F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

03-31-2024, 04:40 AM   #13025
Captain Buumer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325D

If anyone got a clue would be very helpful.
I've read most of the thread and don't know how to get the mic working (Everything else works perfect).

RoadTop MMI
Retrofitted CIC e90 (not the high version).
no combox/mulf/ulf.

Most users have Combox but i don't so it seems like something is different.

i checked that the mic1 comes from the quadlock into the 2.5mm plug.
From 2.5mm plug i already put the harness that leads to the roof (where the microphone is supposed to be).
I bought the OEM microphone and connected to the mic harness (DIP switch 7 set to ON) - doesn't work.
I tried with the aftermarket mic (DIP switch 7 set to OFF) - doesn't work.

I don't quite understand does the MMI expect the OEM radio MIC to work?
I have no such function from CIC. Can't even verify if mic works since the button does nothing while in CIC.
When made phone call to my other phone MIC indeed does not work. I tried all possible combinations and its 100% not getting mic input.

Mic1 does not do anything so far.
Should i add new wiring to Mic2 pins?

I even tried coding the microphone.
MICROPHONE_0A
no_microphone -> one_mic_under_car_roof

Still does not work with OEM or aftermarket mic.

API_Type - None (currently set)
mulf2_high
combox
inbox_parrot (should i try this?)
inbox_microsoft

A2DP_PROFILE - nicht_aktiv (currently set)
aktiv (should i try this?)

DATACOM_INTERFACE - tcu_mulf (currently set)
combox
inbox (should i try this?)

PHONE_RSE - nicht_aktiv (currently set)
aktiv (should i try this?)

Anyone without combox has gotten the mic to work?
How did you manage to do it.

Do i need to activate Voice Control FSC (it's retrofitted and probably is missing this one)?
If so then it looks like i still need to script activate CIC (since it's only .C10 and not C1A).
Something i was hoping don't have to do with this MMI kit since it should have it's own microphone input like 95% other aftermarket integration kits.

Which means i need to add ethernet pins to ODB2 to gain FTP access to CIC.
Then i got to manually modify the startup file to create empty files that grant all FSCs.

Dang. Quite many steps just to get the damned microphone to work.

What if mic still doesn't work after i script activate CIC?
Is it even possible without Combox?

Last edited by Captain Buumer; 03-31-2024 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 10:16 AM   #13026
SoulCycles
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3S, 330e

I've just instelled an Andream mmi box in my bmw i3s. At firts it seamed to work fine. Got in to the setup menu and connected my phone (samsung s21 ultra) but then it goes in to a loop; from the main setup, exit takes me bak to drive, long menu press and im back at the main setup and so on, and so on...
How to get to the android auto interface?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 12:51 PM   #13027
Migz71
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1 series (F20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagncola View Post
Maybe dip switch 1,2,3 and 4 are needed

6.5 inch:
8.8/10.25 inch:
tip:
If the installed car model screen is 10.25inch, please use dip switch code 1111
0000 first
Hi mate tried this but after using these settings can't get back to bmw idrive menu?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 01:03 PM   #13028
adam1942
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini F56

Brilliant thread all. Just a heads up I bought this "Ninetom" version from Amazon as it was down to £200 on a flash sale.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09V7NBY...roduct_details

(I believe this is actually RoadTop because if you look at the Ninetom Facebook page it says contact is via Sales@roadtop.com https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100084784101561)

If it helps anyone the code for upgrades seems to be '8032'.

Also the version has only started to pop up recently so it must be very up to date;

I know I'm driving a Mini but does anyone know how to get the MMI to automatically open? Mine seems to revert back to idrive each time I start the car.

Last edited by adam1942; 03-31-2024 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 04:30 PM   #13029
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 (12/2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migz71 View Post
Hi mate tried this but after using these settings can't get back to bmw idrive menu?
OK, war only a hint in the manual and a try.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 05:45 PM   #13030
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1942 View Post
Brilliant thread all. Just a heads up I bought this "Ninetom" version from Amazon as it was down to £200 on a flash sale.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09V7NBY...roduct_details

(I believe this is actually RoadTop because if you look at the Ninetom Facebook page it says contact is via Sales@roadtop.com https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100084784101561)

If it helps anyone the code for upgrades seems to be '8032'.

Also the version has only started to pop up recently so it must be very up to date;

I know I'm driving a Mini but does anyone know how to get the MMI to automatically open? Mine seems to revert back to idrive each time I start the car.
My roadtop manual doesnt have a MINI option but its either
"Long press Menu for 3 sec" or "Long Press the C button for 3 sec" according to Roadtop manual..
      04-02-2024, 02:46 AM   #13031
adam1942
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini F56

Thank you - I was able to switch over manually but it wasn't automatically changing from MMI to Andriod Auto / Car Play - turns out I'm just impatient. I gave I just started driving the next time I got in the car and it flipped to AA anyway. Thanks for the response
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 02:52 AM   #13032
eltech
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

The Japanese have an interesting version of the device:
https://www.a-tack.net/products/expand/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 09:00 AM   #13033
ToniCipriani
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 N20B0O ZMT 7AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLMEE View Post
Road Top unit cant connect again Android Auto it appears a message saying .

Android Auto cannot connect right now
When its safe to do so
Please check Android Phone

It worked last days but now its dosnt connect to it. Wireless and bluethoot works
I found a workaround to this: when it does this, open the Autolink or YouTube app (it'll prompt you to stop Android Auto), quit that app then open Android Auto again. Then connect your phone via Bluetooth again. You should see a Bluetooth icon and the Android Auto icon go from gray to blue.

I tried to get RoadTop to give me a firmware update to fix this, but they stopped responding to me on Aliexpress and told me to go away on Whatsapp.. so I'm not sure about this "great service" some here have mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 09:03 PM   #13034
NYAWE60
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
I updated my MCU to version 21.9.13.122 using this file from the first post and coding works normally again:

https://mega.nz/file/OoV3hIBA#WuPXhS...jaJlD8__ul0Ddk
I just picked up an F15 X5 50i and I’m almost certain it has this unit installed. I’m having issues with the connection where it recognizes my iPhone for wireless CarPlay but no audio is produced. When I unpair the CarPlay feature from my iPhone’s Bluetooth menu and use the Bluetooth audio connected just to the native BMW system, it works but I miss all the features of CarPlay.

Oddly enough it works randomly sometimes, I would say 1 in every 10 instances. Even when I hardwire my phone via USB, it does the same thing. It’ll pick up CarPlay but won’t produce audio. I don’t know what to do, I’d really like for it to work. The fact that it works sometimes is enough to make me believe there’s something that can be done to get it to work permanently. I suppose I could go awol and just rip the whole thing out and buy an entirely new solution but I feel like that’s overkill.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 09:06 PM   #13035
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYAWE60 View Post
I just picked up an F15 X5 50i and I’m almost certain it has this unit installed. I’m having issues with the connection where it recognizes my iPhone for wireless CarPlay but no audio is produced. When I unpair the CarPlay feature from my iPhone’s Bluetooth menu and use the Bluetooth audio connected just to the native BMW system, it works but I miss all the features of CarPlay.

Oddly enough it works randomly sometimes, I would say 1 in every 10 instances. Even when I hardwire my phone via USB, it does the same thing. It’ll pick up CarPlay but won’t produce audio. I don’t know what to do, I’d really like for it to work. The fact that it works sometimes is enough to make me believe there’s something that can be done to get it to work permanently. I suppose I could go awol and just rip the whole thing out and buy an entirely new solution but I feel like that’s overkill.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Have you definitely got "AUX front" selected on your headunit?

If it operates like the unit did in my F82, the audio is sent through the quadlock to the "AUX front" input that should automatically show up in your sources menu.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 09:08 PM   #13036
NYAWE60
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
Have you definitely got "Front AUX" selected on your headunit?

If it operates like the unit did in my F82, the audio is sent through the quadlock to the "Front Aux" input that should automatically show up in your sources menu.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and circle back!
2010 Toyota Prius - stealth mobile 140K miles since new and still 45 MPG
2017 Lexus GX460 - (gone) - easily one of the most reliable cars I?ve ever owned
2014 328i xDrive M-Sport - 270 WHP w/JB4 (gone)
2010 BMW 535i RWD - 400 WHP (gone)
1992 R32 Nissan Skyline GTR 500 WHP (gone)
1993 Toyota Supra TT 6 speed - 500 WHP (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 05:38 PM   #13037
nerijusuza
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25, G12

Seeing some mixed feedback related to BT and Aux-in mic/audio. Which MMI box is currently considered best as far as new firmware updates and good audio via the BT?
Wife drives 2015 F25 X3 (I believe it's NBT), and will be using Android Auto. I am looking at Andream EWM-BMCP-NBT04X. I don't really plan on using HDMI. Are there any other feature differences compared to non-HDMI box? Seamless connectivity and stability is more important than HDMI. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 02:27 PM   #13038
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Andream and Roadtop are good for my opinion (the hardware is more or less the same). I use Roadtop because it was avalaible on Amazon and if something does not work the return is easy. Both support full bluetooth with some restrictions for diffrent sound levels (music, navigation, siri) compared to AUX. I can only talk about carplay, works for me 99,9 % without issue. I use Aux coded on Evo ID6 and the sound compared to oem bluetooth is more or less the same. I would buy the HDMI version, should be the newer model.

In the past, i had no issues with the support of roadtop and got frequently firmware updates after contact with whatsapp (nr. was included in manual)

Last edited by hagncola; 04-04-2024 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
fe7565556.50
      04-05-2024, 12:47 PM   #13039
r56jar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f11

Hi all from Spain

I have a problem with my ROADTOP MMI when I use Waze since the directions cannot be heard, while if I use maps or google maps they can be heard.

The mmi firmware is:

SDK VERSION: 25.0.0.7.0.0.20
Cust versión: B2R176R2
MCU VERSION: 23.1.12.117
HW VERSION: B_N2_1_G

it is installed on a bmw f11 with NBT and I use carplay with an iphone 14 pro ios 17.4.1 (
it didn't work with previous versions either)

The Waze configuration is correct in that the indications are not muted. I also use the "play sound via--device default" option.

As a curiosity, if during the Waze instructions, I activate Siri with the steering wheel button then they are heard while Siri is in listening mode

I am using the car's bt not the aux input so I can hear the AM and GM indications even listening to the car radio.

I haven't found anything like it in the entire thread and roadtop support doesn't give me a solution either.

Does any of you have Waze operating with the same or similar configuration to mine? or do you have the same problem?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 02:01 PM   #13040
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r56jar View Post
Hi all from Spain

I have a problem with my ROADTOP MMI when I use Waze since the directions cannot be heard, while if I use maps or google maps they can be heard.

The mmi firmware is:

SDK VERSION: 25.0.0.7.0.0.20
Cust versión: B2R176R2
MCU VERSION: 23.1.12.117
HW VERSION: B_N2_1_G

it is installed on a bmw f11 with NBT and I use carplay with an iphone 14 pro ios 17.4.1 (
it didn't work with previous versions either)

The Waze configuration is correct in that the indications are not muted. I also use the "play sound via--device default" option.

As a curiosity, if during the Waze instructions, I activate Siri with the steering wheel button then they are heard while Siri is in listening mode

I am using the car's bt not the aux input so I can hear the AM and GM indications even listening to the car radio.

I haven't found anything like it in the entire thread and roadtop support doesn't give me a solution either.

Does any of you have Waze operating with the same or similar configuration to mine? or do you have the same problem?

Thank you

I think the Problem is "I am using the car's bt not the aux input"
Try with Aux to check if it´s working.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 05:33 AM   #13041
r56jar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagncola View Post
I think the Problem is "I am using the car's bt not the aux input"
Try with Aux to check if it´s working.
Using the aux input all gps apps work well even waze, only waze works without directions or reports using the car bt.

Does anyone using car’s bt as audio has Waze working correctly? And could you share your config for Waze and MMI?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 05:50 PM   #13042
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Using the aux input all gps apps work well even waze, only waze works without directions or reports using the car bt.

Does anyone using car’s bt as audio has Waze working correctly? And could you share your config for Waze and MMI?

Thanks
If you are fully connected by bluetooth, the mmi is regarding sound "out of the Game", is more or less if you are not using Carplay. I think you have the same issue, if you disable Carplay on the Phone and the device is only connected to idrive.

You can "play" with the sound settings of waze or maybe a update in the future will change something but the mmi can not fix the issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 01:16 PM   #13043
eltech
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:

Thanks
What I have:
- MMI - Andream2 , firmware lcbmw2e_n EW_B2_1.6.16_n,
- phone - Xiaomi 13T Hyper OS.
- HU - entrinav.
The connection is wireless, the sound is via Bluetooth. (the phone is WI-FI - android auto, the Bluetooth sound is connected to the HU of the car).I installed a WAZE to try. The sound was perfectly transmitted. All the hints along the route worked.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 05:55 AM   #13044
davidalme
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
Yup, Roadtop hardware for old and new. They sent me a replacement after all the back and forth never fully got my unit working.

Old:
SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: ER169R3
MCU Version: 23.4.13.117
HW Version: B_E_G

New:
CUST Version: ER174
MCU Version: 23.4.13.117
HW Version: B_E_G

Since the issue/firmware is the same with both units, I assume a reflash wouldn't fix my issue. Not sure what the CUST Version is. I just want things to work and for the most part, it does but the reconnecting is an issue because my music triggers onto speaker on and off when I get home from work and I'm in my kitchen. It's pretty damn annoying so I'll have to tinker with my BT/Wifi settings on my phone and go from there I guess because, to your point, the support is hit or miss.
Hello louielouie,

I am actually facing the same problem. When I unlock the car and don't turn on the ignition directly, Spotify starts playing on my phone through the phone speakers. When I park the car, lock it and go home, the music starts playing on the phone speakers again after 15 seconds.

I also have the RoadTop Box for the BMW NBT with the following SW and HW version:

CUST Version: B2R174
MCU Version: 23.8.7.121
HW Version: B_N2_1_G

I'm really happy with the box in general, but this problem is annoying me so much as I have to stop the music on my phone when I go home.

Have you found a solution to this problem?

Best,
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 11:11 AM   #13045
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidalme View Post
Hello louielouie,

I am actually facing the same problem. When I unlock the car and don't turn on the ignition directly, Spotify starts playing on my phone through the phone speakers. When I park the car, lock it and go home, the music starts playing on the phone speakers again after 15 seconds.

I also have the RoadTop Box for the BMW NBT with the following SW and HW version:

CUST Version: B2R174
MCU Version: 23.8.7.121
HW Version: B_N2_1_G

I'm really happy with the box in general, but this problem is annoying me so much as I have to stop the music on my phone when I go home.

Have you found a solution to this problem?

Best,
Nope, unfortunately I haven't. One thing I did notice is the music, for me, stops on it's own.

Sometimes I turn off my BT, if I leave the connection area (when I walk my dog or get my mail) it doesn't reconnect. Other times I'll just let the music run.. but in terms of an actual fix, I unfortunately don't have one
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 08:27 AM   #13046
ToniCipriani
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 N20B0O ZMT 7AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Yes, I don’t recognize that firmware. If you install Road Top firmware it will probably brick it.
Update here... after incessant chasing and low-rating the seller, they finally got back to me and gave me an update to BR505R2, and Android Auto connects more consistently with my primary phone. Still didn't fix the problem where my backup phone outright refuse to start Android Auto wired or wireless, and the low power mode requiring a reboot to connect though, but at least now I don't need to force Android Auto to quit every time I start and stop my car.

Now I'm just thinking if I should get the upgraded iDrive controller, the base controller is a tad bit annoying to use.
Appreciate 0