F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

02-16-2024, 08:55 AM   #12871
LOLMEE
Rep
Drives: E82

So got a road top mmi box super cheap less than 200€ wich was better price that andream and its the same thing ( Used code: DISCOUNTWEEK ) for my 135i where can i get the updates for the mmi box from?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 10:24 AM   #12872
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLMEE View Post
So got a road top mmi box super cheap less than 200€ wich was better price that andream and its the same thing ( Used code: DISCOUNTWEEK ) for my 135i where can i get the updates for the mmi box from?
If it’s a new box, it should already be coming with the latest firmware. But you should contact the seller for any updates. I wouldn’t update it just for the sake of updating it.
      02-16-2024, 11:17 AM   #12873
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 (12/2018)

I use on RoadTop EVO ID6 box (Cust ER176 with MCU 23.4.13.117) with the option for full bluetooth (phone and sound), but the navigation sound from apple maps, google maps and sygic are to silent. It seems, the full audio stream (music and navigation) is covered by bluetooth and the sound settings on the mmi does not take care (only on aux.) The music volume goes a litte bit down during the navigation command, but it´s to silent.

Any idea to fix ?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 12:42 PM   #12874
Nicky1982
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Hi everybody,

I’m curious about the AUX cable if I put an MMI CarPlay box or a CarPlay touchscreen to an F30 CIC.

Is it necessary to insert the AUX cable from the box/touchscreen to the AUX-IN in the center armrest? Can I go without any AUX cable?

Thanks

Nicky
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 04:30 PM   #12875
Tmae
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Was the issue with the low siri voice when using BT instead of AUX already fixed meanwhile?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 06:21 PM   #12876
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmae View Post
Was the issue with the low siri voice when using BT instead of AUX already fixed meanwhile?
Did you adjust the audio levels in the MMI menu? Each audio output can be separately adjusted.
      02-18-2024, 01:19 AM   #12877
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Did you adjust the audio levels in the MMI menu? Each audio output can be separately adjusted.
As far as i know, the audio seetings for volume currently only working for Aux not for bluetooth connection. Please correct me, if i am wrong. Siri should be ok if you use the command "hey siri" (iphone micro is used / increase without connection to the car the volume on the iphone during siri conversation) . If the button on the wheel or the idrive is used, siri is low volume.

Have the same issue with some navigation apps, commands are very silent and no idea to fix. Music is playing and will be quieter but the navigation sound is on the same quite level as the music.
Using RoadTop mmi Evo ID6 with ER176 and MCU 23.4.13.117
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 05:18 AM   #12878
Cavia
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas46 View Post
Reviving an old comment

the second MEGA link is dead

Also was it stuttering before the update? Is it more responsive?
Hello, the second MEGA link is irrelevant. The file was posted on this board already multiple times. You may even find a newer one.
Yes, after these updates the system is very responsive and doesn't crash.

The only thing that I would love to improve is the audio quality because, going through the MMI Box, the audio becomes garbage (very low, muffled, noisy etc). The perfect solution would be to switch the audio channels coming from the android device, over the original BMW bluetooth channel, while using the MMI only for the video part. However, I was never successful in this task
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 08:16 PM   #12879
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagncola View Post
As far as i know, the audio seetings for volume currently only working for Aux not for bluetooth connection. Please correct me, if i am wrong. Siri should be ok if you use the command "hey siri" (iphone micro is used / increase without connection to the car the volume on the iphone during siri conversation) . If the button on the wheel or the idrive is used, siri is low volume.

Have the same issue with some navigation apps, commands are very silent and no idea to fix. Music is playing and will be quieter but the navigation sound is on the same quite level as the music.
I believe the equalizer settings are not working in full Bluetooth mode. But you can change the individual volumes, like alert, music, etc..

Also, you may have to adjust your OEM volumes at the time of when the expected audio source is active. For example, if you are playing music from your OEM head unit, make sure you check your volume that it’s not set too low or to zero. You may also have a different level of volume coming from your navigation vs your music.
      02-20-2024, 11:21 AM   #12880
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
I believe the equalizer settings are not working in full Bluetooth mode. But you can change the individual volumes, like alert, music, etc..

Also, you may have to adjust your OEM volumes at the time of when the expected audio source is active. For example, if you are playing music from your OEM head unit, make sure you check your volume that it’s not set too low or to zero. You may also have a different level of volume coming from your navigation vs your music.

I got the info from RoadTop support and it was my experience too. The audio settings on the mmi menu (for main, music, siri and navi) does not take care if full (phone/audio) bluetooth is used. Maybe it´s related to EVO ID6 only, but i assume not. Could be my mistake too, but i checked on two diffrent cars (BMW - RoadTop and VW - Andream) more than one time. For my opinion it´s "clear" because all audio will be go directly to car bluetooth and the box only shows the picture.

If there is any hint to get this working, let me know

Last edited by hagncola; 02-21-2024 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: add infos
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 03:44 PM   #12881
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

I got the w/HDMI version, direct from Andream, and got it installed in my 2015 F82 M4 a couple weeks ago.

Install: Once you get the panels off, easy as pie. No wires had to be run long distances. I did not need to run the AUX line, or the MIC line, it was mostly all just plug and play and then put the panels back on.

Use: As plug and play as it gets. Once you get your phone setup (iPhone in this case) it just works. Uses the cars Bluetooth to connect. No aux. OEM mic works with no extra wiring in. Audio is great, call quality is great.

The connection with your phone is almost instant and the Carplay screen comes up in seconds.

100% satisfied. It gave me all of the things the 2015 unit was missing.
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50
      02-21-2024, 08:27 PM   #12882
Slippery Shaman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

I got this MMI box and while it works, it pulls up CarPlay 19/20 times without an issue, the audio quality going through bluetooth / now the AUX is pretty bad, which is disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 12:13 PM   #12883
blakic
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 & MX-5 ND

I've got an issue regarding my G30 10.25 display. I upgraded from an 8.8" screen and coded the new screen. The iDrive works fine (including touchscreen). But if I switch to my Roadtop MMI box the display gets black. If I change to my old 8.8" display, the MMI works fine again (the iDrive of course not since I had to code another screen). I already tried to restart the MMI (Back-button press) and the iDrive (Mute button), but it didn't change anything. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 12:28 PM   #12884
blakic
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 & MX-5 ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakic View Post
I've got an issue regarding my G30 10.25 display. I upgraded from an 8.8" screen and coded the new screen. The iDrive works fine (including touchscreen). But if I switch to my Roadtop MMI box the display gets black. If I change to my old 8.8" display, the MMI works fine again (the iDrive of course not since I had to code another screen). I already tried to restart the MMI (Back-button press) and the iDrive (Mute button), but it didn't change anything. Any suggestions?
I found the error maybe, since I had to code a higher resolution I have also to switch an extra toggle on the MMI. I will try that and report.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 03:03 PM   #12885
LOLMEE
Rep
Drives: E82

Road top Unit for bmw e82 135i can someone explain what is the CP High speed can for? On diagram dosnt stay connected
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 08:16 AM   #12886
cnicklo
Rep
Drives: 2000 528it (5MT)

You need to ensure you are connected via Bluetooth to the car via the BMW setup as well as via CarPlay to the RoadTop box. . .then you should have volume when navigating etc. . . I missed this as well when I first installed.

Hope this is your issue and that it helps to get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagncola View Post

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 11:33 AM   #12887
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnicklo View Post
You need to ensure you are connected via Bluetooth to the car via the BMW setup as well as via CarPlay to the RoadTop box. . .then you should have volume when navigating etc. . . I missed this as well when I first installed.

Hope this is your issue and that it helps to get it fixed.
The sound for Navi, Siri and Music i can hear, but more or less no difference in volume level during the navigation commands which is hard to understand. Or the music goes silent but the navi commands in the same silet level -- depends on the navi software.

On Aux, the music goes silent and the navi voice is clear and loud, the same as for Siri.

In the meanwhile i have coded Aux on Evo ID6 (no USB connect anymore needed) and the sound is compared to bluetooth 99 percent the same. All is fine, and all keys on the wheel does work as expected.

After some time finetuning the phone sound on calls is great too on carplay without any echo the last days.

Last edited by hagncola; 02-23-2024 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 02:35 PM   #12888
MMcoding
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakic View Post

Change dip switch to

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 02:18 AM   #12889
tonyec7
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

Does anyone know what would cause audio to only sound on the right side of the car? I've tried moving the cables around but it still persists. Only happens when carplay is connected. With regular radio/bluetooth/internal media it sounds normal.

Where could I buy a new LVDS cable
      02-24-2024, 09:40 PM   #12890
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotmaster206 View Post
I haven't had that issue - the two disable audio sinks worked for me. My problem is that my Andream unit is competing with my AAWireless unit to grab the Android Auto connection wirelessly, and it usually wins. When it does win, the bluetooth will come in/out as the AAWireless unit tries to connect to my phone that is already connected to the Andream unit. It's infuriating. I tried connecting only to the AAWireless unit and then turning off the option to connect to new stuff in my Android settings but that hasn't fixed it.

One of two things would fix this, I think:
1) A setting in Andream to shut down all wireless connection (why doesn't this exist??)

2) A setting in Andream that would do the same thing that AAWireless does, which is disable audio sinks. It already has the option to route phone calls to your regular bluetooth, why not just do it for all audio? This would be vastly better than the current Aux audio connection it uses.

Anyone have any idea if either of these are possible? Or other fixes I'm not seeing?
Just came across this post and not sure if you've since found the solution. But my Samsung S21FE allows me to block the mmi's bluetooth, or any bluetooth paring request for that matter, so that it will never pair with it and never launch the mmi's native wireless AA.

Keep your phone in the settings > connected devices screen. When the mmi attempts to connect to the phone you get a pop-up box asking you to pair, block, or cancel. Select block.

I'm also using AAWireless with my Carlinkit mmi since the native wireless hardware in my mmi seemed to be breaking.

Last edited by muniz_ri; 02-24-2024 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 05:26 AM   #12891
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Any info which video formats (.avi, .xvid, .mkv ....) are supported and which filesystem(s) on the USB Stick ? How to deal with big files if only Fat32 is supported ?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 10:52 AM   #12892
sabifa
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 340i MPPSK

Regarding the poorer audio quality via AUX, I have found the following video:

It shows that you can set the audio output via Bluetooth (after updating the MMI box). In the vehicle, the cell phone BT must then be selected as the audio source instead of AUX.

Has anyone tested this and can report whether it improves the audio quality so it matches OEM?

Android Auto for Google Maps navigation really appeals to me, but due to the degradation in audio quality, I've always stayed away of the MMI box so far.
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50