E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > NEED ELECTRICAL HELP : battery fire e92

05-02-2024, 08:31 PM   #1
Jlively
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i ‘07

NEED ELECTRICAL HELP : battery fire e92

WHOEVER FINDS THE ISSUE I WILL SEND $200

ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS NEED HELP:
I have a 2007 BMW 335 I. I was driving it one day and I parked it. I went back out to the car after I was parked in the garage open the door and the interior was flooded with smoke. I popped the trunk. The battery was on fire. I put the battery out, but it had burnt a decent amount of wires . I replaced the battery replace the distribution box replaced the box that sits on the positive terminal on the battery. The car drove for a while, but then stopped and completely had no power. I had a harness cut out from the junkyard vehicle and spliced in every single wire that had been burned or damaged. absolutely zero wires have any damage on them. new battery new distribution boxes new box that sits on the positive battery terminal is new. I just checked every fuse in the glove compartment only two were bad, but they are for the locking mechanism for the car, I checked all the relays nothing is wrong with those either. I pop the hood and check the box in there. The two fuses were good. I didn’t see any relays to test. Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this? I checked the power fuse on the distribution box on the battery, and it reads the same voltage as the battery itself. Key is stuck in the ignition. please any help is appreciated! I tried jumping vehicle still no power.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jlively; 05-02-2024 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 09:51 PM   #2
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Interesting. Did you jump started the xar using the positive post in the front hood correct? Double check the distribution box again make sure is not blocking power to the car? These distribution boxes can kill power to the car for safety purposes when car has been in an accident or something.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 04:42 AM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

1. if you got the battery distribution module from car which was in accident, then their positive clamp contact airbag is activated and clamp is disonnected from cable
i'm attaching the picture with airbag marked

2. the second issue may be with positive wires going from battery thry battery basket wall outside to the engine compartment
although they are covered by arch cover outside, the water and humidity also slowly corrode outside clamps fixed by nut, and the connection become loose, the bolt began to heat and later either the clamp may broke outside or fire can start if temperature become very high
Attached Images