F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > WTB one OEM M166 Back Wheel
GetBMWParts

04-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

WTB one OEM M166 Back Wheel

Hi,

Today I went to Buffalo to replace my tires (I live in Toronto) as I'm waiting the for the car to be ready the tech comes in and tells me that there is a fine crack on the rear wheel. The crack is at the edge of the back of the RIM like a hair line about 1.5 inch long. Not sure if the tech cracked it while removing the old tire as I did not experience any leaks prior to replacing the tires! But who could prove that! :angry:

So I'm looking for one OEM wheel with no damage. The tire shop tells me that the crack can be repaired but they needed to send it out for next day service which I could not wait for. When I got home, I called couple of shops, I was told that it is not recommended to repair a crack and should replace the wheel which I'm not looking forward to!

Did anyone have a similar experience and managed to repair the crack without any issues later on? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Could someone please advise if a crack can be fixed or recommended? It's a hair line crack at the edge of the RIM from the inside! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Hi,

Today I went to Buffalo to replace my tires (I live in Toronto) as I'm waiting the for the car to be ready the tech comes in and tells me that there is a fine crack on the rear wheel. The crack is at the edge of the back of the RIM like a hair line about 1.5 inch long. Not sure if the tech cracked it while removing the old tire as I did not experience any leaks prior to replacing the tires! But who could prove that! :angry:

So I'm looking for one OEM wheel with no damage. The tire shop tells me that the crack can be repaired but they needed to send it out for next day service which I could not wait for. When I got home, I called couple of shops, I was told that it is not recommended to repair a crack and should replace the wheel which I'm not looking forward to!

Did anyone have a similar experience and managed to repair the crack without any issues later on? Thanks
Appreciate 0