F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW F20 (2015) Front PDC Retrofit HELP!
proTUNING Freaks

01-05-2024, 04:31 PM   #1
lu_picciotto
Rep
Drives: 2015 118d (F20)

BMW F20 (2015) Front PDC Retrofit HELP!

Hi all,

i'll try and keep this short. Long time thread reader, first time poster.

My friend and I purchased a retrofit kit each for the Front PDC sensors, it included everything we needed. Needless to say we both already had PDC Sensor on the back. We installed it on his car (F30) and coded it using E-Sys without any problems.

I then proceeded to instal it in my 2015 F20 (LCI). The instal when well. Followed all the instruction, no problem there.

Coding is another story. As per the instructions, I read my FA, saved, edited it and deleted 507 and added 508 to the FA. In the coding section, I had to code 3 ECU's. I’ll just mention that I am using E-Sys 3.30.1 with PSdZData Lite v4.39.30. The instructions I have tell me the first ECU is the HU_NBT[63] but mine doesn't have this, instead it has a HU_ENTRYNAV [63] which I believe (in a sense) is the essentially same thing.
So to recap, i had 3 ECU's to code: The HU_ENTRYNAV [63], ICM [1c] and REM [72].
The first 2 ([63] & [1c]) coded without any problems. When I tried to code the REM[72] it gave me this error:
"REM [72] cd Deploy FinishedWithError cafd_000007a1-005_044_016 NotExecutable"
It did however change the graphics on the car's screen, when I would put it into reverse or press the new PDC button (located near the gear lever) it would show the radar on the front of the car too (originally it was only the rear) but it would not turn green/orange/red when i would drive close to anything.

I contacted ShawnSheridan from the Forum (shout out to Shawn who was more than patient and answered a bunch of questions) and with his guidance we were able to figure out that all 3 ECU's were able to be coded successfully using the original 507 but the REM failed every time when trying to use 508. Hence he determined (as I have absolutely minimal to no knowledge about coding) that (and I quote) "508 is not compatible with your REM. Why I have no idea. May have to figure out the underlying FDL Codes associated with 508 and then try and FDL Code the sensors'

When I asked how to "figure out the underlying FDL Codes associated with 508 and then try and FDL Code the sensors" he rightly suggested using BimmerUtility which I do not have.

All I have the E-Sys & PSdZData versions mentioned above and BimmerCode (with a bluetooth adapter that connects to the car). Even if I were to purchase BimmerUtility (which I kinda want to avoid) I wouldn't have the faintest idea on how to "figure out the underlying FDL Codes associated with 508 and then try and FDL Code the sensors".

Has anyone had this issue before and resolved it? Or does anybody know how to resolve it? Or does anyone know how to "figure out the underlying FDL Codes associated with 508 and then try and FDL Code the sensors" as Shawn suggested? Or even already figured them out?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 10:42 PM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Using the modified fa calculate svt target. Check the HWEL of REM if its balck or red and blue. If its red and blue it means the unit is not compatible. You will have to replace it.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2024, 05:16 AM   #3
lu_picciotto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
Using the modified fa calculate svt target. Check the HWEL of REM if its balck or red and blue. If its red and blue it means the unit is not compatible. You will have to replace it.
Thanks for your reply

I actually didn't need to check the REM because I have been able to resolved the problem and the front pdc has been coded SUCCESSFULLY!!

The problem was the PsdZData. I was running V4.39.30. This needed to be updated. Long story why I wasn't running a newer one but I do recall Shawn (once again, shout out to him!! ) had kindly sent me the updated version a few weeks ago. So all I did was replace the 4.39.30 with the newer one V4.45.10 and it worked straight away!!!

Thanks again for all your reply
Really appreciate it!

Let this be a lesson to all amateurs like me, make sure you check what version you are running of things as sometimes the biggest problem has the simplest solution.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 05:33 AM   #4
lu_picciotto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
I forgot to mention, whilst I was recoding with the new psdzdata I did have a look at the HWEL of the REM and the little dot was black so it wasn't the unit

Cheers again
Appreciate 0