F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Mr. Olympia 2011
Studio RSR

01-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Zane wasn't big even when he won his 3 Mr O's, he was significantly smaller than Arnie, even little Franco was built bigger, Zanes weapon was his awesome aesthetics and symmetry.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Back when I was really into this stuff and looked through all the old photos, I was never a fan of Zane, but now it's the look I prefer.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
Zane wasn't big even when he won his 3 Mr O's, he was significantly smaller than Arnie, even little Franco was built bigger, Zanes weapon was his awesome aesthetics and symmetry.
YEah poor franco. He was built like a tank. Insane back thickness and overall mass, unfortunately his tiny height screwed him from being more of a dominant force back in the days
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #26
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
Interesting posts about Zane, Franco, etc.. I really enjoyed the BBers of the '70 and '80s. Franco was always a beast. A lot of great work then to setup to where we are today. There were some really great BBers then and there are some great ones now. One of these years, I need to get to some shows again - Texas Shredder is local, so I don't have any real excuses.

The pro's of today are HUGH compared to many of the pro's of yesterday. To be expected, but one does wonder where the sport will go from here. Are we at the genetic limits on size and health? Phil Heath looked excellent this time. I thought Jay was probably placed too high and wonder where Branch W. would have fared if he was not injured on the way to the show. Oh well. It's another year. Let the fun begin.

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #27
MikeyV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
YEah poor franco. He was built like a tank. Insane back thickness and overall mass, unfortunately his tiny height screwed him from being more of a dominant force back in the days
Funny thing is today most of the BB's are pretty short, so Franco would have fit right in.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #28
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
Funny thing is today most of the BB's are pretty short, so Franco would have fit right in.

Thats an awsome height comparison pic dude.. It always gets me as to how proportionate and genetically gifted Serge Nubret was back in the days.. Like mentioned above I too wonder where the sport will go from here. I mean I cant imagine dudes getting any bigger then they are presently. I cant foresee the next gen of BBer's being 350lbs at 4% BF on stage. I think the sport will start heading away from shear mass and more towards the old school more symetric and lighter look. Guys now are gettign some what carrie away. Abs today are massive. The V shaped tapered look is gone. Well only time can tell. BUt we are living in a good era for the sport. Its never been as prominant in general culture as it is now.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
MikeyV
Captain
Rep

Serge still looked pretty decent at 60, I believe he passed away last year.

Appreciate 0