F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW M pondering M supercar using i8 technology?
Studio RSR

11-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #89
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Maserati Ghibli, E92m, FTR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
AMG GT or a GT3 RS are very different cars.

Unless you track 10+ times a year, GT3 RS is overkill. And if you track a lot the AMG GT will just not cut it because you will want a truly trackable car with all the mods/safety equipment etc and the GT3 will have loads of that.

AMG GT and Porsche Turbo are more comparable imho....
Very good point although I've heard that te AMG GT is going to be very track oriented, dry sump and all
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #90
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
Not going to lie you do get very defensive over Porsche. and the i8 does not compete with the 911 at all. Also whats the point and being on a BMW fourm if you dont even like BMW.. makes no sense. and the i8 being overshadowed? yeah right and no the i8 has already defined that with this. its a hybrid sports car why do you think other manufactures are planning their own? Mercedes is considering one.. even audi are making an electric hybrid R8 to compete with the i8. the 918 isn't leading a thing its a hybrid hypercar. the P1 has more tech than it..aswell as the La Ferrari and if you knew about all this "tech" that goes into cars like the i8 then you would know yourself the car isnt overpriced. and for what it is it doesnt underperform at all it does 0to60 in 3.8sec.

I was also in london yesterday a white i8 was parked infront of a GT3 911. the 911 got no attention everyone was surrounding the i8. a little kid got asked a question by his farther and said which one do you like? he pointed at the i8 and didnt even give the porsche a look.
Pointless comparison. Looks are subjective and performance isn't. What he said was spot on...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #91
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshortguy View Post
What an embarrassing set of hyperbole. The i8 was never meant for the track as evidenced by it's skinny tires. Besides that the i8 has drawn tons of critical acclaim as well as more attention than the 911 has garnered in the last decade or more. Yeah a true failure, despite the fact every mag/site has commented on the fantastic hybrid powertrain and overall design as the coming of the future.

It's amazing how defensive you get anytime anything is compared to a porsche product, especially given what forum you're on.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #92
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The long haul View Post
Pointless comparison. Looks are subjective and performance isn't. What he said was spot on...
No it wasnt hes just a porsche fanboy. since when does a 911 compete with a i8? it doesn't. if there was a hybrid 911 with similar performance of the i8 then it would compete with that.. the M4 destorys a 911 carrera on track anyway. I dont know why people think porsches are the Ultimate track cars. even the ferrari 458 speciale is faster than a gt3 on track.. the new AMG GT will probably destory many 911s too.

Last edited by YungDro; 11-24-2014 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #93
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Not at all.

The i8 is hideous IMO. And its one of the most overpriced, underperforming cars out there. Maybe its just the fact that the 918 and P1 are getting all the headlines that the i8 is being overhadowed.
Sorry but the 918 is the leading car for what future tech will be. There isnt a single car more advance nor a better integration and calibration of technology.
And, again, when the 911 hybrid comes out, it will define what a performance hybrid is.

The 911 is iconic, and 50 plus years later is still the single, absolute benchmark everyone wants to be and tries to compete with. The i8 (or anything BMW for that matter) is not, and will never be either of those things...nor does it compete and wont stand a chance against the 911 hybrid.
The i8 has received as much attention as the P1 and definitely more than the 918. The 918 is the least talked about of the big 3 hybrid hypercars. Didn't the P1 just beat the 918 in the evo track battle? The P1 definitely seems like the benchmark performance hybrid as far as I've read in comparos.

The 918 is the least distinctive and bland of the 3 design wise at all, I'm not sold on the laferrari look but at least it has a distinctive look and design. Looks are a big part of getting attention and that's part of why the 918 gets the least attention of the 3.

Please find me a hybrid sports car that makes the i8 look overpriced or under performing. You simply throw out claims of a nonexistent 911 hybrid as some sort of catch all point without actually forming a factual base for your claims against the i8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The long haul View Post
What performance comparison? The original poster he quoted didn't say the i8 was a track performance rival to the 911, he was referring to the possible M car. In fact, no one here has made the comparison because no one is idiotic enough to think a car that comes with fuel efficient skinny tires standard was designed to compete with the 911 on the track (well except for the porsche fan perhaps).

If you want a performance comparison then go ahead and post another hybrid sports car that it competes with that doesn't cost over $1mil. Apparently we can't discuss the possibility of an M super car without people trying to put it down before it exists.

Last edited by tallshortguy; 11-24-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #94
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
The i8 has received as much attention as the P1 and definitely more than the 918. The 918 is the least talked about of the big 3 hybrid hypercars. Didn't the P1 just beat the 918 in the evo track battle? The P1 definitely seems like the benchmark performance hybrid as far as I've read in comparos.

The 918 is the least distinctive and bland of the 3 design wise at all, I'm not sold on the laferrari look but at least it has a distinctive look and design. Looks are a big part of getting attention and that's part of why the 918 gets the least attention of the 3.

Please find me a hybrid sports car that makes the i8 look overpriced or under performing. You simply throw out claims of a nonexistent 911 hybrid as some sort of catch all point without actually forming a factual base for your claims against the i8.
exactly +1
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #95
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No it wasnt hes just a porsche fanboy. since when does a 911 compete with a i8? it doesn't. if there was a hybrid 911 with similar performance of the i8 then it would compete with that.. the M4 destorys a 911 carrera on track anyway. I dont know why people think porsches are the Ultimate track cars. even the ferrari 458 speciale is faster than a gt3 on track.. the new AMG GT will probably destory many 911s too.
The i8 doesn't compete, that I true. I beleive what he's getting at is BMW doesn't have a car on Porsche's level, and they DONT period. We are all waiting for that day as we have been for 20 years.
The M4 might beat a base Carerra around the track, but I'd still take the 991 for track duty personally.
The 458 speciale beats the GT3? I legit didn't know that but for the price difference and power difference I suppose it sure should lol.
I'm no porsche fan boy but point is they have a proven track history that is well earned. BMW still hasn't nutted a halo car.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #96
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
An M4 beats the base 911? Really?

The M4 gets DEMOLISHED by a 350 hp 3300 lbs BASE 911. 1.4 seconds on a sub 1:20 lap. LOL. In the comparo C&D did, the base 911 in all the fun to drive and objective performance stuff, the base 991 embarassed it. It has lost every comparo to a 991S as well.

The m3/4 arent even in the same league as a 991S despite nearly 100 more hp/tq. Its faster than the base 991 (duh its got at least 100 more hp based on dynos), but the 991 is still a FAR, FAR better driver's car.

The 458 speciale is an equal to a GT3. The GT3 just won performance car of the year over the speciale. The GT3 also 125 less hp yet is neck and neck with it on the track. And the GT3 really is more like the 458 (which it destroys), the GT3 RS is akin to a speciale yet the REGULAR GT3 is at the very least an equal car. The RS will beat the speciale with ease. And itll do it with much less hp, and for half the cost.

The AMG will not touch them. You obviously have no clue from this post what youre talking about with regards to performance.

Why did the m4/i8 do so poorly at best driver's car? Why did they do so poorly in best performance car? Why have they both lost virutally every comparo to a Porsche product? The M4 just got beat by a Cayman S too.

You do realize when Porsche has competed with Ferrari and BMW in ALMS, Porsche owned them. They are far more decorated in that series, which the cars are closest to what you get as street cars (vs F1). Porsche won I believe 10 of the 15 seasons ALMS GT/GT2 existed. They are so good they make the Yankees look inconsistent. As far as racing, BMW, Ferrari and Merc combined havent been as successful as Porsche. They are the ultimate and pinnacle of track/street cars, bar none.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 11-24-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #97
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep

Quote:

What performance comparison? The original poster he quoted didn't say the i8 was a track performance rival to the 911, he was referring to the possible M car. In fact, no one here has made the comparison because no one is idiotic enough to think a car that comes with fuel efficient skinny tires standard was designed to compete with the 911 on the track (well except for the porsche fan perhaps).

If you want a performance comparison then go ahead and post another hybrid sports car that it competes with that doesn't cost over $1mil. Apparently we can't discuss the possibility of an M super car without people trying to put it down before it exists.
LaF looks awful, the P1 is second to the 918. i8 looks terrible to say the least.
I know the i8 isnt a 911 competitor, but the comparos have pegged them in which the i8 hasnt proved a thing. Did I ever say it wasnt a good car? Its an ok car, but again overshadowed by the real performance hybrids.
Other than tesla not really anyhting else out there in the price range and we all know the tesla is much faster.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #98
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
LaF looks awful, the P1 is second to the 918. i8 looks terrible to say the least.
I know the i8 isnt a 911 competitor, but the comparos have pegged them in which the i8 hasnt proved a thing. Did I ever say it wasnt a good car? Its an ok car, but again overshadowed by the real performance hybrids.
Other than tesla not really anyhting else out there in the price range and we all know the tesla is much faster.
Looks wise it's actually quite clear the 918 is the least distinctive and imaginative of the 3, the i8 has garnered critical acclaim for it's concept esque looks. You can try to alter the general consensus as much as you'd like with you fact devoid porsche fanisms but it just won't happen. Like I said, look at google search statistics, etc. You keep claiming the 918 has received all this attention when the opposite is true even when compared to a car 1/10 it's price. You're certainly entitled to your opinion however.

In what way is it overshadowed by other performance hybrids? The fact that it is receiving so much attention is being overshadowed? If you're talking about performance then you've clearly lost any sense of reason since those cars all cost well over $1mil.

Also, tesla doesn't make a sports car nor do they make a hybrid. The fact there is nothing out there at the price range is exactly the whole point that you seem to not understand.

Quote:

You do realize when Porsche has competed with Ferrari and BMW in ALMS, Porsche owned them. They are far more decorated in that series, which the cars are closest to what you get as street cars (vs F1). Porsche won I believe 10 of the 15 seasons ALMS GT/GT2 existed. They are so good they make the Yankees look inconsistent. As far as racing, BMW, Ferrari and Merc combined havent been as successful as Porsche. They are the ultimate and pinnacle of track/street cars, bar none.
You've given your motorsport schpiel already in a previous thread so you want my entire posted response to it back then let me know and I'm sure I can dig it up. I'll just leave with this gem, in several of the 9 seasons Porsche won the man. title, they consisted of the vast majority of the field. For example, in 2004 9 of the 11 cars in the GT class were porsches, so if you think that's something to brag about then have at it.

Quote:
Why did the m4/i8 do so poorly at best driver's car? Why did they do so poorly in best performance car? Why have they both lost virutally every comparo to a Porsche product? The M4 just got beat by a Cayman S too.
lol you mean the the cayman S that finished the exact same place in 2013 best driver's car as the M4 finished in 2014 and 1.6s slower? I guess the cayman s did really poorly according to your standards. The 4S that year was .5s faster, truly dominating

Last edited by tallshortguy; 11-24-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #99
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:

The M4 gets DEMOLISHED by a 350 hp 3300 lbs BASE 911. 1.4 seconds on a sub 1:20 lap. LOL. In the comparo C&D did, the base 911 in all the fun to drive and objective performance stuff, the base 991 embarassed it. It has lost every comparo to a 991S as well.

The m3/4 arent even in the same league as a 991S despite nearly 100 more hp/tq. Its faster than the base 991 (duh its got at least 100 more hp based on dynos), but the 991 is still a FAR, FAR better driver's car.

The 458 speciale is an equal to a GT3. The GT3 just won performance car of the year over the speciale. The GT3 also 125 less hp yet is neck and neck with it on the track. And the GT3 really is more like the 458 (which it destroys), the GT3 RS is akin to a speciale yet the REGULAR GT3 is at the very least an equal car. The RS will beat the speciale with ease. And itll do it with much less hp, and for half the cost.

The AMG will not touch them. You obviously have no clue from this post what youre talking about with regards to performance.

La ferrari p1 and the volkswagen 918 are hybrid hypercars its a different segment. the i8 is a hybrid sports car. I dont think you understand what the i8 is if you think its competing with the hypercars.. and from looks wise uve probably never seen a i8 in person its a very popular car and a good looking car. gets more looks than any hairdressers porsche LOL.

See look how defensive youre getting and what 1 video of a 911 beating the M4? the driver said in the end if i had more time with the M4 it could beat the 911. Also ive seen 4 other videos on track of the M4 beating the 911 so.. even a sprint to 100mph the volkswagen bettle loses there no wonder 911 owners are trading their volskwagen in for the new M4. Ive driven a M4 it handles like a race car. and no way is a cayman S faster than a M4 are you actually serious LOOL!! you really dont understand the power of the M4. R1Motorsport did a simple ECU tune on the M4 with an aftermarket exhaust it dragged agaisnt a tuned M5 and the M4 won its stupid fast. if you want to see it the video is here -

The ferrari speciale is faster than the volkswagen GT3 also its not equal it destorys it in every aspect want proof? there:

Porsche can never get on the level of a ferrari tbh. you dont know much about performance even the 650s beat the volkswagen GT3 and mclaren are bringing a track based version of the 650s so that will demolish the volkswagen GT3 even more.. maybe the GT3 RS may be equal or faster we will see.. but if the head of porsche is saying a GT3 is faster than a speciale in an interview he's clearly wrong. and last i heard the M4 and i8 were voted in 1st 2nd and 3rd top drivers cars in mags and on the internet. i didnt see any porsche in the list LOL maybe because they all keep setting on fire..

"Amg wont touch them" yes they will the AMG Boss even stated its a 911 killer on track. looking at laptimes its done its demolished 911s most reviewers have even said its faster than a 911 its more fun sounds better looks better and more importantly it drives and handles better. the AMG GT is a straight 911 killer. 911s are good track cars but there are other cars out there than can beat them.. you will see when the AMG GT hits the track goodbye volkswagen bettles!

and just to state.. i'd take a M or an AMG over a porsche anyday. your opinion may be different but thats mine.

Last edited by YungDro; 11-24-2014 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #100
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

All the above comments just show that BMW needs to get on with it and let M loose... They've got the chassis now they need to exploit it.

BMW are not even vaguely in league with Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari etc when it comes to performance cars and all the debate in the world won't change that. They have however created a stunning road car with efficiency and exciting new technology, more than anyone would need on any UK road.

They've invaded the territory of Renault/Peugeot/ Ford/Opel... Now they need somethings to deal with the 911 GT3, Turbo S, the 650S and the 458. Much more exciting that FWD people carriers.

I9. I10. M10. M12 whatever just get on and build them... If you can sell out a 3 cyl hybrid, you'll have no probs shifting 4, 6 and 8 cyl versions !!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #101
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The M100 will be headline worthy as the i8 is once again it is all about "less is more" especially what engine will feature and again it will be constructed to be more advanced at the same depth of technology as multi-million euro super cars but not even at their sale cost.
It will be slightly more expensive than the i8. But technologically more advanced at its entry competition.
      11-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #102
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
The M100 will be headline worthy as the i8 is once again it is all about "less is more" especially what engine will feature and again it will be constructed to be more advanced at the same depth of technology as multi-million euro super cars but not even at their sale cost.
It will be slightly more expensive than the i8. But technologically more advanced at its entry competition.
Is this the next i car (nee i9) you are referring to Scott or the hypothetical M supercar?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #103
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
La ferrari p1 and the volkswagen 918 are hybrid hypercars its a different segment. the i8 is a hybrid sports car. I dont think you understand what the i8 is if you think its competing with the hypercars.. and from looks wise uve probably never seen a i8 in person its a very popular car and a good looking car. gets more looks than any hairdressers porsche LOL.

See look how defensive youre getting and what 1 video of a 911 beating the M4? the driver said in the end if i had more time with the M4 it could beat the 911. Also ive seen 4 other videos on track of the M4 beating the 911 so.. even a sprint to 100mph the volkswagen bettle loses there no wonder 911 owners are trading their volskwagen in for the new M4. Ive driven a M4 it handles like a race car. and no way is a cayman S faster than a M4 are you actually serious LOOL!! you really dont understand the power of the M4. R1Motorsport did a simple ECU tune on the M4 with an aftermarket exhaust it dragged agaisnt a tuned M5 and the M4 won its stupid fast. if you want to see it the video is here -

The ferrari speciale is faster than the volkswagen GT3 also its not equal it destorys it in every aspect want proof? there:

Porsche can never get on the level of a ferrari tbh. you dont know much about performance even the 650s beat the volkswagen GT3 and mclaren are bringing a track based version of the 650s so that will demolish the volkswagen GT3 even more.. maybe the GT3 RS may be equal or faster we will see.. but if the head of porsche is saying a GT3 is faster than a speciale in an interview he's clearly wrong. and last i heard the M4 and i8 were voted in 1st 2nd and 3rd top drivers cars in mags and on the internet. i didnt see any porsche in the list LOL maybe because they all keep setting on fire..

"Amg wont touch them" yes they will the AMG Boss even stated its a 911 killer on track. looking at laptimes its done its demolished 911s most reviewers have even said its faster than a 911 its more fun sounds better looks better and more importantly it drives and handles better. the AMG GT is a straight 911 killer. 911s are good track cars but there are other cars out there than can beat them.. you will see when the AMG GT hits the track goodbye volkswagen bettles!

and just to state.. i'd take a M or an AMG over a porsche anyday. your opinion may be different but thats mine.

You have just proven you know very little. The GT3 has 475 hp vs the 458 Speciales 600, and the 650S' 650 hp. So despite it being down a serious amount of hp it is right there in the track times with the 650S and the 458 will be beaten handily by the GT3 RS, and it wont need 600 hp to do so. And when the Porsche 960 comes out, its all over because the GT3 is right there now, the RS will beat them and the 960 will only be that much better.

I've seen the i8 in person, its attrocious looking.

I cant help but laugh. They just reviewed a 911 vs AMG GT S and the 911 was picked as the better car. Of course the AMG Boss will hype the car, but when reviews like the one done already continue, youll be eating a lot of crow as you are right now. 911s are simply the best out there bar none.

Porsche is as good if not better than Ferrari, simply put.

What videos have shown the M4 beating a 911. I provided you the only one they have had in direct comparison and the M4 got blown out of the water by an entry level 911. The M4 has lost every comparison to the 991S and best times I've seen the 991S was 0-100 mph in 8.4 seconds vs the m4 which was 8.8 seconds. And let's not forget the 991 is 4 years old and still its the best car in the world. The 991 has proven despite having much less hp and tq to put down much better track times. Heres the comparo below.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/p...vs-bmw_m4.html

The M4 LOSES on all tracks but 1. And the 911 wins by very good margin on almost its faster on. Even on Hockenheim which favors hp, the M4 loses by 2.5 seconds...thats a lifetime on a sub 1:15 lap. Go back to the drawing board becuase you are in denial. The Porsche with a worse power to weight is faster than the M4 on track by large margin. All reviews have said it too. Thats why even the base 911 with only 350 hp embarassed the M4 at Angelsey.

If you think speed is all about power, then you really are clueless. Its about how you put the power down. Thats why Porsches do so much more with much less. Look at the GT3, it is neck and neck on the track or better than the 650S and 458 Speciale despite having 125 hp and 175 hp less than both those cars.

Where were the i8 and m4 voted best driver's car?

Here's the Motortrend Best Driver's Car 2014

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...t_drivers_car/

The M4 was 5th out of 10 cars, and the i8 8th. The 911 turbo came in 3rd only behind two track day specials, and its Porsche most luxurious GT...that says a lot. And who won the two previous years? Oh yea, the 911S and 9114S. Get your facts straight and stop making up lies. The m4, i8 or anything BMW isnt in the same league by any stretch...not now, not ever.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...r-2014-verdict

There is Britain's Best Driver's car, the i8 and m4 were 8th and 9th place out of 12 cars. LOL

http://www.roadandtrack.com/features...ar-of-the-year

That one is R&T's Performance Car of the Year, in which the m4 and m235 didnt stand a chance. LOL

Anymore lies you want to make up? Again, nothing BMW is winning Best Driver's Car, best performance, or best anything.

If you want to talk about straight line speed, here is a BONE STOCK 911 turbo S with 530 hp that destroys a 750 hp stage 4 M6. Sorry but you lose again. How much more hp does the m6 need to keep up. Maybe if it had 1000 hp vs the Porsches 530 hp it would keep up. And on track, the 911 would embarass it worse.

I dont pariculatly care what a tuned turbo car does. I'd rather a faster car on a back road or a road course than just a sleigh that is exhilarating to drive and not a one trick pony.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 11-26-2014 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #104
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
You have just proven you know very little. The GT3 has 475 hp vs the 458 Speciales 600, and the 650S' 650 hp. So despite it being down a serious amount of hp it is right there in the track times with the 650S and the 458 will be beaten handily by the GT3 RS, and it wont need 600 hp to do so. And when the Porsche 960 comes out, its all over because the GT3 is right there now, the RS will beat them and the 960 will only be that much better.

I've seen the i8 in person, its attrocious looking.

I cant help but laugh. They just reviewed a 911 vs AMG GT S and the 911 was picked as the better car. Of course the AMG Boss will hype the car, but when reviews like the one done already continue, youll be eating a lot of crow as you are right now. 911s are simply the best out there bar none.

Porsche is as good if not better than Ferrari, simply put.

What videos have shown the M4 beating a 911. I provided you the only one they have had in direct comparison and the M4 got blown out of the water by an entry level 911. The M4 has lost every comparison to the 991S and best times I've seen the 991S was 0-100 mph in 8.4 seconds vs the m4 which was 8.8 seconds. And let's not forget the 991 is 4 years old and still its the best car in the world. The 991 has proven despite having much less hp and tq to put down much better track times. Heres the comparo below.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/p...vs-bmw_m4.html

The M4 LOSES on all tracks but 1. And the 911 wins by very good margin on almost its faster on. Even on Hockenheim which favors hp, the M4 loses by 2.5 seconds...thats a lifetime on a sub 1:15 lap. Go back to the drawing board becuase you are in denial. The Porsche with a worse power to weight is faster than the M4 on track by large margin. All reviews have said it too. Thats why even the base 911 with only 350 hp embarassed the M4 at Angelsey.

If you think speed is all about power, then you really are clueless. Its about how you put the power down. Thats why Porsches do so much more with much less. Look at the GT3, it is neck and neck on the track or better than the 650S and 458 Speciale despite having 125 hp and 175 hp less than both those cars.

Where were the i8 and m4 voted best driver's car?

Here's the Motortrend Best Driver's Car 2014

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...t_drivers_car/

The M4 was 5th out of 10 cars, and the i8 8th. The 911 turbo came in 3rd only behind two track day specials, and its Porsche most luxurious GT...that says a lot. And who won the two previous years? Oh yea, the 911S and 9114S. Get your facts straight and stop making up lies. The m4, i8 or anything BMW isnt in the same league by any stretch...not now, not ever.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...r-2014-verdict

There is Britain's Best Driver's car, the i8 and m4 were 8th and 9th place out of 12 cars. LOL

That one is R&T's Performance Car of the Year, in which the m4 and m235 didnt stand a chance. LOL

Anymore lies you want to make up? Again, nothing BMW is winning Best Driver's Car, best performance, or best anything.

If you want to talk about straight line speed, here is a BONE STOCK 911 turbo S with 530 hp that destroys a 750 hp stage 4 M6. Sorry but you lose again. How much more hp does the m6 need to keep up. Maybe if it had 1000 hp vs the Porsches 530 hp it would keep up. And on track, the 911 would embarass it worse.

I dont pariculatly care what a tuned turbo car does. I'd rather a faster car on a back road or a road course than just a sleigh that is exhilarating to drive and not a one trick pony.
You seem to have a lot of passion for Porsche but I Didn't read anything you said above after you first wrote a volkswagen can beat a ferrari.. so you wasted your time writing all that but enjoy this video of your Volkswagen Bettle

LMAO Ferrari > Porsche opps I mean volkswagen bettle

Last edited by YungDro; 11-26-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #105
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

LFA > World.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #106
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
LFA > World.
one of the best sounding V10s in the world
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #107
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You seem to have a lot of passion for Porsche but I Didn't read anything you said above after you first wrote a volkswagen can beat a ferrari.. so you wasted your time writing all that but enjoy this video of your Volkswagen Bettle

That your only comeback? Dude he owned you in every aspect of his post instead of you acting like a young immature child having a tantrum.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #108
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep

Quote:

LOL...again proving you have no clue.

Yes, thats why R&T picked the GT3 as the PERFORMANCE CAR OF THE YEAR over the 458 speciale.

Here in was Autocar's Best Drivers Car where the 997 GT3 was against the 458. GT3 won.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...st-drivers-car

Evo Car of the Year (mind you Porsche has won this 9 out of the 17 years its been going on - Ferrari has only won twice). GT3 was picked over the F12 here unanimously.

http://www.evomagazine.com.au/evo-car-of-the-year-2013/

997 turbo S vs 458 vs AM V12 vs R8 V10 - Turbo S won here too

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I could go on about how Porsche not only has dominated the racing world, but as Chris Harris has said, people get sick of Porsche winning compares even before they begin. They dominate them as much as they have racing.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #109
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Both great cars, but I'd do some naughty things for some seat time in that speciale...

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 11:00 AM   #110
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
LOL...again proving you have no clue.

Yes, thats why R&T picked the GT3 as the PERFORMANCE CAR OF THE YEAR over the 458 speciale.

Here in was Autocar's Best Drivers Car where the 997 GT3 was against the 458. GT3 won.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...st-drivers-car

Evo Car of the Year (mind you Porsche has won this 9 out of the 17 years its been going on - Ferrari has only won twice). GT3 was picked over the F12 here unanimously.

http://www.evomagazine.com.au/evo-car-of-the-year-2013/

997 turbo S vs 458 vs AM V12 vs R8 V10 - Turbo S won here too

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I could go on about how Porsche not only has dominated the racing world, but as Chris Harris has said, people get sick of Porsche winning compares even before they begin. They dominate them as much as they have racing.
I'm just joking with you lol relax now yes turbo S is a stupidly super fast car.

Last edited by YungDro; 11-27-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0