F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > DTM Round 9: Circuit Park Zandvoort (09/28/2014)
ARMA SPEED

09-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

DTM Round 9: Circuit Park Zandvoort (09/28/2014)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Zandvoort (NL), 28th September 2014. In the first race since Marco Wittmann (DE) was crowned DTM Drivers’ champion, BMW Team RMG sealed the Team title in Zandvoort (NL). Team principal Stefan Reinhold’s (DE) outfit ended the penultimate race of the season with Wittmann in second place – his fifth podium of the year – and sixth place for Maxime Martin (BE, SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM). With 193 points to its name, BMW Team RMG now goes into the season finale in Hockenheim (DE) with an unassailable lead. Martin is also assured of the “Rookie of the Year” title, making him the successor to team-mate and new DTM champion Wittmann.

At the end of a turbulent 43-lap race at the “Circuit Park Zandvoort”, with four safety car periods, Wittmann brought the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM home 7.4 seconds behind winner Mattias Ekström (SE, Audi). Third place went to Martin Tomczyk (DE) in the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM. The BMW Team Schnitzer driver stepped onto the podium for the first time since the race at the Nürburgring in 2012.

The remaining BMW drivers missed out on the points. Bruno Spengler (CA) crossed the finish line eighth in the BMW Bank M4 DTM, but was handed a penalty for a collision shortly before the end of the race and has thus been classified in 17th place. Joey Hand (US) made a good start in the Crowne Plaza Hotels BMW M4 DTM, but was unable to hang on to a top-ten position. The American had to settle for 11th. BMW Team MTEK drivers Timo Glock (DE, DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM) and António Félix da Costa (PT, Red Bull BMW M4 DTM) came home 13th and 14th. Glock was unfortunate when his car remained stationary at the start of the installation lap and had to start the race from the very back of the grid.

The race was over after just 18 laps for last year’s winner Augusto Farfus (BR). His Castrol EDGE BMW M4 DTM was hit from behind by a rival and spun off into the barriers. Farfus was unhurt, but had to leave his car in the gravel bed.

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“That was an extremely eventful race. The many safety car periods made it difficult to keep track of what was going on at times. We were constantly having to change our strategy, and the last few laps came down to a sprint. We are obviously happy to have two drivers on the podium. Marco Wittmann and Martin Tomczyk produced great performances and kept cool heads at all times. I am particularly pleased for Martin. He earned his reward for all his hard work today. At the same time, he confirmed the continuous improvement in his performances in recent races, and ended his long wait for a podium. Maxime Martin also had a great race and has already earned the title of ‘Rookie of the Year’. We are also delighted for BMW Team RMG, who won the Team competition today with one race to go. Congratulations to Mattias Ekström and Audi on their win.”

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 8.31.41 AM.jpg
Views: 3925
Size:  192.9 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 8.31.50 AM.jpg
Views: 3819
Size:  222.1 KB

Name:  P90164718-highRes.jpg
Views: 3615
Size:  209.7 KB

Name:  P90164720-highRes.jpg
Views: 3629
Size:  208.8 KB

Name:  P90164741-highRes.jpg
Views: 3455
Size:  119.1 KB

Name:  P90164742-highRes.jpg
Views: 3594
Size:  213.1 KB

Name:  P90164745-highRes.jpg
Views: 3407
Size:  134.5 KB

Name:  P90164746-highRes.jpg
Views: 3411
Size:  197.7 KB

Name:  P90164750-highRes.jpg
Views: 3336
Size:  226.6 KB

Name:  P90164751-highRes.jpg
Views: 3343
Size:  170.5 KB

EARLIER POST:

Fasten your seatbelts for the penultimate round of the 2014 DTM season!

Broadcast: http://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/schedule/cbssn
and, as always, Youtube live streams ((outside the USA))...

Preview:
As the last weekend of September approaches, all eyes are set for the most spectacular finale of the month at Circuit Park Zandvoort. The sensational DTM hits the track at full speed and will bring some real touringcar thunder to Zandvoort.

Three-way battle in the Dunes
Since 2012, race fans met the 'new' DTM. The 2012-race at Zandvoort was more attractive, more exiting and more spectacular than ever before.

In 2013 the race was again full of action. In 2014 the DTM will return to Zandvoort once again. When BMW returned to the series in 2012 they directly won the title so Audi and Mercedes-Benz are looking for revenge. Especially after BMW also winning the race in Zandvoort in 2013.

The brave drivers aren't afraid to risk a bit of body contact as they jostle for position and the racing has never been this thrilling before. Over twenty brutal race cars will battle for victory in the Dutch dunes in Zandvoort.

SCHEDULE
Friday, 26 September 2014
15:30 - 16:00 hrs. DTM international press conference

Saturday, 27 September 2014

08:45 - 09:45 hrs. DTM free practice 1
10:00 - 10:20 hrs. Historic Monoposto Racing free practice
10:30 - 10:45 hrs. Event programme Stunt-Driver
11:05 - 12:05 hrs. DTM free practice 2
12:05 - 12:10 hrs. DTM practice starts
12:25 - 12:50 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group A demo 1
13:00 - 13:25 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group B demo 2
13:45 - 14:25 hrs. Event Programme pit walk/taxi rides
14:25 - 14:35 hrs. Event programme Stunt-Driver
14:45 - 15:35 hrs. DTM Qualifying
15:45 - 16:10 hrs. DTM international press conference
16:00 - 16:20 hrs. Historic Monoposto Racing Qualifying 1
16:30 - 16:55 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group A demo 3
17:05 - 17:30 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group B demo 4
17:45 - 18:05 hrs. Historic Monoposto Racing Qualifying 2

Sunday, 28 September 2014
09:00 - 09:20 hrs. Historic Monoposto Racing Race 1
09:35 - 10:05 hrs. DTM/Event-Programm Pitwalk/Pitstop Training
10:15 - 10:40 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group A Demo 5
10:50 - 11:15 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group B Demo 6
11:25 - 11:40 hrs. Event programme Stunt-Driver
11:45 - 11:55 hrs. Manufacturers Korsos
11:55 - 12:35 hrs. Event Programme pit walk/taxi rides
12:45 - 12:55 hrs. DTM information laps
13:00 - 13:15 hrs. DTM start grid presentation
13:30 hrs. DTM green light, start formation lap
13:33 hrs. DTM start race
14:43 hrs. DTM finish
approx. 14:55 hrs. DTM podium ceremony
15:00 - 15:10 hrs. Event programme Stunt-Driver
15:15 - 15:40 hrs. DTM international press conference
15:25 - 15:45 hrs. Historic Monoposto Racing race 2
16:00 - 16:25 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group A Demo 8
16:35 - 17:00 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort DHC Demo 7
17:10 - 17:35 hrs. Vintage Revival Zandvoort Group B Demo 9

Season Points so far (Top 10)
1. M. Wittmann 128
2. C. Vietoris 59
3. M. Ekström 56
4. E. Mortara 56
5. M. Rockenfeller 54
6. B. Spengler 42
7. P. Wehrlein 40
8. M. Martin 39
9. A. Farfus 39
10. R. Wickens 37

Last edited by 954Stealth; 09-27-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Press Release
BMW Corporate Communications
September 2014

In pursuit of points in Zandvoort: BMW out to defend its lead in the Team and Manufacturers’ Championships.

Marco Wittmann (DE) was crowned Drivers’ Champion at the Lausitzring (DE), but there are still two titles up for grabs when the DTM season enters the finishing straight in Zandvoort (NL) next weekend and reaches its conclusion in Hockenheim (DE) on 19th October.
The title race is in full swing in both the Manufacturers’ and the Team competitions. With this in mind, the BMW Motorsport teams and drivers have their sights set on scoring as many points as possible at the “Circuit Park Zandvoort”, in order to defend the leads currently held by BMW Team RMG and BMW. Stefan Reinhold’s (DE) team, which includes the new DTM champion in Wittmann, currently tops the Team standings with 167 points. In the Manufacturers’ Championship, BMW leads with 320 points.
Last season, the race in Zandvoort proved to be successful for BMW Motorsport. Wittmann, at the wheel of the Ice-Watch BMW M3 DTM, claimed the first pole position of his DTM career in qualifying. He then went on to clock the fastest lap during the race, setting a time of 1:32.296 minutes on his sixth lap of the 4.307-kilometre circuit in the Dutch sand dunes. The winner at the “Circuit Park” was fellow BMW driver Augusto Farfus (BR). He produced an outstanding display in front of 41,000 spectators to clinch the 50th win in the history of the DTM for the BMW M3.
Zandvoort is one of the BMW drivers’ favourite circuits. The reason for this is the characteristic of the circuit: the tricky hills, crests and bumps make a lap of the “Circuit Park” akin to a rollercoaster ride. The location, nestled in the dunes on the North Sea coast, is also unique. Zandvoort has stepped in to replace the race initially scheduled to take place in China, when the event originally planned for this weekend, in Guangzhou (CN), had to be cancelled.

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“We are still overjoyed at Marco Wittmann winning the Drivers’ title with races to spare at the Lausitzring. That was an incredible day, even looking back now. Marco was deservedly crowned the DTM champion. He and his team have been outstanding all season. We obviously celebrated at the circuit after the race on Sunday evening – but come the following morning we were already looking ahead to the remaining two races. The season is not over yet. There are still two titles up for grabs. At the moment we are leading both the Team competition with BMW Team RMG and the Manufacturers’ Championship. We want to take full advantage of this position and end the season still on top. That will be far from easy. Mercedes has made up ground and will field its new car for the first time, and Audi is hungry for its first win in 2014. We will have to give 100 per cent again in Zandvoort, just as we have done at all the previous races – and that is exactly what we are going to do in the Netherlands.”
Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM):
“Zandvoort is something of a home race for us, as the circuit is close to our team headquarters in Mechelen. A lot of friends and relatives will be there to support us. The track still has a very specific character, featuring some very fast and unique corners. And it is by the beach. There can be few better locations for a racetrack. It will also be interesting to see the effects of the DRS there this year, as in 2014 we didn’t use it.”

Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“We are looking forward to Zandvoort. It is a really interesting racetrack, which generally produces exciting races. The Dutch fans are very enthusiastic. Our team made its debut in Zandvoort back in the early 1970s, in the European Touring Car Championship, and has also appeared there in the FIA WTCC. We have mostly been competitive in the races so far in 2014. However, our main focus for Zandvoort is on improving our performance in qualifying. If, as in the previous race at the Lausitzring, we start way outside the top ten, we may have a chance of finishing in the points, but it is virtually impossible to challenge at the head of the field.”
Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK):
“The key for our team is to move on from the race at the Lausitzring as quickly as possible. We were very unlucky and lost both cars early on. Given the opportunity, we are hungry to finally finish in the points again at the coming race in Zandvoort. The last time we did that was in Spielberg, when Timo Glock finished third. However, we cannot afford to make any mistakes if we are to achieve this. We will do everything in our power to get back on track. Personally, it is obviously nice for me to race in my native Netherlands. We will certainly have a lot of friends and acquaintances there supporting us.”

Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG):
“Now that Marco Wittmann has won the Drivers’ title, our goal for the remaining two races of the season is clear: we want to win the Team competition with BMW Team RMG and to help ensure that BMW stays on top of the Manufacturers’ Championship. A lot of pressure obviously fell from the team’s shoulders with Marco’s success at the Lausitzring. Therefore, we are particularly looking forward to the final two races. We still have big plans for 2014.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 3, BMW Team RBM):
“I have always been very competitive in Zandvoort, and it is a lovely circuit. I think it is probably the best circuit of the whole season. I am looking forward to it. It is a big challenge for the drivers. It has very high speed corners and a blind corner. You always have a big crowd there. Sometimes it can be a bit difficult with the wind, as you might get a lot of sand on the track. It is a hard circuit on tyres, so tyre management is important. But I love the place, last year I won and am hopeful this year I can repeat that.”

Joey Hand (car number 4, BMW Team RBM):
“Zandvoort is one of the tracks I have had good pace at over the past two years. It is a fun track for me. Every year I say it is the closest I have seen to some of the old school American tracks, like the Virginia International Raceway or Watkins Glen. It puts a lot of things from a lot of American tracks into one circuit. It has a lot of great and a lot of fast corners. It seemed to suit me well, so I am excited about going back. I am hopeful to finish this year off strongly, and Zandvoort and Hockenheim are two really good tracks for me.”

Bruno Spengler (car number 9, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“I like Zandvoort. It is a nice track, even though it is a bit of an old fashioned one. It is fun to have the Dutch fans coming to the track. What I also like is the track lay-out, which is very challenging and very demanding on the car and the driver. Also being close to the beach is something nice and different from what we are used to.”

Martin Tomczyk (car number 10, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“I am looking forward to Zandvoort. Over all the years it has been a great event. A lot of spectators, great fans, and the racetrack is awesome. Sure it is not the newest race track and we struggle there with the sand and the kerbs, but nevertheless it is a great circuit.”

Timo Glock (car number 17, BMW Team MTEK):
“We are looking forward to being back in Zandvoort. In the past it has been a great place for all the drivers and very challenging for a DTM car. It is great for our team principal Ernest Knoors and BMW Team MTEK to have sort of a home race again. I am looking forward to it and hope we can get a good result for the team.”

António Félix da Costa (car number 18, BMW Team MTEK):
“Zandvoort is a very interesting track. I won there in Formula 3 and in Formula Renault so it is a track I know pretty well. However, it is a while since I have been there, but I am looking forward to driving there in the Red Bull BMW M4 DTM. There are some really nice high speed corners, which I particularly enjoy. As it is very close to the beach, there is often a lot of sand on the track – particularly in the morning. We must watch out for that.”

Marco Wittmann (car number 23, BMW Team RMG):
“As you would expect, I obviously celebrated winning the Drivers’ title. After all, it was the biggest day of my motorsport career so far. I can still remember crossing the line at the Lausitzring and the celebrations that followed. I will never forget these moments. However, we still have some major goals to achieve with BMW and my team. With a little luck we could wrap up the Team Championship in Zandvoort. Hopefully we will also score enough points to ensure that BMW travels to the final race in Hockenheim leading the Manufacturers’ Championship. I will do my best again.”

Maxime Martin (car number 24, BMW Team RMG):
“It is a really interesting and high-speed track, but difficult as you cannot afford to make any mistakes. It will be new for me in the DTM. I know if from GT, as I contested one race there, but the DTM car is completely different, so it will practically be a new circuit to me. I am looking forward to it. It is really old style and, as I said, you cannot make any mistakes otherwise you can have big moments. That is the kind of track I like, but driving there in the DTM car I don’t know what to expect.”

Statistics ahead of the race at Zandvoort.
Circuit / Date: Circuit Park Zandvoort, 28th September 2014
Laps / Distance: 44 laps, 4.307 km
2013 Pole Time: Marco Wittmann (DE), 1:30,894 minutes
2013 Winner: Augusto Farfus (BR)
2013 Fastest Lap: Marco Wittmann (DE), 1:32,296 minutes

DTM standings after 8 of 10 races.
Drivers’ Championship.
1. Marco Wittmann (128 points), 2. Christian Vietoris (59), 3. Mattias Ekström (56), 4. Edoardo Mortara (56), 5. Mike Rockenfeller (54), 6. Bruno Spengler (42), 7. Pascal Wehrlein (40), 8. Maxime Martin (39), 9. Augusto Farfus (39), 10. Robert Wickens (35), 11. Adrien Tambay (36), 12. Timo Scheider (34), 13. Timo Glock (33), 14. Miguel Molina (28), 15. Jamie Green (28), 16. Martin Tomczyk (28), 17. Paul di Resta (17), 18. Daniel Juncadella (22), 19. Nico Müller (10), 20. Joey Hand (7), 21. António Félix da Costa (4), 22. Gary Paffett (4).

Team Championship.
1. BMW Team RMG (167 points), 2. Audi Sport Team Abt (92), 3. Audi Sport Team Phoenix (88), 4. Audi Sport Team Abt Sportline (84), 5. Original-Teile Mercedes AMG (83), 6. BMW Team Schnitzer (70), 7. BMW Team RBM (46), 8. EURONICS / FREE MAN'S WORLD Mercedes AMG (41), 9. gooix Mercedes AMG (40), 10. Audi Sport Team Rosberg (38), 11. BMW Team MTEK (37), 12. Petronas Mercedes AMG (22).

Manufacturers’ Championship.
1. BMW (320 points), 2. Audi (302), 3. Mercedes-Benz (186).

2014 calendar.
4th May – Hockenheim (DE), 18th May – Oschersleben (DE), 1st June – Budapest (HU), 29th June – Norisring (DE), 13th July – Moscow (RU), 3rd August – Spielberg (AT), 17th August – Nürburgring (DE), 14th September – Lausitzring (DE), 28th September – Zandvoort (NL), 19th October – Hockenheim (DE).

BMW Motorsport media schedule.
Saturday, 27th September
17:15-17:45

Round table interview with BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt
BMW Motorsport Hospitality
17:45-18:30

Interviews with the BMW DTM drivers
Sunday, 28th September
17:30-18:00
Interviews with the BMW DTM drivers

The BMW Motorsport Media Team is happy to help you with any individual interview requests. Please send your requests in advance to one of the following contact partners.
Jörg Kottmeier
D-80788 Munich
Telephone: +49 89 38223401
Mobile: +49 170 5666112
E-mail: joerg.kottmeier@bmw.de
Ingo Lehbrink
Telephone: +49 89 38276003
Mobile: +49 176 20340224
E-mail: ingo.lehbrink@bmw.de
Florian Haasper
Telephone: +49 89 452350911
Mobile: +49 177 5637923
E-mail: haasper@bs-plus.de

FARFUS CROSSING THE LINE FOR THE WIN LAST YEAR:

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

"Mercedes-Benz will compete in the Zandvoort round of the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters with a new C-Coupé for one of its drivers, although exactly who will get their hands on the new car has not yet been decided.

Mercedes were granted a homologation exception in June by series organisers ITR, and have spent the past few months preparing their new car. The marque have struggled with the aerodynamics of their C-Coupé throughout the 2014 season, although they have still managed to take three wins in changeable conditions this season"
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

/// A special livery for the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM of the 2014 champion in Zandvoort ///

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Maxime was screwing around during the press event today

http://instagram.com/p/tZ2lr5lb19/
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Maxime was screwing around during the press event today

http://instagram.com/p/tZ2lr5lb19/
No one said anything, but I know someone is wondering what the heck is going on there. Well, here you go:

Adrenalin kick on water.

Flyboard instead of BMW M4 DTM, lift instead of grip: the ninth DTM weekend of the season in Zandvoort (NL) did not begin at the racetrack for the BMW DTM drivers, but at a nearby lake.

(BMW-Motorsport September 26 2014)

Here, the drivers were given the opportunity to try out the latest trend of flyboarding. Under professional guidance, Augusto Farfus, Joey Hand, Bruno Spengler, Martin Tomczyk, Timo Glock, António Félix da Costa and Maxime Martin all completed a flyboard training course. The only man missing was DTM champion Marco Wittmann, who was appearing on the TV show ‘ARD Morgenmagazin’ in Cologne at the same time.

With enough experience, it is possible to perform spectacular tricks both in and high above the water on this unique piece of sporting equipment, which looks similar to a snowboard but is powered by two water nozzles. The Dutch crew at flyboardteam.com, led by instructor Roy, gave the BMW DTM drivers an exclusive insight into their sport and, for a few minutes, literally lifted them off their feet.
Tomczyk was one of the drivers who embarked on this extraordinary watersport adventure. As he already had experience of flyboarding, he was able to impress his colleagues with some spectacular tricks and give them a taste of what they could expect during the new challenge that awaited them.

After the action on the water, the drivers continued on to the “Circuit Park Zandvoort”, where BMW Motorsport will look to defend its position at the top of the overall standings in both the Team and Manufacturers’ competitions this weekend, having already won the DTM Drivers’ Championship with Wittmann.

Quotes from the drivers after the flyboarding event:

Martin Tomczyk:
“This new sport is awesome, and incredible fun. I had the opportunity to learn the basics with the flyboard on my last holiday. Once you’ve had a bit of practice you can hover over the water and perform a few tricks. As my colleagues demonstrated, with a bit of balance and flexibility it does not actually take too long to be able to stay up on the flyboard, meaning even beginners can taste success and have a lot of fun.”

Maxime Martin:
“It looked so easy when Martin was the first one onto the water. However, when it was my turn, I noticed that you do actually need a bit of practice to be able to keep your balance above the water on the flyboard. After a few attempts I got the hang of it, and it was great fun. I think I will keep at it and hopefully have a few tricks up my sleeve soon.”

Augusto Farfus:
“That was an interesting experience. We all found our feet on the flyboard quite quickly. You could tell that we are professional athletes who are able to cope well with this kind of test of coordination. We even had an experienced flyboarder among us, in Martin. I really enjoyed the activity.”

António Félix da Costa:
“I had seen a few videos of flyboarding beforehand, and was really looking forward to trying it myself. It looks easier than it is, but it is a challenge – and we racing drivers love challenges. I will definitely try it again as soon as I get the chance.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 09-26-2014 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

DTM qualifying in Zandvoort: Martin Tomczyk and Wittmann make it to Q3 and fight for Pole Position.

AT 4 minutes left:

Pos. Driver Gap

Marco Wittmann
BMW Team RMG
1:30.739

Edoardo Mortara
Audi Sport Team Abt
+0.018

Mattias Ekström
Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline
+0.130

Martin Tomczyk
BMW Team Schnitzer
+01.165

Pascal Wehrlein
Mücke Motorsport
+01.199

Jamie Green
Audi Sport Team Rosberg
+01.214

Nico Müller
Audi Sport Team Rosberg
+01.669
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Qualifying in Zandvoort is over: Rockenfeller setting the pole for tomorrow with 1:30.719, behind him Wittmann and Mortara
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Last edited by 954Stealth; 09-27-2014 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #13
N55Jamaican
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90 LCI

Not gonna miss this.....DTM going to be sweeeaaattt
      09-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Due to a stewards’ decision Martin Tomczyk and Joey Hand will start the race from P7 and P8 instead of P8 and P9

@Totalelectronics yes it will!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The reactions after the qualifying in Zandvoort.
DTM champion Marco Wittmann will start the race in Zandvoort from the front row in his Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM. Martin Tomczyk and Joey Hand also had reason to be satisfied. Read here what BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt and the eight drivers had to say after the qualifying.

(Sept 27, 2014 by BMW Motorsport)

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director)
:
“We have witnessed another very impressive qualifying from Marco Wittmann, who missed out on pole position by the blink of an eye. He did an absolutely fantastic job once again. After all, he still has a heavier car than the opposition. That makes his performance all the more impressive. Martin Tomczyk and Joey Hand also enjoyed a good qualifying. Apart from that, we were unfortunately unable to get the maximum out of the remaining cars. There are differing reasons for that. The key now is to make the most of this situation with a good strategy in tomorrow’s race.”

Marco Wittmann (car number 23, BMW Team RMG, 2nd):
“I can be really happy with second place. We still had a few problems here and there in free practice. However, we were able to solve these and now start from the front row. That is great, particularly when you consider that we are carrying extra weight compared to the other cars. I came into the pits quite early in Q3. Tyre degradation is really bad here in Zandvoort, so the tyres only work well for the first one or two laps before they start to wear. You cannot clock a quick lap time then. That was the case with me, and why we came into the pits and watched to see what on to see what unfolded. Tomorrow’s race will definitely not be easy, but we do start from a good position.”

Martin Tomczyk (car number 10, BMW Team Schnitzer, 8th):
“I am very happy with eighth place in qualifying today. I did not have a fresh set of tyres in the third qualifying session. As I had old tyres on the car, I was well aware that I could not hope for any more. After a number of difficult qualifyings recently, it was important for me to get back into Q3 again. That was my goal for today, and we did it. I did not really see it coming. That is also the reason for me not having a new set of tyres left in the final session of qualifying. I always enjoy coming to Zandvoort. It will be an interesting race tomorrow.”

Joey Hand (car number 4, BMW Team RBM, 9th):
“It is a real shame that I missed out on Q3 by just six hundredths of a second. However, I was still able to show that I feel very comfortable on this track. Having said that, it didn’t look great in practice. I now hope that my car will run that little bit better in the race, and that I can finish in the points.”

Timo Glock (car number 17, BMW Team MTEK, 14th):
“I could have gone quicker today. The car was okay and we were fast in free practice. However, everyone else then seemed to get quicker in qualifying, while we stayed where we were. That is hard to understand, and is obviously a shame, as the car felt good. However, the lap times were not what they should have been.”

Bruno Spengler (car number 9, BMW Team Schnitzer, 15th):
“I am obviously not happy with the performance in qualifying. We did not manage to find the right balance for the car. That has been a bit of an on-going story throughout the entire season. We will have to keep looking for the causes. One thing is clear: the BMW M4 DTM has the potential to be on pole. Unfortunately my team and I are not finding the right set-up. The only thing that remains for me is to push really hard tomorrow and attack the field from behind in order to finish in the points. For that to happen, however, I will have to hope for a bit of luck in the race.”

Maxime Martin (car number 24, BMW Team RMG, 17th):
“P17 is definitely not the grid position we were after. We had a few minor problems with the car and were simply not able to get the most out of it. We must now take a close look at what happened in qualifying and do as well as possible from this position in the race.”

António Félix da Costa (car number 18, BMW Team MTEK, 19th):
“We struggled in the free practices and knew that it was going to be difficult. We are just not getting the set-up of the car 100 per cent how I need it. Generally speaking, the circuit is great fun, even though I have not been able to mix it at the front of the field yet.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 3, BMW Team RBM, 20th):
“I don’t know exactly why things are not running as well this year in Zandvoort as they did last year. I won here and proved that I am generally strong at this circuit. Looking ahead to the race, we must now determine what is going wrong this time.”
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #17
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Team RBM just gave Mr. America, Joey Hand, a pair of clogs (they are in the Netherlands). I wonder if those will be worn during the race lol

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #18
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Team RBM just gave Mr. America, Joey Hand, a pair of clogs (they are in the Netherlands). I wonder if those will be worn during the race lol

Good news from Wittman !
BTW...Clogs are for tractors ,DTM pedals are to small
Thanks for sharing my friend , and with exellent comments and pics as always .
But need to say I miss some pics of the pitbabes...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Good news from Wittman !
BTW...Clogs are for tractors ,DTM pedals are to small
Thanks for sharing my friend , and with exellent comments and pics as always .
But need to say I miss some pics of the pitbabes...
LOL I'll see what I can do for the grid girls
In mean time, enjoy these photos of the quali and practice

Last edited by 954Stealth; 09-27-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #21
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #22
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Lots of great pics, love the pit crew with their white masks. BMW doing well.