F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2014 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix
proTUNING Freaks

11-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #23
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Are you not posting all the fabulous pics any more? I always look forward to the many wonderful pictures posted in the F1 thread here.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #24
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I just read this, sounds pretty interesting:

Formula 1 is testing a 'virtual safety car'
By Jon Fingas posted Nov 02, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Safety vehicles are sometimes as dangerous to racing drivers as actual competition -- Formula 1 driver Jules Bianchi recently crashed into a recovery tractor sent out for an earlier accident, for instance. They may be less of an unintentional threat if a virtual safety car (VSC) trial at the US Grand Prix pans out. Instead of using a lead car to slow things down during yellow flags, the system relies on dashboard displays that tell racers to stay under a given speed limit; they face penalties if they go over. The technology is only being used in practice sessions this weekend, but the FIA is working with teams to determine just when VSC is viable for honest-to-goodness races.

That may take some time. While VSC is tentatively a success, some drivers are complaining that it's too difficult. They spend a lot of time staring at their dashboards rather than the road ahead, and they have to manage speed very carefully if they want to keep up when race organizers give the all-clear. Even so, the dash-based limit might be worth the hassles if it prevents one collision from leading to another.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #25
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Are you not posting all the fabulous pics any more? I always look forward to the many wonderful pictures posted in the F1 thread here.
+2!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #26
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
+2!!!!
Let's rekindle the tradition with the Austin/USGP Paddock Girls and females of the circuit

This is the door to my house:

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #27
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #28
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Rosberg has no hunger!!!

Does the guy have a spine??!! Talk about rolling over! That was pretty pathetic. I know LH is a better driver but NR looked like he couldn't even begin to put up a fight.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #29
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
The race was awesome, not sure how it was on tv but in person it was spectacular, can't wait for next year
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #30
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
The race was awesome, not sure how it was on tv but in person it was spectacular, can't wait for next year
It was pretty good racing up and down the field.
On race day, LH just have NR covered all the time. This season NR has never won over LH on wheel to wheel battle. If my memory serves me right, When Nico won 1-2 or 1-3 over Hamilton, Lewis was either starts at P6 or behind, or even from the pitlane and had to salvage the race from mistakes or problems during qualifying.

Now both they got two DNFs during race, but Hamilton got more problems during qualifying and had to salvage the race weekend.

Can't wait to see LH win the championship this season. There's no "but", "what if", or it was because of other's unfortunates. So far Hamilton got all the obstacles in front and he handled "alright". He made his talking on the track and very convincing IMO so far.

Today, I think star of the race will be Daniel Riccairdo. That was great overtaking on Alonso and Massa or Bottas i forgot. And the Red Bull plus the Williams kept the mercedes honest. Even force Nico and Lewis to slightly alter their second pit stop and final stint strategy.
      11-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #31
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
It was pretty good racing up and down the field.
On race day, LH just have NR covered all the time. This season NR has never won over LH on wheel to wheel battle. If my memory serves me right, When Nico won 1-2 or 1-3 over Hamilton, Lewis was either starts at P6 or behind, or even from the pitlane and had to salvage the race from mistakes or problems during qualifying.

Now both they got two DNFs during race, but Hamilton got more problems during qualifying and had to salvage the race weekend.

Can't wait to see LH win the championship this season. There's no "but", "what if", or it was because of other's unfortunates. So far Hamilton got all the obstacles in front and he handled "alright". He made his talking on the track and very convincing IMO so far.

Today, I think star of the race will be Daniel Riccairdo. That was great overtaking on Alonso and Massa or Bottas i forgot. And the Red Bull plus the Williams kept the mercedes honest. Even force Nico and Lewis to slightly alter their second pit stop and final stint strategy.

Yea RIC pass over Massa was great, he is a star in the making. Just don't know about the facial hair he chose for this weekend

Alonso had some great battles as well
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #32
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Let's rekindle the tradition with the Austin/USGP Paddock Girls and females of the circuit

Perfect shot from the right angle...
Again THX for sharing my friend !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #33
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Perfect shot from the right angle...
Again THX for sharing my friend !
LOL here's more just for you

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #34
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
LOL here's more just for you
You are the man !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #35
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
You are the man !

So, as we know, Marussia and Caterham were out for COTA and it was the intention for them to be out for the rest of the year.
Apparently Sauber, Lotus, Force India were also complaining a LOT and threatened to not race as well.
According to Gerard Lopez from Lotus, the smaller teams are set to receive a "base payment" to help alleviate some of the issue around finances.

I don't think this will solve the issue but perhaps it's a step in the right direction. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this development!

Whatever they do, please please no 3-car teams!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #36
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
As far as I can remember, teams are allowed to be absent up to three races one season.
But back in the days when there's more than 15 teams and 30+ cars for qualifying and even "pre-qualifying". If you kinda tight on wallet, you're out immediately.

How times have changed.
      11-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #37
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
As far as I can remember, teams are allowed to be absent up to three races one season.
But back in the days when there's more than 15 teams and 30+ cars for qualifying and even "pre-qualifying". If you kinda tight on wallet, you're out immediately.

How times have changed.
There is a clause that allows for up to 3 races that can be missed, 100% agree with that.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #38
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

FIA declares Perez 'reckless,' hands him a 7-Place grid penalty for Brazil.

FIA; " "The driver of car No. 11 (Perez) could not reasonably have expected to complete the manoeuvre. His collision with car No. 99 (Sutil) was reckless."
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #39
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
FIA declares Perez 'reckless,' hands him a 7-Place grid penalty for Brazil.

FIA; " "The driver of car No. 11 (Perez) could not reasonably have expected to complete the manoeuvre. His collision with car No. 99 (Sutil) was reckless."
What a shame by Perez. He had so much support from the Mexican fans this week. During the Fan Forum, every time someone would ask question, the Mexican fans would start chanting "Checo, checo, checo"

And poor Sutil. He's actually a good driver, but he just has the worse luck. Still will never forget when the Ferrari crashed into him at Monaco a few years ago after he had such an outstanding drive. His gf is pretty cute too
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #40
JeffM-Houston
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - White/Sakir

The actual F1 race was pretty boring and went something like this.

Green flag drops
Mercedes factory cars drive away into the sunset
Other drivers don't even see the Merc's until the trophy presentation

Actually there was decent racing going on in the 6-10 spots, but nothing too exciting up front, just a couple of Merc's driving on their own.

The Ferrari challenge race Sunday was a complete waste, not a single lap completed. A wreck on the first lap, the pitiful cleanup time wasted about 4 laps, then another spin on the next fast lap. More really slow cleanup and finished under caution. So out of the total 25 minute/10 lap race perhaps 1 1/2-minutes were with the cars at racing speed. The 458's do sound really good though, even when they are just parading around the track. I was in a suite on turn 2 where both accidents happened.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #41
Exist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/com..._usgp_drivers/
      11-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #42
Terry989
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM-Houston View Post
The actual F1 race was pretty boring - - -
That's been my feeling all season. The best season in recent years was 2012 when we had seven different winners in the first seven races of the season representing five different constructors.

The changes this year were to suppose to mix things up again (and introduce some new technology), but it has had the opposite effect. The Mercedes team consistently pulls out 1 sec per lap faster than the next fastest cars. Even the TV coverage usually focuses more on the mid-pack where all of the real racing is taking place since it is no longer at the front of the race.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #43
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Another snoozefest. Thank goodness for fast forward so I can watch the "race" in under 15 minutes. F1 is horribad, I can't see myself sitting through a full race ever again with this format.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:32 AM   #44
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

At least Perez got a well deserved grid penalty for that stupid move, while all Vergne got a measly 5 sec time penalty for barging Roman off the track (damaging his steering apparently), A shame for Roman who was having a great race but even worse for the Sauber driver Sutil who had hopes of their first point this season - which would have been worth $Millions to them.
The Renault guys seemed to have gained ground on the Mercedes, Ricciardo only 25 secs behind and even the Loti seemed to be looking a bit frisky.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 11-04-2014 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0