F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Tesla Model 3
Extreme Powerhouse

07-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #67
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I test drove a Volt a few weeks ago. Full battery charge. EPA range estimate is 37 miles. I got 37.6 miles. In the summer, 90+ degrees outside, AC on the whole time and the stereo cranking. AND 70 MPH runs on the highway with mixed urban driving. I was impressed with the accuracy of the EPA estimate. I'm sure the Tesla S experiences the same range matching to EPA tests.
Very interesting! Was the OBC reset? How long was the test drive (both time and mileage)? I'm not trying to discredit your experience. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm a fan of hybrids and EVs so any additional data points to further validate their existence is welcomed.

I'd like to know that these EPA estimates are accurate and, in real world application, accurate.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 02:03 AM   #68
ammar23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 328i (LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30
On paper it sounds good, and i am sure it will come out good like free hot potatos...

But at this point we are all speculating, need more details...

This is going to hurt the sport sedan segment so bad...
Free hot potatoes : I'm dying man lmao.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 06:39 AM   #69
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Very interesting! Was the OBC reset? How long was the test drive (both time and mileage)? I'm not trying to discredit your experience. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm a fan of hybrids and EVs so any additional data points to further validate their existence is welcomed.

I'd like to know that these EPA estimates are accurate and, in real world application, accurate.
The vehicle status tells you verbatim how many miles you got on the current battery charge. It said something to the effect "37.6 miles on this charge". And it told me how many miles I drove in gas mode too. I tested the car for about 7 miles in EV Hold mode - where you can drive using the engine only. And then when the battery was spent I drove another 2 miles or so on gas mode back to the dealership. I was very pleased that the car I drove hit the EPA mark. Some hybrids don't hit the EPA tests averages (although they are still really good). The Volt forums have guys getting 40 - 50 on a charge, plus MPG averages in the mid 40's vs. the EPA 38.

I'd of probably bought the Volt that day if the car was black instead of gray. My issue is my idea of a fun car is not a front-drive automatic. I've driven manual transmissions most all of my 30+ years of driving life and RWD BMWs for the last 26 or so. But for my current commute I SHOULD get a fuel efficient car. Ugh. Trying to retire the E90 at 258K and keep it for my entertainment car.
Appreciate 0