E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > The Best Way To Buy Your Bimmer!!

08-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
iDOorDIE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i (on order!)

The Best Way To Buy Your Bimmer!!

DUDE,

if your in the market to buy a car and you have some free time (a minimum of about 3 or 4 days, if you live in the U.S.) you might want to SERIOUSLY consider buying it through the ED (European Delivery) program.

i'm just now ordering my (335i coupe with ALL the bells & whistles) and all i paid was a total of $1392 for the car above the wholesale price on a european delivery. my total price tag which includes the price of the car and all of my option (and i do mean all the bells & whistles, fully loaded) comes out to $49775, and that includes the $695 for shipping.

thats a total savings of: $1898 from the actual ED price (a little over 5%),

and a savings of: $4878 from the actual MSRP price (a little over 8%) which is what most dealers are going to try and hit you with....., MSRP!!

don't do it!! don't do MSRP!! if you have the spare time (and if you don't......, MAKE SOME!!) go the ED way. the few thousand you save will actually pay for your own mini vacation! why give the 4 grand (or more) to a DEALER when you can use it to pay for your own airfare (which Lufthansa offers a 2 for 1 deal if your doing an ED so you can even bring a friend with you) (how cool is that!). use that savings to pay for your airfare & hotel (which bye the way when i checked it was only about $1,200 total (airfare & hotel) for an 8 day stay), and use the rest of it as spending money!!

lets do the math.......,

total out of pocket savings on a wholesale ED.............................., $4878
minus hotel & airfare for 8 days (travelocity)................................, -1200
misc. out of pocket (travel) expense (european navigation dvd)......., - 165
__________________________________________________ ______________
total spending money for 8 days in Europe..................................., $3,513

OH, also included in that ED delivery that you don't see in the pricing.........,
IS THE EXPERIENCE AND THE MEMORIES OF A LIFETIME!!

i'm leaving the end of October and i can't wait til it gets here!! :rocks:

i ordered mine thru adrian of (see: nalleybmw.com). great guy! very knowledgeable and experienced with the ED program, easy to work with, quick, and straight to the point. not a money hungry rip off like some of these other guys out there. in fact, i liked his deal so much that although i actually live in florida (and he's located in Georgia) i still bought my car thru him. i'll just go pick it up when my car arrives here in the U.S. (he's only about an 8.5 hour drive from me (or just have it shipped to me here in florida for $475 ($875 for covered transport) if i don't feel like driving that day. how much easier than that can life really be!!

2007 space grey metallic, dark burl walnut wood trim, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, steptronic, active steering, paddle shifters, comfort access, power rear sunshade, heated front seats, park distance control, active cruise control, navigation system, voice activation, satellite radio.
2007 space grey metallic, dark burl walnut wood trim, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, steptronic, active steering, paddle shifters, comfort access, power rear sunshade, heated front seats, park distance control, active cruise control, navigation system, voice activation, satellite radio.
Appreciate 0