F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Bimmer Tech -Enhance Bluetooth/USB Activation
GetBMWParts

06-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
dnikfal
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335Xi 2013 M-Sport Auto

Bimmer Tech -Enhance Bluetooth/USB Activation

Hi

Just thought I write about my experience with BimetTech. I recently purchased a used 2013 335Xi Msport Estori Blue with Premium Package. The car had all the options I needed except Media Streaming over Bluetooth.

when I find out I was very upset. So I contacted BMW dealership to enable/purchase the option. I was willing to pay the 750$ option in Canada. But I was told it cannot be done and it had to be activated during manufacturing in the factory.

After some research I came across BimmerTech group. At first I was not sure to let someone remotely connect to my car and code it .. but I read their reviews and it seems their customers were happy. So I bit the bluet and purchased the Enhance Bluetooth/USB Activation.

My car didn't have the NBT Nav so I needed an E-Net Cable for codding. Three days after I purchased the product online, I received the E-Net cable by Courier with detailed instruction to download and install remote access to my Laptop. I messaged Nelson and made an arrangement for the coding. After that it took one of their Tech 15 mins to code my car and enable the Enhance Bluetooth. They even disabled the annoying BMW Legal Disclaimer. I couldn't be happier.

BMW should have had this option enabled for 60,000$ car... well it's BMW and it's long list of options ... If anyone in this forum has the same problem I had, here is there link:

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...usb-activation
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
charles.soori
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 x5m

wow 200$ to enable that. I'm sure some will do it for free.
Appreciate 0