F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > A Friendly Reminder
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

12-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
A Friendly Reminder

Dear Moderators,

I have great respect for any forum moderators regardless of the topic or industry. In my opinion, the forum moderators are the governing authority and are directly responsible for the well being of the forum online communities. Having served as a paid forum moderator for 2 years myself, I do indeed realize how difficult your job can sometimes be.

Let me send you a friendly reminder that the most important resource of ANY online forum is the user base. Without users, it will be very difficult to attract forum sponsors who actually pay for your hosting, site maintenance, updates, and of course some of your income. Forum users are your gold mine because we generate your clicks, page views, ad displays etc etc etc.

Forums moderators should attempt to be as impartial as humanly possible and their intervention should be as transparent as possible. Blatantly deleting user comments and threads without even giving the courtesy of letting the users know what they did wrong will only serve the purpose of aggravating the user body. If the moderators of this forum manage to push the users too much, the users will slowly begin to leave this forum and the popularity will drop.

Forum moderators should act more like shepherds, guiding the "lost sheep" into the right direction, while at the same time prevent total chaos that some "stray wolves" attempt to do by enforcing the forum rules we all agreed during sign up. I realize this is fine line and not an easy task.

Please, I beg of you: put a lid on the reckless post deletion! Please, do try to inform the offending users why their posts are being deleted/edited. It is for the good of the community and for the good of the forum.

Thank you very much for your time and I sincerely apologize for not posting this into the Suggestions forum where it belongs. I was simply trying to get the attention of the Turbo forum moderators.

Vasil
      12-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Vasil,

I appreciate your taking the time to post this "friendly reminder." As a mod for a forum, you might know that there are several reasons why people don't get notified of their posts being deleted, for example running out of time in the heat of the moment, or knowing that even a friendly PM explaining an action won't be good enough.

Again, thanks for sharing your opinion, it's been noted.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Your post in the FI forum was deleted because it was off-topic and contributed nothing but to potentially incite another tuner vs. tuner.
It's pretty clear why this post of yours would be deleted from a thread that has nothing to do with GIAC, without need for further explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov

Its funny how a vast number of users here gave a cold shoulder when GIAC announced their entry into the N54 market. Some went even above and beyond and claimed that they won't get anything decent out. It's because GIAC deals with nothing else but German cars.

Here comes a tuner that caters to the "boy racer" market of Subaru, Mitsu and Masda and everyone is ecstatic!
So, as a paid forum moderator for 2 years yourself, I am surprised you would post something like this if you indeed realize how difficult it is to keep order, especially in the FI forum when it comes to tuner vs. tuner issues. Yet you saw fit to try to start something regarding another tune/tuner.

And your posts in the HPF exhaust thread were removed along with a whole bunch of other posts which directly discussed pricing because the commercial (pricing) info was removed from the first post, which HPF acknowledged was a mistake in the first place.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread