F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Good Samaritans Lift Fiery 5-Series Off Trapped Motorcyclist
Studio RSR

09-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #45
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrito007 View Post
you sure bout that toronto?
ALLLLLLL city duty personnel, i mean ALL, including cops, teachers etc... must be trained to be certified for CPR.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #46
littleyellowm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E90 M3

First things first. You dont perform CPR unless there are no vital sign. You guys make it seem like you think CPR is something you do to a simply unconscious person. The point of CPR is to keep blood flowing through manual compression of the chest once a heart has stopped. If you look at the video carefully, he is definitely breathing. You dont just jump on an unconscious person and start slamming on their chest.

Secondly, cars dont explode like they do in the movies.

Thirdly, the cops jobs are to secure the scene and call for EMT. Unless the person NEEDS cpr, there is little they can do, and dont want to risk further injury.

Remember you are only seeing a really short snippet of time after he is pulled out, and a very narrow shot. Its hard to judge people by that.

Lastly, yes, the suit is a douche, and the girl is hot.

The original user of the animated Bert and Ernie avatar. Except no substitutes.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #47
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philritter21 View Post
First things first. You dont perform CPR unless there are no vital sign.
true. but Cops should have checked his pulse...And none of that was shown on the video, and we don't know if they did or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #48
RevsPlease
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i, Black Saphire

Garage List
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [10.00]
I'm not sure it could be an 03'. If you take a close look at the steering wheel, it has controls for audio. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you could get that in an 03. I have premium package with navi on my 03 and I don't have those buttons.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #49
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
http://www.usustatesman.com/heroes-l...2#.TngeSaN5mK0

Guy in the suit is the BMW driver, John Johnson, staff in the University of Utah
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #50
Penso di no
lapsed
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
I read a long while ago that most bike casualties were caused by hitting their heads on the windshield/roof. If that's true then laying the bike down seems like it was his best bet although nothing smart about not wearing a helmet...
You know, I'm just not convinced by something you read long ago. Stopping before contact is always preferable to sliding full speed into (or under) a moving vehicle (or other object). I learned this in (more than one) motorcycle training course, taught by professional riders and trainers. As it turns out, most bike casualties are caused by lack of awareness, either by the motorcyclist or by another driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Here's my take: If you're riding a motorcycle, even if you're wearing a helmet and know everything about motorcycle safety, you are still VERY succeptable to injury and death regardless. I will never ride one, period. I like having 4 wheels and a steel frame around me going 80mph personally. I dunno why you guys are griping over what to do or not to do during a motorcycle accident. 90% of the time if ur on the cycle, ur fucked anyways, period. There is no "school taught" knowledge on how to not freak the fuck out during a split second action played during driving on a motorcycle.
Actually, there is "school taught" knowledge on this. Northwest Motorcycle School is one course taught by the former trainer for the King County (WA) Sheriffs department motor officers. This highly recommended training is taught 90% on-bike, and includes learning and practicing split-second maneuvers and decisions at speed. Unfortunately, many motorcyclist don't even know the proper way to do emergency stops, and even those who do have to practice often to keep the muscle memory for those situations.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #51
littleyellowm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
true. but Cops should have checked his pulse...And none of that was shown on the video, and we don't know if they did or not.
Well look at the video. Even from that far away, and on a computer screen, you can see him breathing. Thats a vital sign, and a good indicator for heart function.

The original user of the animated Bert and Ernie avatar. Except no substitutes.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #52
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/09/hey-e...er/#more-98408

"One guy, a man who shall forever be known as the “Guy in the Suit,” was standing around and watching. Actually, the Guy in the Suit took a break from standing around to LEAN ON THE CAR that a man was trapped under. Is this guy the worst human being on the planet, or what?"

"i’m the guy inthe suit….a guy came running to me and said he needed a lawyer and handed me five dollars so i was hired… once he hired me i coundt be apart of the rescue and as advice to my client he would be better money wise if he died. so i did nothing cause it was my job to help my client."