F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > DTM: BMW's Maxime Martin: An interview with the “Rookie of the Year”
GetBMWParts

09-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

DTM: BMW's Maxime Martin: An interview with the “Rookie of the Year”

Martin: An interview with the “Rookie of the Year”.

A strong debut season in the DTM: In only his fifth race in the series, BMW Team RMG driver Maxime Martin celebrated his first DTM victory and now he is already assured of the “Rookie of the Year” title.

DTM Sep 30, 2014, BMW-Motorsport

Maxime, congratulations on the ‘Rookie of the Year’ title. Did you reckon on such an impressive showing in your first season in the DTM?

Maxime Martin: “Honestly? Not really. I come from a GT and endurance background. The DTM was something completely different. I certainly did not reckon with this. My goal was to improve consistently over the course of the season. The win in Moscow was an absolute highlight. To win only the fifth race of my first season was awesome. It is a good feeling to be ‘Rookie of the Year’. You only have one opportunity to be the best rookie in a racing series. We won the Team Championship this weekend, Marco Wittmann secured the Drivers’ title at the Lausitzring, and I am ‘Rookie of the Year’ – that is excellent. We now want to win the Manufacturers’ Championship in Hockenheim.”

You touched on the success enjoyed by BMW Team RMG. Was this team the perfect environment for your debut season in the DTM?

Martin: “Yes, it was fantastic for me to have Marco as my team-mate. He was just extremely strong this season. I was able to learn a lot and saw how everything works. The cooperation with Marco and everyone in the team really helped me progress. It is always difficult to do everything right in your first year. Every circuit is new to me, and I had a lot to learn. However, I am now sixth in the championship, ‘Rookie of the Year’, and the second best-placed BMW driver – that shows that I have been consistent.”

It was always a dream of yours to drive in the DTM. How did that dream feel as a reality in 2014?

Martin: “It is still a dream to appear in this series. For me, it is the pinnacle of touring car racing. I have spent my entire career driving racing cars with roofs – never in single-seater cars or karts. For this reason, I never dreamed of Formula One, but always of the DTM. It was awesome to win a race. To actually race for BMW in the DTM, and to be successful, is almost even better than I ever imagined.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 09-30-2014 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
BCMgunner
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 - MG, DCT, Steel Brakes

Thanks for posting, really enjoy following DTM.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMgunner View Post
Thanks for posting, really enjoy following DTM.
No prob!
Too bad the season is almost over
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
Damon007
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

Thank you regarding publishing, revel in next DTM.
      10-23-2014, 02:48 AM   #5
bz0098
Registered
Rep
Drives: bz0098

Thanks for posting, really enjoy following DTM
nice and wonderful..... DTM
Appreciate 0