F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > This just irritates me when other drivers....
ARMA SPEED

08-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #45
narlus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalecan View Post
Comfort breakers; those that insist on braking every few minutes for no reason.

if everyone drove a MT car, and didn't hit the brakes as soon as the person in front of them did (even if they are a quarter mile ahead on the highway), there's be a lot less sine wave traffic patterns going on.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #46
pt
Private
Rep
Drives: I miss my E12

- So you're driving behind a van or truck on a highway at speed; let's say you're doing the speed limit for now. The van changes lanes abruptly without signaling or braking. When they clear the lane, you find that traffic was at a dead stop in front of them and you have to stand on the brakes to avoid an accident.

- People that hog the passing lane on a highway and have to cut across multiple lanes of traffic to make their exit because they were busy with their phones and weren't paying attention to where they were going.

- 75+ year old man driving a red, shiny, brand new Corvette 10 MPH below the speed limit. Pisses me off regardless of lane. Pisses me off even more if he's wearing driving gloves.

- Anybody with a bumper sticker that reads "I Brake For ..."

- Confusion at roundabouts because nobody knows what to do or when. Even worse at roundabouts with more than one lane.

- People driving with yapper dogs in their laps, restricting their ability to pay attention and steer the vehicle.

- People that stop at on ramps to highways. IDIOTS!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #47
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

-People that are slowing down for a traffic accident on the OTHER SIDE of the freeway.

-People gawking at my truck, riding in my blind spot so that I can't get over b/c they're not paying attention to my SIGNAL INDICATOR

-someone cutting me off and my having to use my brakes to avoid hitting them, then flicking me off when I honk my horn at them.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #48
Alpha_Zulu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is, Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
-People that are slowing down for a traffic accident on the OTHER SIDE of the freeway.
Oh my god, this one just INFURIATES me to no end.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #49
GhostDawg
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 745Li

Garage List
2004 745Li  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrob126 View Post
The moron in the fast lane that won't get the F out of your way, even though there's nobody in the middle lane! They must feel..." I'm in the fast lane, and here I am a stayin!! This is mainly when i drive from Vegas to CA! I love em!!
Much agreed. Then after 5 cars pass them... Oh maybe I should move over.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #50
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

People slower than me : they're morons.
People faster than me : they're maniacs.

Just kidding. Really, the ones who piss me off the most are

people who tailgate very close,
people who move into that small distance between two cars apparently "just to fill the gap",
people who don't look properly when switching lanes (almost got sandwiched several times in the New York area),
people who zigzag across lanes at a much higher speed than everyone else,
people who unnecessarily come to a complete stop in the middle of the right lane before turning into a driveway, that too without using turn signals.
      09-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #51
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Didn't you post something like this before on E90post?

I hate tailgaters...regardless of reason. I know how people combat tailgaters, they victims go even slower just to piss the aggressor off. I've been on both sides of the situation.
I hate people who cut others off, especially if they can't calculate the distances properly.

On a side note, I realized something...
If you drive like a dumbass, you'll hit a dumbass
If you park like a dumbass, a dumbass will hit you
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #52
ep_83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

When I'm driving I hate pedestrians.

When I'm a pedestrian I hate drivers.

I hate cyclists no matter what.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #53
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
People slower than me : they're morons.
People faster than me : they're maniacs.

Just kidding.
No you're not, and we all know it, and we all feel exactly the same way, which is how we know it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #54
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep_83 View Post

When I'm driving, I don't mind pedestrians going the same direction I am.

When I'm a pedestrian, I don't mind drivers going the same direction I am.

When I cycling, I'd just as soon there be no drivers or pedestrians around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #55
dave0352usmc
U.S. Marine
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 325i

You guys need to try and drive on the same road as crazed Afghani's...

06' Alpine White 325i | 18x8.5 Malloy 5's | H&R Sports | BMS 12,18MM | M3 Front Bumper
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #56
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0352usmc View Post
You guys need to try and drive on the same road as crazed Afghani's...
Do you have to go to Afghanistan to do it?

Based on what I see and read in in the news, it's not all that easy for Westerners to just be around crazed Afghanis, let alone be in a moving vehicle and risk riding over an IED.

I think I'll make myself content living vicariously through you on this one.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #57
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

People using turn signal when they turn, after they braked hard for no reason in front of you without prior notice. Turn signall is used before braking, not while turning, at this's point I see you are turning, I don't need extra blinking for that...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #58
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

People who are itching to get around me when I am driving through a construction zone. It only takes a few minutes of their time to go through a construction zone.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #59
0w40X1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport

People that race up to line of cars at stop light, and honk at you for getting in line from side which makes them have to stop 20 more ft back.

Calm the f*** down around cars that are in gridlock.

Aggressive driving is for hwy with few cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #60
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0w40X1 View Post
People that race up to line of cars at stop light, and honk at you for getting in line from side which makes them have to stop 20 more ft back.

Calm the f*** down around cars that are in gridlock.

Aggressive driving is for hwy with few cars.
I hear you. That happens a lot for me locally as well. The people that want to do 50 in a 30 just to go from one light to the next, but then do 30 in a 50 on the HWY.

Then when I do 35-40 in a 30 from one traffic light to the next, then get on a clear HWY and try to have some fun (as long as traffic permits) the same person mentioned above is upset with me on the HYW as well in the residencial area or shopping districs with lights every 1/2 mile.
      10-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #61
Racer-X / 6'er
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post

I ...passed an older man in a mercedes..., he was flipping me off!
He's old. You might have deserved it. (just messin' with ya.)

In defense of old people, due in no small measure to the fact that I hope to be one in 15 years, give 'em a break. They're old. My dad is 95 and still drives, and he drives slowly too, really slowly. When I go out with him and Mother, I drive, regardless of whose car it is we take. Once in a blue moon, Mother wants to go somewhere with Dad and me. When that happens I drive and Dad follows me and we both are going slowly in the right lane.

It's the one time I might be that irritating other driver. Particularly when it comes to approaching yellow lights and spots where there's a merging lane onto the road we are on. I stop for the yellow because I know Dad's not going through it. I don't move over because once Dad's following me, he stops paying attention to how to get to his destination. So if he can't see me right in front of him, he may not see me turn. (It's happened and you'd be surprised how far someone can get in the few seconds it takes for you to make a turn and in your rear view mirror see them go straight and then turn around and hustle to catch up with them.)

Once he's missed a turn, and lost sight of me, I have to then catch up to him, pull along side him and honk so he'll look and see it's me. Then I can get back in front of him and we can continue the trip. He's good with operating his car. He's good with seeing cars around him, but he sees cars, not a blue car, brown car, black car, grey car, etc. They are all just dark cars. Not late model, not old, just dark cars. He knows how to handle the traffic and his car given that there are cars around him.

If we are all going somewhere and he knows how to get there, he doesn't follow me. He drives at his pace, I drive at mine and meet him and Mother there.

As for Mother, I'm sure anyone who knows her today would describe her as a generous, regal, kind, sweet old lady. And to them that's exactly what she is. Around the house with just Dad and me, she's a different woman. There's something about a car, most likely the difficulty of getting out of one while it's moving, or once it's left the neighborhood, that she suddenly must say all the things she might have tried to say at home, but neither Dad nor I felt like listening to, so we just walked away from her and let her keep talking until she got tired of talking to herself. She's 88 and he's 95, so he has to list to her in the car. I don't don't have to and I won't. The last time I was in a car with Mother was 2003.[/QUOTE]

You're a good man! When I see a senior driver, I try to treat them how I would want my Grandparents treated. No matter how slow they are going... It's how I hope people treat me when I'm that age :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #62
Racer-X / 6'er
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep_83 View Post

AGREED! How can it be OK for cyclist to use the road for recreation and not obey the speed limit and not OK when motorist use the road for recreation and not obey the speed limit (we get ticketed)?

I propose equal ticketing for impeding traffic as for exceeding the posted speed limit.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #63
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

So long as it doesn't endanger me, I'm perfectly at ease.

It might suck to be stuck behind someone going slow . . . especially when you have a car with lots of ponies that you want to unleash with your right foot. That said, the slow driver isn't adding hours to your journey. It's likely mere minutes (or even seconds). If you're cutting it close, you should've left earlier.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #64
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-X / 6'er View Post
AGREED! How can it be OK for cyclist to use the road for recreation and not obey the speed limit and not OK when motorist use the road for recreation and not obey the speed limit (we get ticketed)?

I propose equal ticketing for impeding traffic as for exceeding the posted speed limit.
Because in addition to the laws our legislators pass, there are laws of physics on which none us can take a pass. If I must be plowed into by an oncoming machine, I'd sooner it be a bike than any car, if I must choose one.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #65
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

I hate it when other drivers on the interstates stop at the rest stop and piss on the damn floor or on the toilet seat, or fail to flush the damn toilet or otherwise leave the place in more of a mess than it was when they entered it.

IMO, that's worse than just about anything they might do behind the wheel of their car.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #66
funkle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe

I hate it when I'm approaching a 4-way stop sign, and a pedestrian, or motorist who is already stopped at the intersection waits for me to come to a complete stop before they go on their leisurely way through the intersection.
Appreciate 0