BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

BPM

12-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #1
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Akrapovic X-Pipe adapters

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 275.00

Item Interest
Happy Holidays everyone! I'm sure many of you have seen my previous thread on the akrapovic x-pipe adapters for the akra x pipe to fit oem styled ball flange mufflers (basically anything that isn't an akra slip).

I had some feedback on the first batch and the fitment was definitely subpar and not something I wanted to sell. I wound up getting another batch made and I've test fitted these on my old akra x-pipe as well and these fit great this time. The look of the new batch is the exact same as my old ones but with easier fitment.

THESE ARE IN HAND AND READY TO SHIP
I ONLY HAVE 5 SETS SO ORDERS ARE FCFS

I'm sure everyone has already seen the GB thread but this is something I've been working on since last year and well its finally here but YES these serve the same function as the now discontinued RKP adapters.

I have a few sets of akra x pipe to oem style rear adapters for sale. These are a one piece titanium slip on adapter for either the Akra Evo or GT4 x pipe. Will also come with a new clamp for your oem style rear section. Personally ran these adapters with my meisterschaft gt2 as well as my ACM mod exhaust. You will be receiving a new set of course.

For certain people calling this setup cheap, the answer is yes, this is supposed to be a simple solution for adapting the the two systems together. Akrapovic themselves, use a single piece adapter to mate to the OEM x-pipe so these are essentially the same idea but for their x-pipe into OEM style muffler connections.

*Install Notes* The fit is supposed to be tight. This is to minimize exhaust any possibility of an exhaust leak. There is no clamp for the adapter onto the x-pipe itself to keep it from being over tightened and deforming the akrapovic x-pipe. There are minor variances in all x pipes due to ovaling of the x pipe due to the slip on section being tightened too much, heating up the adapter will allow it to expand enough to slide down the xpipe and form a good seal.

Each set will include:
2x Titanium Akra Adapters to fit all ball flanged style exhaust (MPE/Corsa/Eisenmann/Meisterschaft/etc.)
2x Clamps

Priced at $275 shipped per set. Local pick up will receive a slight discount.

Pictures of my personal set, tested for over a year of street and track driving and various setups. Pictured here with my Meisterschaft GT2

12-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #2
EMKOOP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Any owners can chime in how these compare to the previous alternate solution another forum member was offering? Yes those were sold at a higher asking but they were definitely very high quality from what was seen and from actual reviews of users.

Interested in this product so would appreciate any insights shared.
      12-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMKOOP View Post
Any owners can chime in how these compare to the previous alternate solution another forum member was offering? Yes those were sold at a higher asking but they were definitely very high quality from what was seen and from actual reviews of users.

Interested in this product so would appreciate any insights shared.
One set was given out to one very well known MR e90 and they needed to modify it to fit. It needed to be expanded as the tolerance was too tight and didn't slip onto the x-pipe correctly. Another set was sold locally which had helped me figure out the exact issues. I'll leave it to them to chime in.

As for how these compare, they are supposed to be a cheap alternative. At the end of the day it's a pretty simple part and I didn't see a need to over complicate it. For example, the adapter that akrapovic includes with their slip on exhaust to fit the oem x pipe is the same solution, it is a single piece that just slides into the muffler to adapt it!
      12-27-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
EMKOOP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Aside from the cost factor what are the pros and cons of the 2 piece donut vs single piece design on functionality?