F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > E-Cigarettes
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

07-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

E-Cigarettes

Has anyone tried e-cigarettes? If you have, can you confirm that they are indeed odorless?

I bought one today and it's satisfying enough a a cigarette, but I don't want to smoke it in my car with the windows up and a/c on if it's not truly odorless. The odor of true cig smoke or the odor from an e-cig are still odors that aren't natural to a car, so I don't really want either caught in my ventilation system.

TY for any experience-based input you can offer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I don't find the replacement forms of nicotine as satisfying as the real thing. I just quit chewing on saturday and quiting isn't really hard but have used a patch in the past and got nothing out of it.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 07-24-2013 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I don't find the replacement forms of nicotine as satisfying as the real thing. I just quit shewing on saturday and quiting isn't really hard but have used a patch in the past and got nothing out of it.
hope you can kick it for good bro!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
hope you can kick it for good bro!
I know its kind of cliche but I can quit whenever I want. Physically I have no problem doing it. Just don't really want to but wife doesn't like it. I start every spring and quit every fall.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
I know its kind of cliche but I can quit whenever I want. Physically I have no problem doing it. Just don't really want to but wife doesn't like it. I start every spring and quit every fall.
argh. alright when I come over, I'm going to smack it out of your hands.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Has anyone tried e-cigarettes? If you have, can you confirm that they are indeed odorless?

I bought one today and it's satisfying enough a a cigarette, but I don't want to smoke it in my car with the windows up and a/c on if it's not truly odorless. The odor of true cig smoke or the odor from an e-cig are still odors that aren't natural to a car, so I don't really want either caught in my ventilation system.

TY for any experience-based input you can offer.
Tony wouldn't peg you as a smoker. Aren't those e-cigs spendy?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
I use e cigs but I use them for herb instead of tobacco. While I find them Less odorless than smoking regularly, I still find them to have a small smell from them. Not nearly as bad as smoke, but a hint that you can still smell them. You should be fine vaporizing with your AC and windows up, I just wouldn't recommend sparking it up at work or something like that, unless you're in the bathroom, lol
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Be carefull with this E sigaretes,last year it was in the newspapers here that some of them caused explosions and people get wounded and get this..lol
Anyway this really happened !
And BTW..my wife and i,we already did the E sig with 0 % result,it's the same as nothing man and after you try to catch the loss of nicotine and it is even worse

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
Rep
Drives: 2014 MW M4

Just put some maryjane in it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes24 View Post
Maryjane.?!?!...oh man

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes24 View Post
You need a Atmos pens to do actual flowers. Most of them you want to use Mary Jane shatter, or BHO oil...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Be carefull with this E sigaretes,last year it was in the newspapers here that some of them caused explosions and people get wounded and get this..lol
Anyway this really happened !
And BTW..my wife and i,we already did the E sig with 0 % result,it's the same as nothing man and after you try to catch the loss of nicotine and it is even worse
I never heard of a e cig or vaporizer pen exploding lol. How would that even happen??
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I got 5 on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #14
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Knowing that you are sometimes of a mind to make posts to sate your funny bone, I'm reticent to reply to you for I don't know if you said what you did above for that reason, but I'm taking a chance in good faith that you mean/believe what you said.

I suspect right now, you probably can quit if you just want to. Ten to 20 years now, I wonder if that'll be true? People have varying definitions of what "quitting smoking" means. Some folks quit for a few years and then resume the habit. Such folks sometimes incorrectly take the fact of their multi-year hiatus as evidence that they can quit. I would argue that because they resumed, they didn't quit, they just took a break, albeit a long one. Quitting smoking is something that requires one also never smoke again. "Never" is very hard to achieve as evidenced by the 7% success rate at doing so. To put some perspective on just how low that really is, more than double that percentage of American households have $100K/year income.

If you can quit at any time, I suggest that now is the right time. Of all the mistakes I've ever made in my life, taking up smoking is the one I will come to regret most. The best I can say for myself about being a smoker is that I have learned a lot from having made that mistake. My father -- a non-smoker -- is 95 and gong strong; he will die because he just dies for there's nothing wrong with his health. He's just old. I'm sure I won't live that long.

Yes, it's true some smokers do live to be quite old. Most don't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
See my post above.

Spendy = pricey ??? It is a costly habit. Fortunately, or unfortunately if you want to see it that way, I can afford to purchase all the cigs -- e-cigs or otherwise -- I am able to smoke. I can also afford all the health care they may cause me to need.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Knowing that you are sometimes of a mind to make posts to sate your funny bone, I'm reticent to reply to you for I don't know if you said what you did above for that reason, but I'm taking a chance in good faith that you mean/believe what you said.

I suspect right now, you probably can quit if you just want to. Ten to 20 years now, I wonder if that'll be true? People have varying definitions of what "quitting smoking" means. Some folks quit for a few years and then resume the habit. Such folks sometimes incorrectly take the fact of their multi-year hiatus as evidence that they can quit. I would argue that because they resumed, they didn't quit, they just took a break, albeit a long one. Quitting smoking is something that requires one also never smoke again. "Never" is very hard to achieve as evidenced by the 7% success rate at doing so. To put some perspective on just how low that really is, more than double that percentage of American households have $100K/year income.

If you can quit at any time, I suggest that now is the right time. Of all the mistakes I've ever made in my life, taking up smoking is the one I will come to regret most. The best I can say for myself about being a smoker is that I have learned a lot from having made that mistake. My father -- a non-smoker -- is 95 and gong strong; he will die because he just dies for there's nothing wrong with his health. He's just old. I'm sure I won't live that long.

This is some very good information. I smoked for about 4 years, a pack of Newports a day, and had that same mentality that I could quit whenever I wanted. Not only is it pointless to smoke, but if you have the mentality to quit at any time now, UTILIZE IT. I quit cold turkey once I moved from MI to NC and I feel a million times better than I ever have. Plus, adding up the cost to smoke that many cigarettes over an amount of time is crazy high. My father is and always has been a smoker, the wear it has on him drove me to quit.

Better to be healthy, then drive your body into the ground. Not to mention it makes you smell, most women despise it, and its costly. The good vs bad is pretty simple to see. Don't get me wrong, I still have a Cohiba here and there for a social smoke, but that's a whole different scenario.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
Metalbeast
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 X5 4.8i

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
I can also afford all the health care they may cause me to need.
Actually, smokers, on average, cost less in total health care costs. They tend to die sooner and much quicker.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42 View Post
I use e cigs but I use them for herb instead of tobacco. While I find them Less odorless than smoking regularly, I still find them to have a small smell from them. Not nearly as bad as smoke, but a hint that you can still smell them. You should be fine vaporizing with your AC and windows up, I just wouldn't recommend sparking it up at work or something like that, unless you're in the bathroom, lol
You use them to smoke weed? There are so many quite effective other tools that work fine for that purpose that it would have never crossed my mind. I can count on one hand the number of times I've smoked weed in the past lustrum, so perhaps that's why.

As for work, I do it in my office and make no effort to hide it. I don't use it when I'm in the middle of a client presentation/meeting; however, there are many things that are otherwise not controversial or banned that I wouldn't do in such a situation. I wouldn't advise anyone to do it in their place of work, but I suspect everyone knows the limits of what they can and cannot do without repercussions. I understand why you made the suggestion you did.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Actually, smokers, on average, cost less in total health care costs. They tend to die sooner and much quicker.
I didn't know that. I guess I can see some plausibility in that assertion, although I suspect insurance companies might argue the point.

I wasn't really speaking of the cost to "the system." I appreciate your offering that morsel, however. It's good to know.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

+1 indeed odorless. depending on your setup and what you use, you might smell the flavor you have if anything. I quit in January and have been fine with the e cig and personally on 12mg nicotine level. patch did not work for me.

Last edited by info@trinityautosport; 07-25-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #22
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yes I was in ernest about what I said. But by your defenition I won't probably ever quit. I take breaks would be what I do according to you. I'm fully aware of the ramifications of tobacco and am a life long athlete. I also am in health care and should know better, but I guess I have a risk taker mentality. I chew, gamble, drink, race cars, powerlift, and compete in a lot of sports. I feel like I need several outlets for my energies. Chewing goes and something else will have to take over!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread