F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The TurboGear: I've already included every M3, but what other BMW's should I have?
Studio RSR

04-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Lbaw Malaydude
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Maybe a White M3

The TurboGear: I've already included every M3, but what other BMW's should I have?

The project I'm working on is called the TurboGear. So basically I'm providing drawing templates of people's favorite cars so that drawing cars is a lot easier. I thought it would be a cool way of allowing all car enthusiasts enjoy their favorite cars, especially some of our younger enthusiasts, but I need your help in creating more car templates.

So feel free to visit the site, and let me know what cars you would like to see on there. I've already included all generations of the M3, but I want to know what other BMW's should I include.

I'd appreciate some feedback on what you think about the website, and the idea of the templates. Here's the link:http://theturbogear.com.
Hobby= Drawing Cars
Friends= Car guys..........................Dang
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Neat idea! I like the website too. Definitely include the M1 and 2002tii. Maybe the other M's too or the Z8. There are almost too many good BMWs to pick from!

Lamborghinis would make interesting and effective templates due to their angularity. I'm betting that you are already planning to do some though.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Lbaw Malaydude
Enlisted Member
Rep

Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot about the M1, and although I've seen the 2002tii as a favorite, I actually know very little about. Those two for sure will be one of my next templates to create. I was thinking about doing an M6, just maybe and the first generation of M5's, but I'm not sure yet.

I am going to expand my lineup of supercars, especially Lamborghini's and Ferrari's, because that's what a lot of kid's dream cars are. Out of curiosity, do you know younger enthusiasts, who are trying to draw cars, but are having difficulty?
Hobby= Drawing Cars
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Most of the kids I come into contact with are little so I sure don't. Some of the guys I work with have younger children and they are car guys but their kids are in the building blocks and play-food age. I don't think they are paying much attention to cars yet My sister has a seven year old but he doesn't like to do anything that requires sitting still or concentration, hahaha
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
Lbaw Malaydude
Enlisted Member
Rep

Haha, most younger kids probably wouldn't like to sit down if they had the choice to go outside. I think, the age that most kids get seriously interested in cars is when they're like 9-12 year old, that's probably why we see all those 12 year olds talking crap about each other on those youtube videos of cars .

With that in mind, I think 13-17 year old car guys are probably the ones that would be most interested in these tracing templates, it's a little bit like a step up from normal coloring books, and personally I've never liked coloring books. They always had some lame looking outlines of cars.
Hobby= Drawing Cars
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
E86 M coupe!

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
Lbaw Malaydude
Enlisted Member
Rep

Haha you just want your car on there. What do you think of the templates, think it's a good fit for kids, 9 and up who are just getting interested in cars?
Hobby= Drawing Cars
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

No love for any M sedans?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #9
Lbaw Malaydude
Enlisted Member
Rep

I definitely have some love for the M sedans, in fact I drew a F10 M5 a while back in graphite, but I should probably work on including an M5 as one of the templates.
Hobby= Drawing Cars
Appreciate 0