F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Remembering Top Gear
proTUNING Freaks

10-19-2023, 01:38 PM   #23
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF90M5C View Post
It was only a matter of time before Flintoff had a big accident, they guy is a complete buffoon. The fact that he got paid £9m in compensation is frankly ridiculous, so there’s no chance Top Gear will be back.
This is true as well.

But I've taken issue with Top Gears presenters driving cars fast for EONS without helmets. It's dangerous and stupid. When Clarkson finally donned one for the Reliant Robin episode I thought things would have changed.

And THIS BS...

"A source told the Mail on Sunday earlier this month: 'Freddie was not wearing a helmet but the situation is that he did not have to wear one.

'The car is road legal without a helmet – it has a halo safety device – and he was on a private track.

'They had only just set off and were on the first corner when the car flipped and he scraped his face along the tarmac.'"

What on EARTH are they even thinking? Motorcycles are road legal without a helmet. Halo safety devices and private track? Sh** You ask me to drive my F90 at full speed on the best of the best tracks without a helmet? Pi** off mor**. No way. I'd walk away. I won't drive full tilt without a helmet and a HANS.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 01:57 PM   #24
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
This is true as well.

But I've taken issue with Top Gears presenters driving cars fast for EONS without helmets. It's dangerous and stupid. When Clarkson finally donned one for the Reliant Robin episode I thought things would have changed.

And THIS BS...

"A source told the Mail on Sunday earlier this month: 'Freddie was not wearing a helmet but the situation is that he did not have to wear one.

'The car is road legal without a helmet – it has a halo safety device – and he was on a private track.

'They had only just set off and were on the first corner when the car flipped and he scraped his face along the tarmac.'"

What on EARTH are they even thinking? Motorcycles are road legal without a helmet. Halo safety devices and private track? Sh** You ask me to drive my F90 at full speed on the best of the best tracks without a helmet? Pi** off mor**. No way. I'd walk away. I won't drive full tilt without a helmet and a HANS.

Shawn
Motorcycles are legal without helmet. Yes. Here in USA. I was a rider for 7 or 8 years. Not once been on a motorcycle without it. You also don’t need to wear helmet when skiing. I haven’t been once on the mountain without one. Just because it can be done doesn’t necessarily mean it should. I don’t know the deal between bbc and its presenters but it should be revised long time ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 05:55 PM   #25
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I think the new guys were just pushing it a little too much while trying to fill seemingly unfillable shoes. I don't hate them for it. They are the g87 to bmw's f87.