F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Considers Mexico Plant for 3 Series and 1 Series FWD Models Production
ARMA SPEED

10-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #199
StabPreflop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

FWD?? WTF!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #200
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Brazil it is: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...autonews-daily
      10-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #201
barney_stinson
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
I realize that past performance is not an accurate predictor of the future, but I have a 2003 Honda that was produced in Mexico that has been absolutely flawless over the past 9.5 years. At the time, Honda built this model in either Mexico or Japan, and the Japanese built models were much more highly desired by the cognoscenti due to concerns of build-quality in Mexico. From my experience, my Mexican-produced Honda has been absolutely brilliant with zero problems. (By contrast, my german-made VW was absolute rubbish in terms of quality and reliability.)
Keep in mind that the 3 series isn't exactly a hand-built vehicle; it is produced on what appears to be a mostly automated assembly line (at least on the production videos I've seen). It isn't like a bunch of 3rd-generation Bavarian craftsmen in pristine white lab coats are lovingly building the current 3 series from scratch in their family workshops. I know many will vehemently disagree, but I'm not too concerned with where my car is built as long as it is built to BMW standards. Especially if it results in a cheaper sticker price!
That's because it is a Honda, I have seen those things drive until the wheels fall off lol.
Appreciate 0