F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Muscle Builders: Question?
Studio RSR

08-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #199
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
I see but. . .

I put like 1 1/2 scoops of N.O. Explode and it helps.
Im able to work atleast 5-6 exercises each bi's & tri's.
You understand that we were not saying not to work bis and tris for 5 excercises per day because we didn't have the energy or stamina to do so from a lack of no xplode, it was because its not an ideal way of working out to maximize gains from what I, and others, have seen through trial and error.

Quote:
I meet a guy at my gym today.
He was my age, but he was pretty huge and buff.

He told me about these pill, pro horomone pill, I believe I spelled it wrong.
Anyways, he says its works like magic.

Then he starts pointing out random ppl at the gym, and he tells me they take it also. It made sense because they were all wearign the same shirts, "Max Muscle."

So what do you guys think about the pro-horomone pills?
Long and short term effects?
You need to do your own research and decide what's best for you. Personally, I wouldn't put that in my body if you had a gun to my head. The right diet, hard work, and adequate sleep can make you "huge and buff." There is no magic pill, so stop looking to cheat. It takes time and dedication to get real results so any short term gain from running a PH is outweighed by the possible long-term affects IMO. Nothing like showing off that new chest of yours with a nice case of gyno, hahaha. I'm very anti-prohormone because I would never consider taking steroids so why would I run a PH when essentially your body is using enzymes to convert the PH into a steroid just like you would take with a real cycle, but of course their is a limit since its capped off by what your body can convert (unlike AAS where it is dosage dependent). I have a very basic understanding of PHs so don't rely on me as a source of information as I never researched the topic much because I would never put one in my body. Of course, this is MY OPINION... do your own research and draw your own conclusions so you don't need to take my word or anyone else's as being gold.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #200
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Just wanted to share my work out experience. I never lifted weights untill recently. I always ran a lot, and swam in high school. now I am 180lbs. when I joined the Army 5 years ago, I was 140 lbs driping wet. you can take all the supplements you want, but if youre not pushing yourself, it aint going to do jack. i tried. I'm not the strongest, but I can bench 245, dead lift 265, and squat 225 all 6 reps. I can also run two miles in 12 minutes. be balanced.

i vary my routine, but i do chest one day, back and bis, then shoulders and tris, and legs on a four day cycle. i also vary my reps. i do 5x5 for 3 cycles. then 4x8 for two cycles, then 3x 15.

I drink lots of water. I drink about 4 liters a day.
I run at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes, but usually more. especially if youre over 30 like I am, it helps a lot. honestly cardio gets a bad rap, but you need a strong heart to have strong muscles. I usally lift in the afternoon and run at night.

what you eat, when you eat is important. get your carbs in the morning, whole grains and fruit, not the processed stuff. dont forget the protein, boiled eggs. eat protein and whole grains again for lunch, with a side of fruit. i like turkey on wheat with mustard plus fruit. at dinner i eat just protein and veggies nothing else, a lot of red meat. i take two shakes, muscle milk after i lift, and syntha-6 when i run. after my work outs. I dont take any other suplements or any vitamins. I personally dont feel the need. Im not going for body builder size, just lean and mean.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #201
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
. I'm not the strongest, but I can bench 245, dead lift 265, and squat 225 all 6 reps. I can also run two miles in 12 minutes. be balanced.
Its kind of funny that you say to be balanced and yet you can't squat more than you bench. Thats the definition of unbalanced. Get that leg strength up.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #202
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Its kind of funny that you say to be balanced and yet you can't squat more than you bench. Thats the definition of unbalanced. Get that leg strength up.
I'm trying, but its hard for me when I run too much. Honestly if I tried my one rep max, i could probably put up 275 at least, just never tried.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #203
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

that's weird...you can't squat more than you can bench? your legs should be much, MUCH stronger than your arms.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #204
jaiman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Be careful, pro hormones are something you should not just jump into, these are something you need to research COMPLETELY before even touching, you have to make sure you cycle correctly and also have to make sure you get a powerful enough post cycle therapy (over the counter stuff usually is not completely effective on some of the things out there) or else kiss your labido good bye! Not worth it in my eyes..
I have never tried any pro-hormones and I have pretty decent size myself.. Although its not something that has come over night, I have been lifting off and on for a while. I stick with NO, creatine, and protein and heavy lifting.
Visual proof that you do not need that stuff just to get decent size, here is a pic.. I am the one on the left
PURPLE NURPLE!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #205
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
that's weird...you can't squat more than you can bench? your legs should be much, MUCH stronger than your arms.
a year ago i could barely squat 165
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #206
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
You understand that we were not saying not to work bis and tris for 5 excercises per day because we didn't have the energy or stamina to do so from a lack of no xplode, it was because its not an ideal way of working out to maximize gains from what I, and others, have seen through trial and error.

You need to do your own research and decide what's best for you. Personally, I wouldn't put that in my body if you had a gun to my head. The right diet, hard work, and adequate sleep can make you "huge and buff." There is no magic pill, so stop looking to cheat. It takes time and dedication to get real results so any short term gain from running a PH is outweighed by the possible long-term affects IMO. Nothing like showing off that new chest of yours with a nice case of gyno, hahaha. I'm very anti-prohormone because I would never consider taking steroids so why would I run a PH when essentially your body is using enzymes to convert the PH into a steroid just like you would take with a real cycle, but of course their is a limit since its capped off by what your body can convert (unlike AAS where it is dosage dependent). I have a very basic understanding of PHs so don't rely on me as a source of information as I never researched the topic much because I would never put one in my body. Of course, this is MY OPINION... do your own research and draw your own conclusions so you don't need to take my word or anyone else's as being gold.
I agree with boosted. I would stay away from pH stuff. At least until you have several years of experience gaining knowledge. Then at that point you can make the decision to do it or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #207
jaiman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
a year ago i could barely squat 165
If you want to build up your squat and deadlift a good book is Starting Strength by Rippletoe.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #208
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I don't think that is too bad Digital James. I can bench as much as I squat as well, but then again I am also more into running 5Ks than lifting my legs. It is difficult to do both. I would say it is not that unbalanced cause unless you wear speedos you never really *see* the result of squats. I can control my weight very well as I am active in many sports so I know I am not unbalanced even if my numbers may reflect so.

btw I am 200 lbs and max (1 rep) bench 315 as well as max squat about 315. I can deadlift about 350 probably, that is not something I do just 1 rep on though.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #209
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
When you run and ruck as much as you do in the military, your legs rarely have the strength to squat monster numbers. I see it every morning when the giant cock-diesel soldiers barely pass tests. It's entertaining.
      10-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #210
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Guys,

can anyone here design a meal plan for me? (I DONT EAT ANY FISH)

I have 90 grams of protein everyday with glutamine from shakes only. And I weigh around 185. so subtracting 90 from 185 leaves 95 grams left to eat.

I want to consume around 2,500 calories a day if not more.

I have trouble picking food its hard for me, any help?

Much appreciated!

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #211
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Guys,

I have 90 grams of protein everyday with glutamine from shakes only. And I weigh around 185. so subtracting 90 from 185 leaves 95 grams left to eat.

Much appreciated!

why? i don't understand people who refuse to eat/do things that are healthy for them. fish is one of the best, if not the best, thing to put in your body, especially if you are weight lifting.

get a nice fresh salmon filet, some lemon pepper seasoning and broil it...guranteed you will love it.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #212
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
why? i don't understand people who refuse to eat/do things that are healthy for them. fish is one of the best, if not the best, thing to put in your body, especially if you are weight lifting.

get a nice fresh salmon filet, some lemon pepper seasoning and broil it...guranteed you will love it.
Idno I have the right to say I dont like it because I have tried all types from sushi to fried fish and everything in between, I just get disgusted and I don't know why.

- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #213
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Guys,

Much appreciated!
As a rule:
Animal foods = protein, fat
Plant foods = carbohydrate
Nuts = protein, fat
Oils = fats

You're getting 90g of protein from protein shakes everyday? Whey?

Edit: Buy and read cover to cover "How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy" by Paul Chek. Awesome resource.

Last edited by Bobby_Light; 10-06-2009 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #214
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
As a rule:
Animal foods = protein, fat
Plant foods = carbohydrate
Nuts = protein, fat
Oils = fats

You're getting 90g of protein from protein shakes everyday? Whey?

Edit: Buy and read cover to cover "How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy" by Paul Chek. Awesome resource.
Will do. But I have that covered about what you mentioned and my problem is putting them together to make a healthy meal.?

I drink 3 shakes with only a 4 oz water mixed with 1 scoop of MaxPro Protein(30 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, 1 gram carbs.) 3 times a day with glutamin. 30 + 30 + 30 = 90 grams of protein. Also, its has 130 calories each scoop and I put one scoop of glutamin which has 20 calories. So just off of shakes with glutamin, I have 450 calories, 90 rams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs, everyday whether I work out or not.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #215
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Will do. But I have that covered about what you mentioned and my problem is putting them together to make a healthy meal.?

I drink 3 shakes with only a 4 oz water mixed with 1 scoop of MaxPro Protein(30 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, 1 gram carbs.) 3 times a day with glutamin. 30 + 30 + 30 = 90 grams of protein. Also, its has 130 calories each scoop and I put one scoop of glutamin which has 20 calories. So just off of shakes with glutamin, I have 450 calories, 90 rams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs, everyday whether I work out or not.
The rule is your plate should be a mix of animal based foods and plant based foods at every meal. It's really not that hard but for some it's difficult to distinguish what is food and what is a chemical concoction disguised as food. The mix will depend upon several factors including your heritage, your body composition goals, body type, activity level, and time of day.

I do meal plans for clients. They are quite specific and use Basal Metabolic Rate and the Harris Benedict formula to compose a meal by meal template based on macronutrient cycling to create the best of both health and body composition. I can also test you for gluten intolerance, digestive health, and food sensitivities to make it extremely client specific. I can go even more in depth than that as well.

If you're weighing 185, the minimum suggested protein intake would be around 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass to maintain muscle/metabolism. Are you only eating taking in protein shakes with glutamine currently?

Protein powder should not be your go to protein source IMO as they are pasteurized, dehydrated powders usually derived from sick cows on antibiotics and hormones. They also often times contain artificial ingredients, colorings, and chemicals. Whole, organic foods are far superior and offer the best nutrients available. If the supplements were so good, bodybuilders wouldn't need steroids to get their freakish physiques. It's a shit ton of marketing that gets people to think that some supplements are beneficial.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #216
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
The rule is your plate should be a mix of animal based foods and plant based foods at every meal. It's really not that hard but for some it's difficult to distinguish what is food and what is a chemical concoction disguised as food. The mix will depend upon several factors including your heritage, your body composition goals, body type, activity level, and time of day.

I do meal plans for clients. They are quite specific and use Basal Metabolic Rate and the Harris Benedict formula to compose a meal by meal template based on macronutrient cycling to create the best of both health and body composition. I can also test you for gluten intolerance, digestive health, and food sensitivities to make it extremely client specific. I can go even more in depth than that as well.

If you're weighing 185, the minimum suggested protein intake would be around 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass to maintain muscle/metabolism. Are you only eating taking in protein shakes with glutamine currently?

Protein powder should not be your go to protein source IMO as they are pasteurized, dehydrated powders usually derived from sick cows on antibiotics and hormones. They also often times contain artificial ingredients, colorings, and chemicals. Whole, organic foods are far superior and offer the best nutrients available. If the supplements were so good, bodybuilders wouldn't need steroids to get their freakish physiques. It's a shit ton of marketing that gets people to think that some supplements are beneficial.

I completely agree..

I dont only take liquid protein daily, my friend said you need all types of protein to build strength so the musle wont get sued to the protein. Shakes, Meat, Bars, etc.. high protein meals is what I do. But its really hard, losing weight was so easy for me, because all I had to do was run!

Building muscle is 1000000x harder, because you need meals with high protein and low fat which is hard to do not to mention the daily weight lifting exercises.

Wheres the easy button!!!??

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #217
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I completely agree..

I dont only take liquid protein daily, my friend said you need all types of protein to build strength so the musle wont get sued to the protein. Shakes, Meat, Bars, etc.. high protein meals is what I do. But its really hard, losing weight was so easy for me, because all I had to do was run!

Building muscle is 1000000x harder, because you need meals with high protein and low fat which is hard to do not to mention the daily weight lifting exercises.

Wheres the easy button!!!??
Good body composition AND health are never easy and don't always run together. The comment by your friend regarding protein sources is not correct. The body much prefers whole foods to processed anything as that is what it is designed to break down, assimilate, and eliminate. Changing the animal food (protein, fat source) you eat daily would be smart as you would avoid food intolerances that develop when consuming the same food over and over.

You need more than protein, and you do not want low fat IMO despite the bullshit that is marketed. Fat has over twice the energy that carbohydrates or protein do (9 calories per gram vs 4 calories per gram). You cannot make all of your steroidal hormones, including testosterone, without fat. You cannot absorb fat soluble vitamins, repair the brain/skin, or make healthy cell walls. If you're looking to gain weight (or lose weight), healthy fats should be plentiful in your diet.

Carbohydrate is important as well but you need to know what kind and when to eat it. Carbohydrate intake has a sharp influence on insulin which is a very strong anabolic hormone. However, insulin is also a fat storage hormone so you have to know when to and when not to spike insulin.

I feel you're overdoing the protein powder. The nutrients in it are suspect. Realize that the body doesn't recognize calories as much as it does nutrients. People can eat an entire bag of potato chips and still not feel full despite multiple hundred of calories. Why? Zero nutrients; you give the body nothing. Ever seen someone eat 5 steaks at a sitting. Never. The steak is so nutrient packed you get full quickly. It's the difference between eating and nourishing yourself.

I've rambled enough. PM me if you think I can help you. Don't want to make this thread a conversation between you and I.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #218
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Good body composition AND health are never easy and don't always run together. The comment by your friend regarding protein sources is not correct. The body much prefers whole foods to processed anything as that is what it is designed to break down, assimilate, and eliminate. Changing the animal food (protein, fat source) you eat daily would be smart as you would avoid food intolerances that develop when consuming the same food over and over.

You need more than protein, and you do not want low fat IMO despite the bullshit that is marketed. Fat has over twice the energy that carbohydrates or protein do (9 calories per gram vs 4 calories per gram). You cannot make all of your steroidal hormones, including testosterone, without fat. You cannot absorb fat soluble vitamins, repair the brain/skin, or make healthy cell walls. If you're looking to gain weight (or lose weight), healthy fats should be plentiful in your diet.

Carbohydrate is important as well but you need to know what kind and when to eat it. Carbohydrate intake has a sharp influence on insulin which is a very strong anabolic hormone. However, insulin is also a fat storage hormone so you have to know when to and when not to spike insulin.

I feel you're overdoing the protein powder. The nutrients in it are suspect. Realize that the body doesn't recognize calories as much as it does nutrients. People can eat an entire bag of potato chips and still not feel full despite multiple hundred of calories. Why? Zero nutrients; you give the body nothing. Ever seen someone eat 5 steaks at a sitting. Never. The steak is so nutrient packed you get full quickly. It's the difference between eating and nourishing yourself.

I've rambled enough. PM me if you think I can help you. Don't want to make this thread a conversation between you and I.
Dude can I hire you as my personal nutritionist?

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #219
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude can I hire you as my personal nutritionist?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #220
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

im the opposite i need to lose weight
im hire a personal trainer, this shit is to much to learn.... i dont even know how to lift correctly :/