F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BIG disappointment Brand New 523i
ARMA SPEED

11-28-2011, 02:42 AM   #1
scheneider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M //AMG

BIG disappointment Brand New 523i

Recently I purchased a brand new 2011 523i executive from BMW Dealership, in Jakarta, Imported direct from Germany

And not even a month old, I straightly shocked by the problem showing up in the car. Considering its a brand new car, the electrical/computer system problems (you can see some of them in the picture Im attaching)

These problems occur when I was driving and for me it wasnt safe at all. Since I wasnt able to change gear in that situation, (the computer wasnt able to recognize that I was pressing the brake to change gear) It was dangerous!

Therefore I'm extremely unsatisfied and disappointed with the quality of this brand new 523i executive that isnt working as a brand new BMW STANDARD Quality.

Model info : Sophisto Grey 523i executive 2011, not even a month old

Any Idea whats going on here??

Im requesting BMW to replace me quickly with a new one. (is that to much to ask) considering its a factory defect, and what other problems will occur in long term??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Usually if a bunch of systems go out quickly like that you have an electrical problem. Something isn't hooked up right; take it to BMW they will offer to fix it but probably not to replace the car.

Sorry that you have had these problems. The new F10 is a great drive!

Last edited by PINeely; 11-28-2011 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

These things happen sometimes. Take it to the dealer -- they'll fix it no questions asked.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0