F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Niner Football!!!
ARMA SPEED

11-22-2014, 11:42 PM   #111
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Is it me or is Kap determined to throw it to Crabtree whenever its most critical or they are in the redone. You think he has him on his fantasy team?

Get it to Bolden and Stevie Johnson in the red zone (if passing).
What about Vernon Davis?

Seems like he's been lost in the shuffle... He had a better rapport with Alex.
      11-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #112
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
What about Vernon Davis?

Seems like he's been lost in the shuffle... He had a better rapport with Alex.
Normally I would include Vernon, but three things made me leave him off my post.
1- Since his initial back injury this year, he doesn't seem "right".

2- Kap throws a very hard straight ball that is difficult to catch from a short distance. Davis has never been a natural hands catcher.

3- Davis is not really the tall block out type of tight end (think Graham and Gates) and is less effective in red zone.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 03:36 AM   #113
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
The Niners made the Redskins look like a much better team that they are and kept the Redskins in the game by making 3 TOs (2 fumbles and an INT) BUT were still able to squeak out another ugly win to stay in the running as the 8th seed for a wild card berth at 7-4.

The Niners looked good in their 1st possession scoring a TD early in the 1st quarter but then only managed a FG to go up 10-7 at the very end of the 1st 1/2. The Redskins' mediocre offense was able to score 2 FGs in the 2nd 1/2 to go up 13-10 w/7 1/2 mins left in the game. The Niners HAD to score a TD to win in the final drive and although it required a 4th & 1 conversion and a 15 yard penalty to do it, they were able to score a TD w/3 mins left to go ahead 17-13. The defense did its job by making the Skins go 4 and out with 1:52 left on the clock. All the Niners' offense had to do was get a 1st down on 3 plays to close out the game BUT they were unable to do that. So, the Skins got the ball again w/1:27 left to play and the defense had to come back on the field to save the day again.

NOT pretty but, as they say, a win is a win. However, this sets up a MUST WIN game against the Seahawks at home on TG. Both the Niners and Hawks are 7-4 but the Hawks are the 6th seed over the Niners at 8th because of a better divisional record at 1-1 vs the Niners at 1-2. The Niners would be the 6th seed if they had not fumbled the ball at the goal line to lose to the Rams 10-13 in the their last meeting. A Niners win over the Hawks on TG will move them into 2nd place in the division at 8-4 over the Hawks 7-5 and, depending on how the Lions (who are currently the 7th seed) do this week, will move them into the 6th or 7th seed position in the NFC playoffs.

So, despite how bad the Niners have looked this year they actually still have a chance to make the playoffs.

However, in order to do it they'll have to beat the Hawks on TG at home OR beat them in Seattle 2 weeks later, where they haven't been able to win in a LONG time. If they lose 2 to the Hawks, it's pretty much all over BUT, if they spit w/the Hawks and are able to beat the Raiders and Chargers in the interim, they'll be 10-5 thru week 15 and then will probably be faced w/another MUST WIN game in the final week against Arizona in order to have any chance to make into the playoffs with a 11-5 record, because it doesn't look right now like 10-6 will be enough secure them a playoff spot.

Let's hope that they have what it takes to do it. GO NINERS!

Last edited by SSW; 11-24-2014 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #114
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

All I know is I better see some magic from this team on Thursday.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #115
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Hawks were rolling on the Arizona yesterday. The Cardinals great defense kept it from being a complete blowout, but even then Seattle could have scored another but chose to kneel with a 1st down on the 2.

However, I gotta say that I think Santa Clara has the psychological advantage for Thurs. match up. Forget the rivalry, Just look at the way it ended the last time these two teams met. I think they have more to prove and struggled with the 'Skins because they were looking past them to the Hawks.

I hope I'm wrong but, either way, it's certainly going to be good!

Go Hawks!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #116
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'm glad this is the night game and I will have already eaten. No distractions and if all goes well, I'll be enjoying a victory with dessert and second wind dinner/leftovers.

At least its a night game for me (east coaster).

I can't decide which will be funnier if the niners win. Pete Carroll's lemon sour face or Marshawn Lynch's post game presser.

Last edited by OneRib; 11-27-2014 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #117
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
Hawks were rolling on the Arizona yesterday. The Cardinals great defense kept it from being a complete blowout, but even then Seattle could have scored another but chose to kneel with a 1st down on the 2.

However, I gotta say that I think Santa Clara has the psychological advantage for Thurs. match up. Forget the rivalry, Just look at the way it ended the last time these two teams met. I think they have more to prove and struggled with the 'Skins because they were looking past them to the Hawks.

I hope I'm wrong but, either way, it's certainly going to be good!

Go Hawks!
Quote:
I'm glad this is the night game and I will have already eaten. No distractions and if all goes well, I'll be enjoying a victory with dessert and second wind dinner/leftovers.

I can't decide which will be funnier if the miners win. Pete Carroll's lemon sour face or Marshawn Lynch's post game presser.

so pumped to be at the game, my family is celebrating thanksgiving one day early hahaha

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 05:59 AM   #118
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

I can't decide which will be funnier if the miners win. Pete Carroll's lemon sour face or Marshawn Lynch's post game presser.

I can't wait for the game. We are having dinner early at cap grille just so i can be back home in time for the game.

I think seattle edges it out 21-14. Just because i think Levi stadium is bad luck.

Lynch trolling the media this week had me on the floor. I can't wait for part 2.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #119
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
so pumped to be at the game, my family is celebrating thanksgiving one day early hahaha

any price spike for the tickets? if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #120
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
any price spike for the tickets? if you don't mind me asking?
Well since we're season tix holders 4 games this season were priced higher. Seattle, Chicago, Kansas city, and arizona. All the others were cheaper. However this game is going for 2-3x face value easily. If I wanted to sell all 4 of my tickets to this game it would cover my entire season ticket cost haha

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #121
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

solid first half. offense has looked better, defense definitely playing better...

let's keep our foot on em.

go hawks
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #122
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I can't decide which will be funnier if the niners win. Pete Carroll's lemon sour face or Marshawn Lynch's post game presser.
Ugh, what a terrible display. Kaepernick looked completely out of sink. Receivers without the quickness or speed to separate.

Looking like a 10-6 or 9-7 record this year.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #123
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Well, the Seahawks just revealed tonight just how weak SF is offensively and just about nailed the coffin shut on the Niners' chances of making the playoffs this year -- not that getting into the playoffs would do them any good.

Kap couldn't find a receiver to save his life. He consistently overthrew his receivers and, in fact, threw 2 INTs directly to Sherman as though HE was the intended receiver. Kap was 16 of 29 for 121 yards, which sounds better than he actually did because 4 of those receptions and 31 of those yards were completed in the final meaningless possession w/only 1:43 left in the game. The Niners had a total of net offense of ONLY 164 yards: 100 passing and 64 running. Kap was also sacked 4 times for a negative 21 yards and had a quarterback rating of 36.7.

On the other hand, the Seahawks had a total of 379 yards of offense: 222 passing and 157 rushing. Marshawn Lynch had 104 yards rushing, which was more yards than the Niners offense made passing and more yards than Gore (28), Hyde (19) and Kap (17) rushed for combined.

The Niners defense did a pretty good job of holding the Hawks to only 1 TD and a had a couple of nice 4 down stops BUT they had to concede 4 FGs largely because they could do almost nothing to stop Lynch from running and Wilson from passing far enough to get w/in FG range. It was amazing how slippery Wilson was and it was almost comical watching the Niners try to tackle him on broken plays in the backfield. Credit to Wilson for that. He was clearly the better QB today.

There are only 4 games left in the season. The Niners at 7-5 will need to win the last 4 games to have any chance to make the playoffs but they have to play the Hawks and Cards in 2 of those games. Given how they played tonight, they have very little chance to beat the Hawks at home. They'll probably beat the Raiders but it's a toss up as far as the Cards (who lost Palmer) and the Chargers are concerned. So, the best the Niners can expect to end up is probably 10-6 which probably will NOT be enough cinch a wildcard slot this year and if they go to 9-7 or 8-8 (which is more likely), they'll have no chance at all.

Hope I'm wrong but, at this point, the odds are definitely against the Niners to make it to the playoffs this year. Oh well . . .

Last edited by SSW; 11-28-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2014, 02:36 AM   #124
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

49ers played like shit in that game. What was supposed to be the best game of the season left many people disappointed. Thank goodness I didn't have to go there and watch them lose. It's going to be difficult for them to make the playoffs from here on out.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #125
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
49ers played like shit in that game. What was supposed to be the best game of the season left many people disappointed. Thank goodness I didn't have to go there and watch them lose. It's going to be difficult for them to make the playoffs from here on out.

I don't think it was so much you guys playing like shit, although this definitely was not your best showing. I think my Hawks played almost flawless defensively, with their speed. Something only seen last night and against AZ. And as you know, Colin does not ever play well against us. Our offense is still in issue, as far as scoring TD's. So there is still work to be done.

And no offense, but the niners have been getting very lucky with W's this season. Saints gave you guys one, and in the giants game where you guys forced 4-5 turnovers and only won by 10 or something? You, as well as us have both taken a step back from last season. That is the truth.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #126
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
I don't think it was so much you guys playing like shit, although this definitely was not your best showing. I think my Hawks played almost flawless defensively, with their speed. Something only seen last night and against AZ. And as you know, Colin does not ever play well against us. Our offense is still in issue, as far as scoring TD's. So there is still work to be done.
Minus the comment concerning Colin's play ability vs. the Hawks ('cause despite the loss, the NFC Championship last year showed he can play against Seattle and the offense can score TD's vs. the Seahawks) This is exactly the game I saw. So, otherwise, accurate assessment.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #127
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Minus the comment concerning Colin's play ability vs. the Hawks ('cause despite the loss, the NFC Championship last year showed he can play against Seattle and the offense can score TD's vs. the Seahawks) This is exactly the game I saw. So, otherwise, accurate assessment.

idk man, sherman sure has a sweet spot for picks against colin. llol

oh well, see you in two weeks! big game coming up again for us next weekend
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #128
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
idk man, sherman sure has a sweet spot for picks against colin. llol

oh well, see you in two weeks! big game coming up again for us next weekend
I think Sherman is less the issue and Colin's accuracy more the problem. The first pick he threw wasn't anything special, it was a badly thrown ball. The biggest difference in the game is at quarterback Wilson threw with more accuracy and is more elusive in the pocket. Kaepernick was erratic and not quick in small spaces. He is a long strider.

Neither qb is about throwing precise timing routes from the pocket. Also the 49ers don't get enough explosive plays. Some of it is QB play, some scheme, and some is lack of deep speed.

Either way Seattle played better, but having watched this niner team for years, they played poorly.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 11:33 PM   #129
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think Sherman is less the issue and Colin's accuracy more the problem. The first pick he threw wasn't anything special, it was a badly thrown ball. The biggest difference in the game is at quarterback Wilson threw with more accuracy and is more elusive in the pocket. Kaepernick was erratic and not quick in small spaces. He is a long strider.

Neither qb is about throwing precise timing routes from the pocket. Also the 49ers don't get enough explosive plays. Some of it is QB play, some scheme, and some is lack of deep speed.

Either way Seattle played better, but having watched this niner team for years, they played poorly.

yup, you and us both. Although i think you guys don't have an excuse which so much talent on the offensive side. Colin and coach are under the hot seat until this season is over...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #130
swhat
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 MW E92

GG
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #131
marksae
First Lieutenant
Rep