BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

08-11-2015, 11:03 PM   #67
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yes CC !! well done
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #68
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

I'm so glad I found this thread.

Dave, you have PM
      08-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #69
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 AlpineWeiss 3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Guess I have to start saving for the Xpipe/test pipes and BPM tunes now I have a catback on the way.....
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2015, 06:03 AM   #70
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
For those who asked about the impending race model... this one is the "Race Xtreme" and is on a totally stock car with a stock X pipe. The video just does not do it justice, it's really loud but a true big block sound, no barking at all, just all V8

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #71
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Grey E92 M3 (6MT)

Sounds awesome Dave - great job! Exactly the type of noise the car should make!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 05:58 PM   #72
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M2 F87

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
For those who asked about the impending race model... this one is the "Race Xtreme" and is on a totally stock car with a stock X pipe. The video just does not do it justice, it's really loud but a true big block sound, no barking at all, just all V8

No flames??

Well done regardless.

I've had your back box now for a few weeks and I'am really loving it's sound.
There's a sweet "burble" on lift off that just does it to me every time.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #73
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=Rocket_Rod;18432673]No flames??

Well done regardless.

Oh we can do that, just a nice full catless system, more power, better sound again, more back burble but BIG fines

I've had your back box now for a few weeks and I'am really loving it's sound.
There's a sweet "burble" on lift off that just does it to me every time.
:clap

Glad you are enjoying Rod, being so subjective it's difficult to get something that will please everyone, but so far good reactions. The one yesterday was my favorite, it's almost too good if you are game

Last edited by DaveDee; 08-19-2015 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #74
CC_Arnie
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Alright, here are my impressions of the M3 World exhaust ("sport" version without valves). It arrived last week and had it installed immediately.

Qualifiers:
- My car is a DCT daily driver and I use it 80% of the time for functional comfort (get from A to B, no manual gear shifts, sit in traffic, listen to music, wife and kid sometimes etc). Other 20% is more spirited driving.
- I am going from stock exhaust (and have had no other exhaust on the M3 before this).

So, firstly, this is one of the best exhaust notes I have ever heard on any car and everyone who has heard it raves about it. Its bassy and loud but still preserves the S54 unique sound characteristics – it definitely aint no unrefined US/Aus V8 sound. You don’t have to wring its neck to sound good, as even at 2500rpm it sounds aggressive (suddenly makes me want to drag at every set of lights). I have had people drive my car so I could hear it drive by and the sound is ridiculously good – just love it.

However, secondly, for me its too loud for my daily commute pottering around town (and the fun PoPo also says its too loud, which doesn’t help). The bass/burble is always there subtly (something I am getting used to) and between 1500-1900rpm there is some drone (easy to drive around but see my qualifier above about me liking to drive around in auto mode with my slippers on, listening to classical music). This is obviously a personal thing…everyone is different.

I am torn – the sound is demonic and addictive and there is nothing else I’d rather be hearing that 20% of the time when I’m in the mood VS I like to completely chill the other 80% of the time. I could:

• Keep as is and hope I get used to it – unlikely.
• Put on valves – its still likely to have the ever-present burble and some low down drone. So spending more $$ on something I (and the fun police) might still not be happy with is not ideal. But then, I think I might get used to the lower levels of bass with valves closed and if I don’t try it I will kick myself.
• Permanently block off outer outlets – same as valves but permanent but less $$ sunk.
• Take it off – going back to stock…and then what. Look for a higher pitched exhaust probably as I still want something other than stock.

Lastly, thanks to DaveDee for his excellent organisation and support throughout – everything was on (or before) time, his support over email was excellent as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #75
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_Arnie View Post
Alright, here are my impressions of the M3 World exhaust ("sport" version without valves). It arrived last week and had it installed immediately.

Qualifiers:
- My car is a DCT daily driver and I use it 80% of the time for functional comfort (get from A to B, no manual gear shifts, sit in traffic, listen to music, wife and kid sometimes etc). Other 20% is more spirited driving.
- I am going from stock exhaust (and have had no other exhaust on the M3 before this).

So, firstly, this is one of the best exhaust notes I have ever heard on any car and everyone who has heard it raves about it. Its bassy and loud but still preserves the S54 unique sound characteristics – it definitely aint no unrefined US/Aus V8 sound. You don’t have to wring its neck to sound good, as even at 2500rpm it sounds aggressive (suddenly makes me want to drag at every set of lights). I have had people drive my car so I could hear it drive by and the sound is ridiculously good – just love it.

However, secondly, for me its too loud for my daily commute pottering around town (and the fun PoPo also says its too loud, which doesn’t help). The bass/burble is always there subtly (something I am getting used to) and between 1500-1900rpm there is some drone (easy to drive around but see my qualifier above about me liking to drive around in auto mode with my slippers on, listening to classical music). This is obviously a personal thing…everyone is different.

I am torn – the sound is demonic and addictive and there is nothing else I’d rather be hearing that 20% of the time when I’m in the mood VS I like to completely chill the other 80% of the time. I could:

• Put on valves – its still likely to have the ever-present burble and some low down drone. So spending more $$ on something I (and the fun police) might still not be happy with is not ideal. But then, I think I might get used to the lower levels of bass with valves closed and if I don’t try it I will kick myself.
• Permanently block off outer outlets – same as valves but permanent but less $$ sunk.
• Take it off – going back to stock…and then what. Look for a higher pitched exhaust probably as I still want something other than stock.

Lastly, thanks to DaveDee for his excellent organisation and support throughout – everything was on (or before) time, his support over email was excellent as well.

Thanks for the kind words CC, the biggest step is often going from a stock exhaust to anything modified, but you do get used to it (and addicted) in a short time. Everyone has different levels of taste and tolerance to drone, but its worth the persist rather than going back to the silver sack
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #76
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M2 F87

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words CC, the biggest step is often going from a stock exhaust to anything modified, but you do get used to it (and addicted) in a short time. Everyone has different levels of taste and tolerance to drone, but its worth the persist rather than going back to the silver sack
I agree. At first it was loud, really loud, but having had it now for a close to a month, I find after the cold start routine, things are just awesome. Idling is just another level. Down shifting is addictive. The burble is something I particularly love. I think it's a reverse honeymoon; it gets better after the first month.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 03:07 AM   #77
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 AlpineWeiss 3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_Arnie View Post

Qualifiers:

I have a M3World catback with valves coming to Perth which I will install as soon as it arrives, you're welcome to come and hear what it's like with the valves prior to deciding anything further.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 03:10 AM   #78
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Have to say all these reviews are great. I heard Deans exhaust when he first had it fitted but kicking myself for not going for a ride to check it out in general driving. I've already had the perf mod done which I love but I think I'll jump on one of these once I'm ready to do flash and test pipes. Great job Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 03:43 AM   #79
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSEA View Post
Have to say all these reviews are great. I heard Deans exhaust when he first had it fitted but kicking myself for not going for a ride to check it out in general driving. I've already had the perf mod done which I love but I think I'll jump on one of these once I'm ready to do flash and test pipes. Great job Dave
Thanks Rob

Lots of things happening, more enhancements on the race xtreme, a good time to be local
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 03:50 AM   #80
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Thanks Rob

Lots of things happening, more enhancements on the race xtreme, a good time to be local
Happy place
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #81
CC_Arnie
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplagz View Post
I have a M3World catback with valves coming to Perth which I will install as soon as it arrives, you're welcome to come and hear what it's like with the valves prior to deciding anything further.
That would be fantastic, and very much appreciated. When do you expect to have it on?
Appreciate 0