F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Fat Burners
Studio RSR

09-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #23
JRob23
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Maybe you need the proper guidance? A lot of the times some people think they are doing the right thing when in reality they are holding themselves back.

If you are interested in taking yourself to the next level and reaching your goals, feel free to contact me. I offer online services both specializing in nutrition, supplementation and workout programs. I build custom diets to fit the individuals goals, lifestyle and needs, custom supplementation plans again geared towards your goals and custom workout plans...as well motivational support.

I am a lifetime drug free natural bodybuilder. I have been in the industry for over 14 years continuously researching and progressing in all aspects. I am also a Natural Pro Bodybuilder so, I as well walk the walk.

I know what it takes to get to where I want to be and I have also helped many others find success as well.

Again, please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss details and such any further.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #24
Addison8100
Rep
Drives: Ferrari458

Going on a diet could increase the risk of developing potentially deadly conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer, a study has found. I am always prefer natural ways in this regard. Swimming is the best exercise to lose your weight gradually. But It is totally depends on how much better you swims in the water.
      09-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
Maybe you need the proper guidance? A lot of the times some people think they are doing the right thing when in reality they are holding themselves back.

If you are interested in taking yourself to the next level and reaching your goals, feel free to contact me. I offer online services both specializing in nutrition, supplementation and workout programs. I build custom diets to fit the individuals goals, lifestyle and needs, custom supplementation plans again geared towards your goals and custom workout plans...as well motivational support.

I am a lifetime drug free natural bodybuilder. I have been in the industry for over 14 years continuously researching and progressing in all aspects. I am also a Natural Pro Bodybuilder so, I as well walk the walk.

I know what it takes to get to where I want to be and I have also helped many others find success as well.

Again, please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss details and such any further.
Natty FTW!!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison8100 View Post
Going on a diet could increase the risk of developing potentially deadly conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer, a study has found. I am always prefer natural ways in this regard. Swimming is the best exercise to lose your weight gradually. But It is totally depends on how much better you swims in the water.
Interesting post, spam bot.
      10-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
Brodiendd
Rep
Drives: Accord

Hey guys,According to me that different people like the different fat burners for burn fat of the body and and keep actual fitness of the body.Mostly i like the cardio exercise work with some suitable diets for reduce the body fat.
      03-07-2014, 03:58 AM   #28
Dean005
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Natural fat burning foods and regular exercise are the best fat burner as compare to the medications and steroids. Dieting and exercising are the more natural ways for fat burning and weight control. Always follow these natural fat burning methods for the successful weight control.

Last edited by Dean005; 03-08-2014 at 02:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #29
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Fat burners = waste of money and bs

If you're got a good diet and hitting your macros and still Plateau try -

1. Changing your macronutrients but keeping your cal deficit the same
2. Lowering your Cal deficit slightly
3. Try intermitten fasting (IF) <-- best for cutting imo - google it
4. HIIT 1 or 2 times a week but relax your CNS spread it out
5. Carb cycling

OP - forgot, are you refeeding?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #30
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTN View Post
Fat burners = waste of money and bs

If you're got a good diet and hitting your macros and still Plateau try -

1. Changing your macronutrients but keeping your cal deficit the same
2. Lowering your Cal deficit slightly
3. Try intermitten fasting (IF) <-- best for cutting imo - google it
4. HIIT 1 or 2 times a week but relax your CNS spread it out
5. Carb cycling

OP - forgot, are you refeeding?
Speaks truth

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #31
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Bumping this thread for a bit more of a perspective from some of the regulars; my buddy is about 5'9" and I'd say 240-260lbs. He's trying to come down a bit, working with kettle weight routines 3 times a week and cardio 4 times a week.

He asked me about fat burners but I honestly have no clue about them, read some of the responses here and gained some insight, but was wondering if any of you new folks can chime in.

As you can see, I did my research and bumped a thread without making a new one.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #32
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Show this to your friend:

99% of supplements on the market do nothing but slim your wallet. Those that work (creatine, beta-alanine, caffeine, citruline malate, whey) will only account for 5-10% of your progress at the very best.

There's no secret magic pill that makes your fat melt (I can't believe people still believe in this shit in 2016).

If your friend is serious about losing weight, he will need to put in serious work, which includes balancing diet (most important), plenty of sleep and a combination of resistance/HIIT training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Bumping this thread for a bit more of a perspective from some of the regulars; my buddy is about 5'9" and I'd say 240-260lbs. He's trying to come down a bit, working with kettle weight routines 3 times a week and cardio 4 times a week.

He asked me about fat burners but I honestly have no clue about them, read some of the responses here and gained some insight, but was wondering if any of you new folks can chime in.

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #33
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreez88
Show this to your friend:

99% of supplements on the market do nothing but slim your wallet. Those that work (creatine, beta-alanine, caffeine, citruline malate, whey) will only account for 5-10% of your progress at the very best.

There's no secret magic pill that makes your fat melt (I can't believe people still believe in this shit in 2016).

If your friend is serious about losing weight, he will need to put in serious work, which includes balancing diet (most important), plenty of sleep and a combination of resistance/HIIT training.

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. Never said anything about a magic pill, but I appreciate your response.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #34
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:

Tell him to stop over eating.
      04-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #35
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Drink a ton of water like Tonka. True.

Caffeine-based supplements help, so do things like guarana.

But it's ultimately up to eating right and less. For some, the insulin-resistance is there, and carbs can be super bad. Generally, the simpler the carbs, the worse it can be.

As he builds more muscle, it'll help keep his metabolic rate up.

Good sleep (not binging) helps too.

Anecdote:

I played lacrosse in HS and lifted. In college, I didn't do much except lift and my weight fluctuated but I could always cut.

As an adult, I always put on weight in the winter and cut for summer. But as I got older, it became harder.

When it comes to "diet", it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.

I'm working hard to shed the 15lbs I put on the last 4 months.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #36
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Dude, it's crazy how food is literally an addiction for some people. It grosses me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Drink a ton of water like Tonka. True.

Caffeine-based supplements help, so do things like guarana.

But it's ultimately up to eating right and less. For some, the insulin-resistance is there, and carbs can be super bad. Generally, the simpler the carbs, the worse it can be.

As he builds more muscle, it'll help keep his metabolic rate up.

Good sleep (not binging) helps too.

Anecdote:

I played lacrosse in HS and lifted. In college, I didn't do much except lift and my weight fluctuated but I could always cut.

As an adult, I always put on weight in the winter and cut for summer. But as I got older, it became harder.

When it comes to "diet", it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.

I'm working hard to shed the 15lbs I put on the last 4 months.
Thanks man! Great input. He's a strong guy, but he's always been bigger. He's just gotta stay consistent.

Appreciate 1
      04-13-2016, 08:41 AM   #37
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
One thing that stuck out in your post was that your friend is seemingly working out 7 days a week. Maybe drop it to 5 or 6 with a couple of rest days (light activity, walking, sports or something is cool). Not only does your body actually need rest to avoid overdoing it, but your mind can use the rest days or light activity as a nice break and you're friend is more likely to continue with whatever it is he is doing.

I haven't been as strict as I would like to be lately, but having a newborn does that I suppose. I still manage to workout 4 days a week (cardio or calisthenics) and do some light activity like walking or something on other days. There is usually a day where I vegetate on the couch or go out with the wife and baby, but that has helped. I put on quite a bit of "sympathy" weight when my wife had the baby. I didn't think it would happen to me but it did. I've lost it all in the last few months.
      05-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #38
tuned2ride
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, S5 SB, looking for a M340

Quote:

I assume that it is 240-260lbs mostly in fat, pre-diabete.

To focus on exercise is wrong, nutrition and life habits first. A pattern that he can maintain at least one year. Rate of weight loss is secondary, but it has to be constant.

Why you shouldn't exercise to lose weight, explained with 60+ studies

My lifestyle habit is to have a cheating day every 2 weeks. Works wonder, perfect for social happenings and that day doesn't kill the 13 others. 1-2 weeks a year off too (vacations...).

One natural 'fat burner' (not quite it) is wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #39
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesems View Post
There's a book titled "Clean" by Junger (name's such a reveal, bwahaha). In this the good Dr. suggests (canned version ) our liver can only process so much toxin and that ETOH is stored in our fat until the liver can get to it. So our bodies will retain fat to store ETOH.

ETOH = Alcohol

Hope that point isn't too fuzzy.

Moral of story - lay off booze. Skirt complex carb, eat protein (1.Nutrition). Burn more than you consume (2. Exercise). Get quality sleep (3. Rest/Recover)
Also, don't be so restrictive you fail.

Consider a fitness device.
Fitbit Flex
Nike Fuel Band
Jawbone Up
Amiigo
Misfit Shine
GPS/HR monitor watch - Garmin, Nike, Magellan
WiFi Scale - Wahoo or Aria
B/P cuff

Track yourself like you would a household budget

GL
James

If everyone did that this country would be full of fat poor people. ....wait.