F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > "Welcome to our BMW Dealership just don't waste our time"
ARMA SPEED

02-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Thumbs down "Welcome to our BMW Dealership just don't waste our time"

So I just wanted to share my piss poor experience with a BMW Dealership rep today.

Just a little backstory first of all.

* December I visited the dealership with my dad & spoke to Rep A about a new/used bmw 135i, they had a demonstrator for sale which was not bad but we decided to put the purchase off a little to think on it a little.

* January we got back from holiday, I called to try seal the deal on the black one but they said it had sold the DAY BEFORE

* mid january we visited the dealership briefly for about 5 minutes & left, spoke to no-one

* End of january about 1 week ago, we went to the dealership and spoke with Rep B regarding a 135i.. He said they had one white 135i available, gave me a specsheet on that and a bmw 530i which I thought my dad might consider..

* Today we go into the dealership with me my dad AND my mum pretty much to try seal the deal on the 135i white.

Don't see Rep B, and rep A was with a customer, so spoke to Rep C.

He says the white 135i sold, none left in the COUNTRY, closest is an ordered one for June/July delivery.

So naturally I'm getting impatient. I've been over 2 months without a car, and explain to him my run of bad luck so far. I inquire about the new 320i sedan, he says they have a black one available and gives me a price/spec printout. I ask about 3 coupe he said they have none.

I then say hey what about 123d coupe. He says he's not sure then I say well can you check and tell me what you have. He turns to walk back to the dealership to do it then he turns back around and says. well hangon what do you really want? My colleague says you came in the other day and did the same thing looked at a lot of different cars. You know we get paid by the hour (wtf??) so basically you know my advice is that if you spend an hour with one rep and you get his card next time you wanna come in just give him a call and talk to them rather than talking to someone new everytime.

Couldn't believe it.. I've had better customer service at toyota..

I said listen if you guys dont have the car I want of course I'm going to at least CONSIDER other options when its between that or waiting FIVE MONTHS for the car I wanted originally.

I come into the dealership asking for a model of car, and you tell me my only option is one in a colour which i don't want & doesnt have the options I want, so of course I have to go away and think about it which is what I've done this week and now I'm back here telling you I'm prepared to buy it and you're telling me its sold.

He said yeah well best thing is to just narrow down what you want cause you gotta decide and then come in and we can sort something out for you.

Pretty much left it at that.

In Conclusion
Shitbox customer service & car availability

Thanks BMW New Zealand
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
SLV335I
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335I 6MT

You should only talk to one sales person unless you had a problem with them.
1994 Supra TT (Sold)
1994 RX7 TT (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep

Once again for you and anyone else who missed it.

Every time we visited, the salesperson we previously spoke with, was either not there or in todays case, with another customer.

Don't expect us to wait around. Our time isn't any less valuable than theirs.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
Invester
Rep
Drives: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post

Every time we visited, the salesperson we previously spoke with, was either not there or in todays case, with another customer.

doesnt matter dude, you get an appointment.

You stay loyal to the person who spent hours of time helping you in the first time, not running a circus at the dealership.

Its not fair to him.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV335I View Post
You should only talk to one sales person unless you had a problem with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invester View Post
doesnt matter dude, you get an appointment.

You stay loyal to the person who spent hours of time helping you in the first time, not running a circus at the dealership.

Its not fair to him.
I can understand that it's bitter to accept, but I'm gonna have to agree with these guys.

I know a dealership can be a bit rude sometimes, but it's best to keep it professional & organized by making an appointment in advance.

Don't stress over it though. I wish you better luck next time, my friend.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Yeah I would call ahead and make sure he's in. I would ask the receptionist to page him and if he's busy/with a customer, I'd wait for him. If it's going to take a while the CA usually split the deal with someone else and ask them to help you out. Sounds like you should go elsewhere and start over.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 05:44 AM   #7
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Wow, so now on top of spending thousands of dollars we have to bend over backwards to have the priveledge to do so? The salesman told the OP that they were paid hourly which to me says they're not being paid a commission so who cares who they talk to? I'm not going to rearrange my schedule just to convenience the salesman. He's there to make money for the dealership by servicing the customer. The dealership doesn't care WHO sells the car as long as it gets sold. If he went in looking for the first saleman and he was busy then the salesman should have taken 30 seconds from the customer he was with and talked to the OP personally and either handed off or told him how long he'd be and asked if OP wanted to wait for him to free up.

I spent quite a while in commissioned retail and I'll tell you the best way to lose a customer is by doing what this dealership is doing.

At the end of the day, the dealer needs the customer, not the other way around.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #8
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

another dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90

i would not shop at a place that treats customers that way. that is just piss poor service.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #10
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

op,

Sounds like nothing of consequence went down.

Rep told you to know what you want, or pester the same guy instead of leading everyone around and not buying things, time and time again.
- fair opinion on the rep's part

You didn't feel like waiting around for people and just used the next available rep.
- fair opinion on your part

I don't see any reason to be upset about anything.

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

go to a different dealership
      02-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #12
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

One of the things I hate is poor customer service. If you want me to spend my money at your store, you had better treat me well. Otherwise someone else will. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
op,

Sounds like nothing of consequence went down.

Rep told you to know what you want, or pester the same guy instead of leading everyone around and not buying things, time and time again.
- fair opinion on the rep's part

You didn't feel like waiting around for people and just used the next available rep.
- fair opinion on your part

I don't see any reason to be upset about anything.

-scheherazade
+1 Don't see what the OP is that upset about..!!??
      02-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
+1 Don't see what the OP is that upset about..!!??
He wants everyone at the dealership to bend over backwards for him, so he can continually waste their time.
      02-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

I have to agree with everyone here. Doesn't sound like anything of consequence went down. In addition, I have to partially back the dealership here. "I want a 135, no maybe a 3 series, wait maybe a 5 series." It is ok to have second thoughts and reconsider, but seriously, don't say you are ready to buy and only want certain options when they are all over the board.

Working with one hourly rep would also give them the ability to find out what is within you "specification", which at this point, sounds like a white bmw with certain options, and then he can call you when its available.

I find it a little ridiculous that you got mad they sold a vehicle the day before you arrived.....HOW DARE THEY!!!

Good luck in your quest for the car you want, but try to relax, I dont see what the big deal is.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #16
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:

That's why you call and make an appointment with them... No disrespect, but that is the best way to go about buying a car after the intial meet and greet.

I dont agree 100% with what the dealer did, but at the end of the day, you "wasted" or "appeared to wasted" a lot of peoples time beating around the bush. I understand that you might have been trying to work with them, seeking other options, but that just confuses most dealers as most buying signals are not inconsistancy's which you had a lot of.

Seek another dealer regardless... their antics are a little rediculous in themselves.

(and make an appointment).
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #17
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep

Cheers for the feedback

To clarify, the last time I checked my pulse is today & was yesterday, normal.
I'm not freaking out here.
Just felt like sharing a poor experience with a dealership.

To clarify for all those above, I've only spent about 50 minutes in total with all 3 reps.
I'm not a time waster. I have the money and I'm ready to buy.

First time I went, all they had was a demo car which didn't have the options I wanted, so I waited till we came back from holiday

Then when I called, they had sold that one which I was prepared to buy at that stage, and fyi I wasn't angry at the dealership. I was just thinkin dam missed out!

Next time I went in the first rep wasnt there so I talked to whoever was there.

I really can't get over the people here saying "CALL MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!"

Dude I couldn't care less who sells the car to me.
All I wanna know at any point in time is what cars do they have available so I can evaluate my options.

It is not my fault they don't have the car that i want
When you go to an ice cream shop and ask for a flavour, and they say no sorry we ran out.
Do you say "okay ill order it and come back in 5 months"
lol?

I am terribly sorry for being the guy who starts looking at the other flavours.
I realise how much of an inconvenience it is forcing customer service reps.. to provide customer service
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #18
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Make an appointment and order a car. It is how it works.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #19
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

I guess the cars on the lot are just for decoration.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #20
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Lesson learned don't buy cars in New Zealand shitty customer service.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #21
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

Quote:
Dude I couldn't care less who sells the car to me.
This is clear to both you and the dealership.

Oh..make an appointment so you stop coming across as a tire kicker.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #22
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

It's just miscommunication. The guy thought you were messing them around because you were asking about the 135i, 3 Sedan and coupe, 5 series etc. It would have appeared that way to him. You should have just told him you arent messing them around and tell him you are without a car right now so you are looking at different options.

About the appointment thing, its the best way but not necessary all the time. I kinda see where you are coming from OP, but if you both look at eachother's perspective it's really just miscommunication. I think the guy would take back what he said if he knew your circumstances and you werent actually messing them around.