F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grande Prêmio Petrobras Do Brasil 2014
proTUNING Freaks

11-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #45
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

I fell asleep on the couch, I think on the lap after HAM spun out and then pitted, and woke up 7 laps before the checkered flag. Didn't feel I missed much... sleep
      11-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #46
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Hopefully the final race will be more exciting than this one. It will be interesting to see if the pressure to win the last race for the championship will affect either or both Mercedes drivers. I might want to stay clear of that fray since it's entirely possible that they could take each other accidentally or otherwise.
      11-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #47
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
I fell asleep on the couch, I think on the lap after HAM spun out and then pitted, and woke up 7 laps before the checkered flag. Didn't feel I missed much... sleep
You didn't, another snooze fest "race". Thank goodness for 4x speed fast forward on my cable box after recording. It allows me to watch the "race" at 4x speed, but I can still see if anything interesting happens. Of course, it never does so the "races" only take me about 20 minutes now. I generally check my email and pay bills at the same time so that 20 minutes isn't completely wasted.

I was really, really hoping it was going to rain like crazy for the race, as then it might have actually been interesting to watch.

F1 is so awful now. Seeing the pictures in this thread of all those ridiculous front wings tells you all you need to know about why it sucks. Get those damned wings off the car!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #48
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Yup, there were more tension than excitement and action. Not often in Brazil, thanks to the warmer temperature (hottest in like a decade), and new tarmac surface.
      11-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Hopefully the final race will be more exciting than this one. It will be interesting to see if the pressure to win the last race for the championship will affect either or both Mercedes drivers. I might want to stay clear of that fray since it's entirely possible that they could take each other accidentally or otherwise.
Unfortunately, you're talking about Abu Dhabi. Which I don't really recall there were any exciting races. Although 2010 was a tight fight between Alonso and Vettel, but not much great races going on.
      11-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #50
yllwwgn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Location: Milky Way, Earth, North America, Arizona more specifically.

The 2014 season hasn't been nearly as bad as some of the seasons where Schumacher simply DOMINATED, and there was almost no point in watching the races... a child could have predicted the winner of those race IMO.

Now the fact that Mercedes has ran away from the competition this year, very true, but at least it's a battle between 2 drivers, and not a single-driver monopoly.

Do the cars sound like crap? Well after so many years of 18k rpm V12s, V10s, and V8s.... YES I get the fact that the technology is amazing, but I don't care... they sound like higher revving open wheel Priuses with 10x more power... BOO!

Rosberg comes across as a silver-spoon baby to me... he should stick to playing polo and eating caviar. At leat Hamilton seems to have "fun" and enjoys himself out there... he seems like a HUMAN BEING, which is evidenced by his intraction with the population outisde of the F1 community as well.

The DOUBLE POINTS thing... yeah, stupid. Let's just hope Hamilton wins this season, and we get to see more stars like Bottas emerge in 2015.

"Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak".
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #51
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
I guess I'm of a different opinion than most of you guys. I rather enjoyed this season in relation to what we've seen in recent years. Yes, it's been dominated by one team, but at least there were/are two drivers fighting for the title. I'm glad to see Williams back on top and that there's a good amount of competition behind the two front-runners. Is it one of the best seasons? No, but it's kept me interested enough to see it through the entire year.

All politics and lame rules aside, I'm eagerly anticipating who wins in Abu Dhabi and can't wait until Honda joins the fray in 2015.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #52
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwwgn View Post
Rosberg comes across as a silver-spoon baby to me... he should stick to playing polo and eating caviar.
That would be a waste, as he happens to be one of a handful of top F1 drivers in the world. Everyone's entitled to decide who to root for, but for me, it all comes down to talent, I don't go for the "nice guy" thing. And even if I did, I'd say that Hamilton's attitude on the team radio disqualifies him from that.

As for the season, it's a shame that another team didn't make-up some ground on Mercedes during the year, as happened with Brawn, McLaren, and Red Bull in the past. But it has been a rarity in modern F1 to see a rivalry like this.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #53
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

If both Rosberg and Hamilton were to DNF (0 points to either driver), is anyone else close enough to take the title with the double points for the win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #54
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
If both Rosberg and Hamilton were to DNF (0 points to either driver), is anyone else close enough to take the title with the double points for the win?
No, Ricciardo is in 3rd and he's 103 points off of Rosberg's 317. Mercedes is already guaranteed the the Driver's title as well, just a matter of which driver. If both Mercedes drivers have DNF's then pretty much the driver's championship stays the same as it is now.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #55
five_timer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9TOU View Post
No, Ricciardo is in 3rd and he's 103 points off of Rosberg's 317. Mercedes is already guaranteed the the Driver's title as well, just a matter of which driver. If both Mercedes drivers have DNF's then pretty much the driver's championship stays the same as it is now.
And if I have my math correct, Hamilton does not have to beat Rosberg for the title, as he's 17 ahead and a loss by one position will give Rosberg 7x2 = 14, not enough. So Hamilton would have to lose by more than one position.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #56
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I haven't had a chance to watch F1 that often , because I do not have a cable. I do follow the news every week.

I did watch all the F1 races on NBC this year. I just wish they have more "onboard" footage like they use to.

Going back to Nico vs Lewis deal.....
I would rather see Nico winning the title over Lewis.
Didn't Lewis had problems with Alonzo and Button when he was in McLaren?
      11-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #57
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

I'd be OK with Rosberg winning the championship if he hadn't pulled his dirty pool moves earlier in the year. He wouldn't have earned it if he does win it.

Hamilton on the other hand, if he wins, it'll be a hard won, worked for win.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #58
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Didn't Lewis had problems with Alonzo and Button when he was in McLaren?
Well Alonso certainly had a problem with Hamilton...he didn't like the fact that a rookie turned up in F1 and got the better of him despite never having turned a wheel in an F1 car at most any of the tracks. Alonso wanted Ron Dennis to give him preference over Hamilton and make him the #1 driver at McLaren, Ron declined so Alonso initiated Ferrarigate.
Button describes his three years with Hamilton as the best and most fun time of his career.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #59
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
The most I can remember when Hamilton has a problem with Button is about some twitter or Facebook thing. oh the drama...
      11-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #60
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
And if I have my math correct, Hamilton does not have to beat Rosberg for the title, as he's 17 ahead and a loss by one position will give Rosberg 7x2 = 14, not enough. So Hamilton would have to lose by more than one position.
i believe you are correct

it would serve them right to have a Merc processional 1NR, 2LH with no drama to reinforce the idiocy of this last race double points system
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #61
five_timer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
it would serve them right to have a Merc processional 1NR, 2LH with no drama to reinforce the idiocy of this last race double points system
+1

If they really want to use a points system to create drama, how about this: Bernie picks a race to be double points, but doesn't reveal which one until the end of the season. Or better yet, a field of former F1 drivers participate in an exhibition race, where each car is numbered from 1 - 20. The winner's car number designates which race is double points.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #62
dim635csi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG F82 M4 ZCP

Massa: “I just made a mistake, they moved our garage for this race, with the sun, I saw the silver, thought it was white. I’m not trying to go to McLaren, honestly it was just a mistake.”

http://richlandf1.com/?p=30798
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #63
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

In the history of F1, drivers who have scored 8 or more victories have all gone on to win the championship. Embarrassing for F1 to have a false champion. Bernie is really hoping double points doesn't f*ck this up. Double points will be gone after this season. Single dumbest rule ever implemented in F1.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #64
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

I still think Lewis should "accidentally" run into Nico in the first turn. Taking them both out of the race. Same as Aryton in 1990.

Team championship is wrapped up. Nothing to lose there.

Only way to truly nullify the double points race. Lewis still owes Nico one anyways, karma's a b*tch.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #65
five_timer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I still think Lewis should "accidentally" run into Nico in the first turn. Taking them both out of the race. Same as Aryton in 1990.
Didn't Schumacher do that to Villeneuve in 94 or thereabouts?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #66
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
Didn't Schumacher do that to Villeneuve in 94 or thereabouts?
I believe he tried to do so in Japan but it didn't work out. MSC knocked himself out and JV won the championship that year.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0