F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 2016 X5 Electronics Problems: Aux Battery or Starter/Alternator?
ARMA SPEED

12-18-2023, 07:26 PM   #1
thesearchguy
Annoyed
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 (F15)

Unhappy 2016 X5 Electronics Problems: Aux Battery or Starter/Alternator?

Hey all, after lurking without an account for a VERY long time I have finally decided to just go ahead and sign up for an account of my own. Before asking for any input on a situation I’m dealing with, I wanted to start off by thanking the community at large for being the source of so many answers to various questions that’ve popped up over the last couple of decades driving BMWs. You guys and gals have helped me avoid dealer visits on many, many occasions, and I appreciate it greatly.

The problem I am dealing with today is with my 2016 X5-a few days ago I went out to start it and it was just dead… No cranking, no electronics, no signs of life whatsoever. The batteries were the original set that came when I bought it new in 2016 and I’d known they’d need replacement soon, so when AAA came and couldn’t start it I had it flat bedded to a local shop and had the main battery replaced. I came back the following day and grabbed the car, and stopped at my sister’s house for lunch only to have it refuse to start again in her driveway. Finally today I brought it back to the shop that replaced main battery, and they are stumped (which is disappointing) but provided me with error msgs which I’ve attached below. Anyone else experienced anything like this? I’m bringing it to my dealer in the AM, but would love to hear others experiences.

Thanks!

Peter
Attached Images

Appreciate 0