BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #155
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

On the highway doing 80 with the flow because there was an undercover up front. Suddenly I see this gray little car, guess it was a focus. It was nicely modified. The guy literally was inches from my back bumper but I wasn't holding him. All 3 lanes were packed. I kept calm and the guy started to swirl from side to side. I thought this was a good opportunity to try to do something I had always thought of. I changed lanes to the right and the guy followed. Then again to the left. I saw there was room in front of me so I pretended a mistake by going to the left. The guy just gassed it and drove on the right side of the undercover. I think he noticed the guy but it was too late. Seconds after ..... light on and pulled over. What a DB!!!!
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #156
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJSM5 View Post
Had a Nissan cube (slammed) pull up to me.. - in hind sight I probably shouldn't have even done this...
2 years with the M3 have taught me that the M3 gets no face respect from 98% of people out there. Corvettes that could not keep up with an M3 never gets harrassed by a pickup truck or a ford fusion the way they think they can challenge an M3 and even all the while thinking they're legitimate. You get basic altima S and family SUVs, ford fusions doing this.

So the M3 is a real sleeper car. Honestly, i don't like that, i know that after my factory warranty expires i'm going to let the venom side of the car more apparent with some mods on it and maybe SC. So that maybe the above idiots will leave me alone.

Last edited by Rajmun340; 11-12-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 06:41 PM   #157
MTrezzz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lime Rock Edition

NY Belt Park Way

- G35, G37..... Took them with only one gear (3rd) Lmao.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #158
Rajmun340
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrezzz View Post
NY Belt Park Way

It's true the M3 third gear is a killer to other cars. Sky high redline means acceleration never lets go it feels like a jet at take off.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #159
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
2 years with the M3 have taught me that the M3 gets no face respect from 98% of people out there. Corvettes that could not keep up with an M3 never gets harrassed by a pickup truck or a ford fusion the way they think they can challenge an M3 and even all the while thinking they're legitimate. You get basic altima S and family SUVs, ford fusions doing this.

So the M3 is a real sleeper car. Honestly, i don't like that, i know that after my factory warranty expires i'm going to let the venom side of the car more apparent with some mods on it and maybe SC. So that maybe the above idiots will leave me alone.
American market knows about American cars. There is a very small crowd that know about the German market. So when you are ignorant you try to prove your point. Basically they think it's a 4 or 6 in line motor with big ass tires. M3s are special in every way. Leave them and live.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #160
BRBM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrezzz View Post
NY Belt Park Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
It's true the M3 third gear is a killer to other cars. Sky high redline means acceleration never lets go it feels like a jet at take off.
Oh, okay. Nice to know about that 3rd gear in the - my favorite - E9x M3 (for when I get mine). Same in the C63........3rd is the insane city-driving gear; takes you all the way up to 94 mph with some pretty intense and pronounced acceleration/deceleration.

But what about 4th and 5th for your M3s? How do they do on the interstates? I'm curious.

Those are my don't f--- with me highway ratios - and for overtaking, of course.....up to 131 in 4th and to the 155 (alleged) MPH limiter in 5th with hard accel & decel, too. (Goes well into the 160s, probably higher; will try again one day. )

Not to mention, like the M3, even up close only car nuts seem to know I'm more than your average C-class. 'Til they hear the quad exhausts as their suped-up Civic rapidly gets smoked and the baby Benz disappears down the road.

Last, but not least......yes, quite the idiotic move for those Infinitis. Even I know not to try some dumb sh-- like that, packing all of 280/270 in hp & torque in the G35. G37 ain't much doing better; a few ticks faster, tops.

But when will they learn? Ms and AMGs are built to destroy virtually all challengers.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #161
Rajmun340
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
American market knows about American cars. There is a very small crowd that know about the German market. So when you are ignorant you try to prove your point. Basically they think it's a 4 or 6 in line motor with big ass tires. M3s are special in every way. Leave them and live.
I think it's like you said. But i swear they think that the quadpipes are just bling and the fat tires just for pretense also. Those ignorants want to teach a lill' 3 series beemer a lesson. They always get a huge surprise by the result. But some of them are so goddam stupid they think that after you immediately slow down to avoid a ticket that it's because they were able to catch up. At the end they still think you probably heavily modified the car, they don't know nothing.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #162
Rajmun340
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3noobie View Post
Lots of G35/37 and WRX wanted to beat me. If I am not driving with someone in the car, I would entertain them a bit. Still I would never drive too close to the car in front of me or squeeze in between 2 cars.

Love my ///M too much to let my bumper suffers all the rock blast/chip by driving too close. Never worth it.
I find it too risky to "entertain" worthless cars (or semi-exotics), it is really not worth the odd of a trooper car or cop being somewhere ahead waiting, a 1/32 chance I'll say. It's why the m3 being a sleeper car is frustrating, not many people know enough about it to give it due respect, after the 100th time of worthless car bamboozling dangerously to try to proove their ignorance it's when i realize it would be better to have a semi-exotic that clearly show it's breed that even ignorants would know better than to charge.
How many SUV and truck you see trying to prove an ignorant point and their suspension goes all over the place almost in a ditch when you let them go, it's pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #163
p-lethal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Le Mans Blue

i don't want to say "worthless" but today on the way to work an older gentlemen in an S4 convertible was being extremely cocky on the interstate and decided to ride my bumper while weaving back in forth in our lane. My car was nice and warmed up so I downshifted and let my exhaust scream at him for a few seconds with a few bitch slaps in between and by the look on his face he might have even tasted it a little bit. I usually respect my elders but not today

2011 BMW M3 Le Mans Blue - mOBridge DA1 \ Helix DSP Pro \ HAT Legatia L4SE Carbon \ HAT L1 Pro R2 \ HAT Clarus C10SW-D2 (2) \ Jehnert XE200 \ Hertz HDP1 \ Hertz HDP 4 \ Hertz HCP 2
Appreciate 0