F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > LOSING weight!!...any pros? please read
ARMA SPEED

01-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Personally that's what he said, I had nothing to gain by having him proof himself to me. He definitely gained muscle mass, but he still didn't look 180 lbs to me. This is again, his words.

Michael (BoostedBMW) - what do you think of eating fruits like watermelon and orange after working out. I usually work out at around 10-11PM for 2 hours, so it's early in the morning when I get home. I usually get a bit hungry so I eat up slices of watermelon, strawberry, and oranges. I go to sleep at around 3AM or so and wake up at 10-11AM, if that matters. (Yeah, my sleeping pattern is all weird now, lol).
Thats not good man. You shouldn't exercise hours before your sleep. The reason is, after your work out, your body is still going crazy pumping blood everywhere, which makes parts of your brain more alert resulting in a shittier sleep.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

hey fellas i have upped my calories to about 1800-1900 calories which is no problem because i am 23x pounds. You are suppost to eat about 12 calories per pound just to maintain your weight...

I have a question though...is this how it works?

Ok so if im suppost to be eating 3000 calories a day for my weight and im eating 1900 in CLEAN food in the right intervals and size. This means im losing 1100 calories a day.

Im doing 500 calories a day cardio 5 days a week which equates to 2500 calories.

Every 3500 calories is a pound.

So if im cutting out 7700 calories from my diet and another 2500 from working out....does this mean with this current setup ill be losing 3 pounds a week? plus whatever the lip6x dietary pills do for me?

1500 calories was too little and some of you were right i did more research thx for the advice...

Is this how it works? How much extra weight will the pills make me lose if im losing 3 pounds a week doing cardio and eating right?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #25
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Thats not good man. You shouldn't exercise hours before your sleep. The reason is, after your work out, your body is still going crazy pumping blood everywhere, which makes parts of your brain more alert resulting in a shittier sleep.
I adapted to my pattern already. I wake up after a 7-8 hour sleep feeling fine. A lot of people hit the gym after work, that's why high flow hours are from 6-10PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #26
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
I adapted to my pattern already. I wake up after a 7-8 hour sleep feeling fine. A lot of people hit the gym after work, that's why high flow hours are from 6-10PM.
Lol ya i go to the gym around 6 but will finish by 8 the latest. Thats like 5 hours before i sleep. One thing everyone forgets to mention is how important sleep is. If i get a good nights sleep my muscles will be soo big in the morning but if i wake up with an alarm i feel/look like shit.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:

Michael (BoostedBMW) - what do you think of eating fruits like watermelon and orange after working out. I usually work out at around 10-11PM for 2 hours, so it's early in the morning when I get home. I usually get a bit hungry so I eat up slices of watermelon, strawberry, and oranges. I go to sleep at around 3AM or so and wake up at 10-11AM, if that matters. (Yeah, my sleeping pattern is all weird now, lol).
I think that eating any kind of fruit at 10-11pm would be the same as eating them at 2pm after you workout. Not eating carbs before bed is a HUGE myth, and again it just comes back to your daily macros/calories at the end of the day is what really matters. Now, some people would argue for a huge pwo insulin spike from simple carbs/sugars, which is debatable, but I think that fruit is an excellent carb source after a workout to go along with protein. As long as you don't go too overboard and eat an entire watermelon, you are fine if you are within your calorie limits for the day. I always eat fruit or yogurt after a workout along with a whey shake, and follow that up with a real food meal around an hour later, but if you are working out that late then you probably don't feel like stuffing yourself right before bed, but that is nothing to be afraid of if you were comfortable falling asleep with a full stomach. Just make sure that you are taking in some sort of protein along with your fruit and enjoy your fruit.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #28
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

^Lol, the reason I eat the fruit slices is because if I don't, my stomach will be rumbling like a V12 engine when I'm trying to go to bed. It's definitely not a whole watermelon. Usually 5-7 slices of cold watermelon and half or a whole orange. Something just to make me not starve. It's definitely within my daily cal intake limit as well. When I can not find good watermelons to buy, I usually have a cup of yogurt.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #29
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
^Lol, the reason I eat the fruit slices is because if I don't, my stomach will be rumbling like a V12 engine when I'm trying to go to bed. It's definitely not a whole watermelon. Usually 5-7 slices of cold watermelon and half or a whole orange. Something just to make me not starve. It's definitely within my daily cal intake limit as well. When I can not find good watermelons to buy, I usually have a cup of yogurt.
i usually work out around 10pm to 11ish as well but i usually eat a protein bar because like you my stomach is growling for something to eat, and I'm fighting not to eat pizza or something fatty lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #30
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i usually work out around 10pm to 11ish as well but i usually eat a protein bar because like you my stomach is growling for something to eat, and I'm fighting not to eat pizza or something fatty lol.
I don't get tempted like this anymore, hehe. Wednesday nights is when my friend has a car meet at his shop. I usually cruise down to hang out for an hour or two and head to the gym after since it's nearby. Those guys would each wolf down 4-5 slices of pizza! That's at least 1,000 cals combined.

I do order pizzas, but it's refined to say the least. No cheese, veggie lover with jalapenos and pineapple. Pretty good, surprising!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #31
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
I don't get tempted like this anymore, hehe. Wednesday nights is when my friend has a car meet at his shop. I usually cruise down to hang out for an hour or two and head to the gym after since it's nearby. Those guys would each wolf down 4-5 slices of pizza! That's at least 1,000 cals combined.

I do order pizzas, but it's refined to say the least. No cheese, veggie lover with jalapenos and pineapple. Pretty good, surprising!
hmmm thats interesting i never tired it without cheese, i just started to work out again trying to cut down at least 10lbs since i'm not really over weight. although I still get tempted to eat cheese burgers or pizza lol its starting to get better though since its been 2 weeks since i've ate that kinda of stuff
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #32
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Ahhhh, ok, I see. Try eating some protein in addition to the carbs though. Your body is starving after a workout so feed it! Also, protein will keep you full for a longer period of time then simple carbs will so when you go to sleep your stomach will only grumble like a small V8 instead of a V12.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #33
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
I don't follow a super strict routine... but I limit alcohol and sweets. I eat six times a day; usually a 260-calorie protein bar in-between meals. I've been hella lazy going to the gym, but I still go around 3 or 4 times a week.

I'm not sure about that Lipo 6X stuff (I was given a free sample) but I will stay away from fat burners.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 11:05 PM   #34
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

I'm 5'11" and weight 145 pounds, lol. I move a lot and do extreme sports for like 7 years, therefore I'm skinny and slim.
Will prolly be gaining weight in my late 20's, that's what my dad and my grandpa were.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #35
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Ahhhh, ok, I see. Try eating some protein in addition to the carbs though. Your body is starving after a workout so feed it! Also, protein will keep you full for a longer period of time then simple carbs will so when you go to sleep your stomach will only grumble like a small V8 instead of a V12.
I don't think I'll be in the mood to eat a slice of chicken breast or anything at such an odd hour. Do you have any other recommendation? Something that comes in the form of a bar or something that doesn't require cooking? Lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #36
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't think I'll be in the mood to eat a slice of chicken breast or anything at such an odd hour. Do you have any other recommendation? Something that comes in the form of a bar or something that doesn't require cooking? Lol.
That's what supplements are for. Any whey or whey/casein/egg blend would be fine to have. You can make a shake or if you prefer to eat a bar you can make some homemade protein bars (I make them with a whey blend, peanut butter, and oats). Pretty much all of the bars that you can buy either taste horrible or they are loaded with a ton of sugar so I don't eat them.

For a pre-bed I like eggs, chicken, steak, etc, but I just got use to eating all the time. You can also go for some cottage cheese, but I always hated the taste of it.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #37
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Eggs it is. I will hard boil a dozen or so and consume 1 or 2 in addition to my fruits after the gym. Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #38
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Eggs it is. I will hard boil a dozen or so and consume 1 or 2 in addition to my fruits after the gym. Thanks, Mike.
No problem at all bro (I'm sorry, I forgot your name ). Each egg has about 7 grams of protein so I would eat 3. Around 20g of protein pwo has been shown in studies to be an adequate amount for those who lift.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Haha Mike, my name is Wisith. The "W" in WJ4. You don't think 3 is too much in addition to the fruit? I'm also trying to lose weight in addition to toning up. PS do you eat the whole egg or just egg white?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #40
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Haha Mike, my name is Wisith. The "W" in WJ4. You don't think 3 is too much in addition to the fruit? I'm also trying to lose weight in addition to toning up. PS do you eat the whole egg or just egg white?
Ok, I will definitely not remember that.

Normally, what I will do when I have eggs is that I'll buy "all whites" by the large container and I'll add a cup of those (24g of protein) to one whole egg so they taste good and have much more protein then fat. Eating whole eggs isn't "bad" for you, but I prefer to take in my fats from other sources.

As far as 3 eggs being too many cals, I would just a lot for that 20-30g of protein in your overall daily intake because pwo its pretty important IMO.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #41
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Ok, I will definitely not remember that.

Normally, what I will do when I have eggs is that I'll buy "all whites" by the large container and I'll add a cup of those (24g of protein) to one whole egg so they taste good and have much more protein then fat. Eating whole eggs isn't "bad" for you, but I prefer to take in my fats from other sources.

As far as 3 eggs being too many cals, I would just a lot for that 20-30g of protein in your overall daily intake because pwo its pretty important IMO.
Sounds good. I barely take it ~1,500 cals a day and I'm not starving myself either. I'd figure that my work out burns off at least 600 cals..with the lifting, stretching, shadow boxing and 5-7 mile run, bicycling, etc.

I already bought the eggs from Costco, they're going to be hardboiled later tonight in preparation for tonight's workout.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #42
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good. I barely take it ~1,500 cals a day and I'm not starving myself either. I'd figure that my work out burns off at least 600 cals..with the lifting, stretching, shadow boxing and 5-7 mile run, bicycling, etc.

I already bought the eggs from Costco, they're going to be hardboiled later tonight in preparation for tonight's workout.
Running 5-7 miles will burn 550-800 calories alone EASILY.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #43
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #44
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
Running 5-7 miles will burn 550-800 calories alone EASILY.
That's what it says on the machine, but I don't take it seriously because the cals measured can be off up to 70%. Every time I go to the gym, I warm up by running 3.x miles in 30 mins..usually at level 3.5 for the first minute, then 6.0 from the 2nd minute to the 20th mark, and 6.5 from that point until the 30th mark, and 2 min cool down at level 4. After everything is said and done, my average time, according to the machine is 10 mins per mile and it's around 350 cals burned.

After the warm up, I get a good session of lifting in. Then it's another 30 mins of either running, fast this time, or get on the bicycle and work on the legs/thighs. I think the key is to have good music. If I didn't have some fast pace songs, I don't think I can keep up, lol.

PS Mike, I started the eggs/fruits routine last night. It made my stomach a bit more quiet, lol.
Appreciate 0