BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

07-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG M3/Fox Red

Brian@EAS Poor service

I have been shopping with EAS for a few years. Recently I ordered an Awron guage for my E92 M3 supercharged build. Tom was great, patient, and extremely helpful when my first guage was defective (not accepting software updates), but when the replacement gauge arrived cosmetically damaged, Brian accused ME of damaging the guage! The damage was done within the screen and it was not visible until we removed the protective plastic covering the screen. Brian claimed that EAS inspects below that protective covering prior to shipping (clear lie). Tom was CCed on Brians email response and was compliant with that accusation. I will NEVER order from EAS again. It is sad to see Tom would allow such poor customer service.

FYI all installation was done in the #1 shop on the east coast for supercharged M3s. No fault of theirs.

***COSMETIC DAMAGE BOTTOM RIGHT AND BOTTOM LEFT CORNERS, ON INSIDE OF SCREEN. Seems to be light scratches or dirt of some sort***

Original Response and photos:
I’m sorry to hear that there are scratches on the inside of the screen on your Awron gauge. As stated in our phone conversation, these units are individually and thoroughly inspected before shipping. Once a unit is shipped and installed we do not accept returns on them. The only instance where it will be replaced is if the unit was shipped out damaged or not working. Such was the case with your old unit. The unit installed on your car currently was inspected before being shipped out by two different people. This damage would’ve been flagged by either one of them and we would’ve shipped a different unit to you.

Should you have any questions please feel free to email me directly.

Regards,

12 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red - ESS VT2-650 | Mode Carbon | KW Clubsports | IPE | Challenge Race X pipe
10 E92 M3 MR/Black - rod bearing failure
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

sorry to hear that. what software update was it? My awron gauge wasn't reading the HP and Torque correctly so i went back to EAS 3 times to fix that problem, they replaced 2 unit for me and finally got the right software.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sorry for your problems. EAS has always been great to me. Just one question, if it had scratches on it, why did you install it? If I ever received an item scratched I would never install it. Just sayin the way they probably see it, is that is was scratched during installation. Hope all works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Sorry for your problems. EAS has always been great to me. Just one question, if it had scratches on it, why did you install it? If I ever received an item scratched I would never install it. Just sayin the way they probably see it, is that is was scratched during installation. Hope all works out for you.
Read the post. The blemishes are INSIDE the glass and could not be seen until the plastic protectant film was removed.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
sorry to hear that. what software update was it? My awron gauge wasn't reading the HP and Torque correctly so i went back to EAS 3 times to fix that problem, they replaced 2 unit for me and finally got the right software.
Not sure. thanks for letting me know. so clearly there are issues with these units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
see comment below. they are inside the glass and were not visible until plastic protectant was removed. that was left on to protect screen during install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
Read the post. The blemishes are INSIDE the glass and could not be seen until the plastic protectant film was removed.
thanks! i think many more people are going to skim the post and miss this

12 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red - ESS VT2-650 | Mode Carbon | KW Clubsports | IPE | Challenge Race X pipe
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

What. Am I reading this right? How the hell could you have scratched the INSIDE?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole
What. Am I reading this right? How the hell could you have scratched the INSIDE?
You are reading it right! No clue! That is why I had to share this experience. Be careful if you buy from EAS especially if you are dealing with Brian. Unfortunately since Tom agreed with Brian I would say be careful with him as well. Great service when buying, but it seems if an issue pops up it's not their fault.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #8
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Looks like IND is now selling these. definitely by from them vs EAS for good customer service

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #9
TD78
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

How accurate are these gauges for Hp and torque?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Ive never had a issue with Brian or Tom.
      08-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #11
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Ive never had a issue with Brian or Tom.
I have been buying from EAS since my 2010 M3. Tom has always been great, even with my initial Awron issue. It was after the first replacement was sent out (Awron gauge would not update) that Brian took over. Didn't think much of it, but when I brought the issue up to him, he took it upon himself on the phone to blame me for the issue, claiming it was inspected before delivery, and there is nothing he could do. Tom backed this, which is why they are both at fault.

What if they didn't see this damage because like stated in first post, it was under the plastic. What if it was damaged in shipping? How you can rush to accuse a loyal customer that spent thousands of dollars for doing the damage, then EAS as a whole go completely silent on the issue is beyond shocking for me.

Does a company like that really deserve your business? I'd rather go elsewhere, and would caution others on using EAS especially when there are better options out there. Clearly if something is going wrong they do not know how to react. It will catch up with them, and they have lost my $$.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #12
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Never had issues with Brian or TOM. I have been a customer for many years as TOM and his team had given me nothing but great customer service.
      08-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #13
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
Never had issues with Brian or TOM. I have been a customer for many years as TOM and his team had given me nothing but great customer service.
I have been a great customer for years as well. This is the first issue and it really shows how EAS handles tough situations (they just want to move on and not accept any responsiblity).

Glad you edited your original comment, because that suggestion to go to the manufacturer on a NEW product delivered damaged from a VENDOR that "inspects it thoroughly before shipping" just reinforced my point of poor customer service.

And like I stated early, Tom was super helpful until Brian got involved and it all went south. The fact that he supported Brian's decision to offer poor service is bad.

Awron makes a great product, people should go buy it from a different vendor that actually offers great support when an issue arises.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL View Post
I have been a great customer for years as well. This is the first issue and it really shows how EAS handles tough situations (they just want to move on and not accept any responsiblity).

Glad you edited your original comment, because that suggestion to go to the manufacturer on a NEW product delivered damaged from a VENDOR that "inspects it thoroughly before shipping" just reinforced my point of poor customer service.

And like I stated early, Tom was super helpful until Brian got involved and it all went south. The fact that he supported Brian's decision to offer poor service is bad.

Awron makes a great product, people should go buy it from a different vendor that actually offers great support when an issue arises.
i would contact the manufacturer directly to see what they can do maybe send you a face or replace it, ive done that before sometimes distributors can only do so much i know i know its not the option you want to hear but im just saying, ive recvd a scratch up product before from distributor and end up going directly going to manufacture and they were able to exchange it or send me that part that was damage. Not sure if they will but its worth a try..

also i understand EAS saying that it was inspected before the shipping im not saying they didnt but im saying there are other people out there that accidentally dropped an item and say that they received a defected item. Again not saying you did im just saying.

i hear your frustration cause ive been to that situation before NOT with EAS but other company but still even with that i still gave them second chance again thats just me.

again sorry for all the troubles you encountered at EAS..
      08-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #15
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

The manufacturer is over seas so shipping is an issue. the damage is inside. It will need a new unit.

I understand if it's outside cosmetic damage because it is questionable in that sense. This is all internal and was sent this way. For EAS to blame me and Brian to say that he inspected it (including implying the remove the protective screen cover and reapply it perfectly somehow) is ridiculous. They actually have no argument here and I know of a few shops and friends who will not use them anymore.

This thread really isn't about the next step. EAS has done nothing and will do nothing. It's to let people know how poor there service is and how they are unable to handle issues that arise. It's also to let people know they should use caution when purchasing from them, or find a better vendor.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #16
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Sucks they would be willing to end good customer relationship over a seemingly small amount compared to what you have spent in the past, and what you'll likely buy in the future.

I just look at their site, and order most of my stuff from GTM. I don't know what ties Mach Schnell has to EAS, but MS stuff is crappy or sketchy so I've kind of been turned off from EAS because of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #17
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 SOLD  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Wow. I would think that by now, one of them would have come in here to share their story since they are a vendor.

You would think that this big of a company would have no problems exchanging it out. I mean it isn't like they couldn't send it back to the manufacturer and get a credit on the damaged part.

Hearing things like this and then no comments from them about it will steer people away.

Like me.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #18
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
Sucks they would be willing to end good customer relationship over a seemingly small amount compared to what you have spent in the past, and what you'll likely buy in the future.

I just look at their site, and order most of my stuff from GTM. I don't know what ties Mach Schnell has to EAS, but MS stuff is crappy or sketchy so I've kind of been turned off from EAS because of it.
I know right!

macht schnell stuff is made by them i believe. i have the spacers and they aren't bad. some vibration at higher speeds but the m3 is sensitive. nothing dramatic or to complain about (my 2nd set of MS spacers from them btw, bought 4 for my last m3, and 4 for this one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetastelingers View Post
Wow. I would think that by now, one of them would have come in here to share their story since they are a vendor.

You would think that this big of a company would have no problems exchanging it out. I mean it isn't like they couldn't send it back to the manufacturer and get a credit on the damaged part.

Hearing things like this and then no comments from them about it will steer people away.

Like me.
Not much to say when they are embarrassingly wrong. The exchange would have cost them nothing like you said since the manufacturer would have dealt with the defective part. BTW they aren't as big a company as many would think.

Your smart to steer away. There are MANY other reputable vendors who will do the right thing, unlike Brian and EAS.

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #19
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Surprised they haven't reached out here. They're obviously active on the boards
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #20
JPH704
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Huracan Performante & 720s

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL View Post
Not much to say when they are embarrassingly wrong. The exchange would have cost them nothing like you said since the manufacturer would have dealt with the defective part. BTW they aren't as big a company as many would think.

Your smart to steer away. There are MANY other reputable vendors who will do the right thing, unlike Brian and EAS.
I agree with that part. OP have you tried to contact Awron directly. They may make good of the situation. Seems like you have everything documented. Good luck!
      08-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

How exactly have you completely ruled out that something may have went wrong during install? Regardless of "where" the damage is, you state it might be a scratch or even just dust, is it not possible that this could have happened during the install. And I still don't understand why you wouldn't inspect the unit prior to install, including removing the plastic cover.

Not to mention that this "damage" looks so miniscule, it's funny that such a big fuss has been made over it.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #22
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post

I have never had any problem with MS 'stuff' being 'crappy' or 'sketchy.'
I think your choice of words proves to this forum how knowledgeable you are about what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetastelingers View Post

Like me.
I don't see any other complaints about EAS, only positive reviews. Overall they are a very reputable company and stand by their products. This event seems to be an isolated one. But you are welcome to draw your own conclusions, because hey, this is just a forum where people believe everything.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread