F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Official Foodie Thread
Studio RSR

02-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #771
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

just had one of the most epic text battles with my wife about an hour ago about how BRUTALLY AWFUL her lunch was today.

last night she made some turkey burger patties so I could bring to lunch with me today.

well, she sent me to work this morning with two turkey burger patties and two wheat buns....

THAT BITCH !!!!!

how the fuck am I supposed to eat some goddamn turkey patties with some goddamn bread !??!

no lettuce, no tomatoes, no plain yogurt to put on my bread, no nothing !!!!

so, I improvised.

reached into my desk and pulled out two Wendy's Sweet and Sour cups and put that shit on my patties....

then, I crumbled up some Fat Free Pringles and put them on the patties also....

I ate that shit - felt like I was a prisoner.....she will pay tonight...

I will aggressively punch her V with my D......

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #772
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
LOL it was tough but it was still enjoyable

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #773
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Dinner today

Second one is a veal osso bucco with a marrow bone in the center.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #774
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

had some Argentinian Empanadas for lunch today.....

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #775
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
had some Argentinian Empanadas for lunch today.....

that looks like some good diet food
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #776
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #777
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
lol, yea, the kind where someone has fallen far off the wagon.
      02-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #778
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
There are 2 types of dieters I've seen in my life. Ones that publicly talk about it constantly but don't change, and ones that keep to themselves because they are making progress.
      02-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #779
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
There are 2 types of dieters I've seen in my life. Ones that publicly talk about it constantly but don't change, and ones that keep to themselves because they are making progress.
And what about people who eat what they want?
      02-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #780
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

those empanadas look bomb

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #781
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

kagaya (upscale shabu shabu) at little tokyo, downtown la.

Appetizers that preceded the main course. First appetizer is a lightly seared sea bass with shiitake mushrooms and chili flakes. Second appetizer is fish liver with sweet ponzu sauce with caviar and green onions

Main course was USDA prime ribeye beef with king crab legs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #782
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's my cheat day....

I've lost a total of 28lbs since Jan 13th.

I've lost 3lbs from 7 days ago....

all week I eat yogurts, bananas, turkey burgers, water, egg whites, tilapia, fruits, veggies, oatmeal, chicken breast, no salt, no mayo, no sweets, no cheese, no white bread, no flour tortillas, no rice, no ground beef and I only take in about 40g of sugar a day...

on Thursdays, I smash whatever the fuck I want and I STILL lose weight...

bam, bitches.....

from Jan 13th I was 305lbs - I'm down to 277....

deal with it.....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #783
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's my cheat day....

all week I eat yogurts, bananas, turkey burgers, water, egg whites, tilapia, fruits, veggies, oatmeal, chicken breast, no salt, no mayo, no sweets, no cheese, no white bread, no flour tortillas, no rice, no ground beef and I only take in about 40g of sugar a day...

bam, bitches.....

deal with it.....
good work dude, keep it up! cheat days are a love hate type thing for me. I love being able to eat anything i want but i hate how it cancels out my workout :/

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #784
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
it's my cheat day....

bam, bitches.....

deal with it.....
You must have big bones, you looked like you weigh around 240 in the old pics you posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #785
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
it's my cheat day....

bam, bitches.....

deal with it.....
Personally, I don't really care. You can do whatever you want.

It will be interesting to see what happens when you plateau though. Because you probably will; most people who start losing weight just by a "diet" usually plateau until they add some exercise in. That's why most "diets" usually fail. It takes a lifestyle change that lasts forever, not just a few months. People plateau, but don't wanna work out, then get mad that they aren't losing any weight (or start gaining a few pounds back), then fall off the wagon and gain it ALL back. The body adapts very well, and it will adapt to your huge calorie deficit eventually. Sometimes it only takes a month, sometimes a few, but I see people in my gym quit all the time. So don't think I am going after you specifically, I just see it every day with all sorts of people.

For me, I eat pretty much whatever I want (with portion control in mind) and do pretty well, I just get my ass off the couch... I also change my types/intensity of exercise randomly. After 2-3 months of one thing, I totally switch it up to something different. I like to keep my system guessing. I could be a lot better if I decided to eat clean, but I don't want to, so I'm not.
      02-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #786
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Some yummy Potstickers that I buy frozen from this local Chinese store. They are soooo tasty! I make a dipping sauce using aged soy sauce and shriracha.

02-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #787
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Personally, I don't really care. You can do whatever you want.

It will be interesting to see what happens when you plateau though. Because you probably will; most people who start losing weight just by a "diet" usually plateau until they add some exercise in. That's why most "diets" usually fail. It takes a lifestyle change that lasts forever, not just a few months. People plateau, but don't wanna work out, then get mad that they aren't losing any weight (or start gaining a few pounds back), then fall off the wagon and gain it ALL back. The body adapts very well, and it will adapt to your huge calorie deficit eventually. Sometimes it only takes a month, sometimes a few, but I see people in my gym quit all the time. So don't think I am going after you specifically, I just see it every day with all sorts of people.

For me, I eat pretty much whatever I want (with portion control in mind) and do pretty well, I just get my ass off the couch... I also change my types/intensity of exercise randomly. After 2-3 months of one thing, I totally switch it up to something different. I like to keep my system guessing. I could be a lot better if I decided to eat clean, but I don't want to, so I'm not.
It's easy for people who are obese or overweight to lose the weight. However, maintaining it is very difficult. After you've have lost your weight, the brain has a greater emotional response to food. Since the body has been overweight for a long period of time, the body now thinks this state is normal. So when a large amount of weight is lost, the body will think it's starving and work overtime to regain the lost pounds. This state can often last for more than six years. In other words, you'd have to be really regimented about your diet for a very long time.

The other crutch is that you'd have to eat less calories forever to maintain your weight versus the amount you ate before you became obese or overweight. For example:

I am 6 feet, weight 180 pounds and take in 2,500 a day. If I were to balloon up to 300 pounds and was at that weight for a good amount of time, then diet an drop back down to 180 again, do you think I can get away with eating 2,500 calories a day going forward to maintain that 180? Absolutely not because you have biologically altered your body by becoming obese or overweight. So in order to maintain the 180, I'd have take in 25% less calories going forward.

So I applaud the overweight and obese who can drop a lot of weight, and keep it off. Because you have to be incredibly disciplined.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #788
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

The wife is getting some NY cheesecake this evening.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #789
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
It's easy for people who are obese or overweight to lose the weight. However, maintaining it is very difficult. After you've have lost your weight, the brain has a greater emotional response to food. Since the body has been overweight for a long period of time, the body now thinks this state is normal. So when a large amount of weight is lost, the body will think it's starving and work overtime to regain the lost pounds. This state can often last for more than six years. In other words, you'd have to be really regimented about your diet for a very long time.

The other crutch is that you'd have to eat less calories forever to maintain your weight versus the amount you ate before you became obese or overweight. For example:

I am 6 feet, weight 180 pounds and take in 2,500 a day. If I were to balloon up to 300 pounds and was at that weight for a good amount of time, then diet an drop back down to 180 again, do you think I can get away with eating 2,500 calories a day going forward to maintain that 180? Absolutely not because you have biologically altered your body by becoming obese or overweight. So in order to maintain the 180, I'd have take in 25% less calories going forward.

So I applaud the overweight and obese who can drop a lot of weight, and keep it off. Because you have to be incredibly disciplined.
Agree 100%. One of my best friends in high school was pushing 300 pounds. Yep, in high school. He is now a solid 190. He still eats some junk food, but he really got into running and playing sports. I give him mad props for losing so much weight and keeping it off (he's been where he is for about 8 years now).
      02-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #790
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
You must have big bones, you looked like you weigh around 240 in the old pics you posted.
I've always been a short stocky guy.

I carry a lot of muscle under all this fat lol....

my calves are huge, my forearms are swol, my chest and shoulders are wide, etc...

I'm fat, but i'm not sloppy fat. I still have a fairly large gut but everyone has noticed my face thinning out. under all that gut and chest fat, i'm strong as fuck. sloppy fat is when fat people have cankles and their fat hangs over their elbows...I've never been that because I've been an athlete my whole life...

I think I just got "lazy fat" on top of my already short and stocky built body...

but now that I've lost almost 30lbs, I've started playing basketball with the neighborhood kids - these middle schoolers and freshman wear me out HAHA !!!! KIDS RUN !!!!

but I can only get better and I can only get lighter.....

by December, if I weigh anywhere near 215-220, it will be a dream come true.....that's what I weighed 7 years ago when I met my wife...
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #791
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Smoked wild boar spare ribs with blackberry juniper and balsamic glaze.

And then my go-to pasta again that I get 99% of the time I go here
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #792
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post

Smoked wild boar spare ribs with blackberry juniper and balsamic glaze.

And then my go-to pasta again that I get 99% of the time I go here
Where is this, along with the pics you posted two days ago? Sienna?
Appreciate 0