E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need Some Help?

04-05-2024, 06:39 PM   #1
daredevil95
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328 Xdrive N51

Need Some Help?

Hi, I need some help? I drove a perfect running 2009 328Xdrive N51 into my garage for a valve cover gasket. After gasket install, car idles like crap. I've been playing with this issue for the past 3 weeks here and there. I reused my valve cover, it's a BMW cover and looks to have been replaced at sometime in the past. I changed the gasket and installed new NGK 6619 plugs. I also replaced the hose that always breaks at the back of the valve cover going to the CCV system under/behind intake. So, that's pretty much the scenerio. Once I started car for the first time, it idled rough, I have a decent Autel Maxi scanner, I pretty much got every code you could think of...Vanos, crank, misfire, O2 and many others. So, I was thinking maybe the PCV was no good in valve cover, I chipped off old PCV and put a new one on, car actually ran a little better but, still throwing codes and rough idle. When I drive the car, it runs great, no problems. Soon as I slow down, car feels like its gonna blow up and stalls. To get going again, I have to 2 foot it, start car, rev to 1500 rpm and drop it into drive and go...then it drives fine until I stop. I've only took it on tests drives....not every day driving. I hooked my smoke machine to the engine and there were on leaks. I cleaned the Vanos solenoids, swapped coils around (look newish Bosch), checked all connectors and theyre good. I'm not sure at this point what to do? Replace VANOS? Replace Valve cover with new valve cover? current codes after PCV replacement: 29CD Misfire cylinder 1, 2C24 upstream O2 & 2A87 Vanos....I shut car off after a couple minutes, I'm sure more codes would of popped up. It started to idle very bad but, the car reves up smoothly. So, that's where I'm at.....anyone have any suggestions?? I could really use the help?
Appreciate 1