F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > /DRIVE takes a spin in championship winning Turner Z4 GTD
Extreme Powerhouse

12-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #23
panand86
Rep
Drives: '10 JB BMW 135i

Full video:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c...att-farah_auto
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #24
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Lol at your reponse when u have not seen a BMW race car in year beside DTM or M235i than go watch American Le mans series. It has BMW factory sponsored and supported cars runing that were provided by BMW and raced by team RL, they are factory efforts not just purely private efforts as u r pretending. The Bmw factory sponsored Z4 GT is the worst example of race on sunday and sell on monday philosophy. The corvette factory effort GT resembles the new Z06 C7 more closely than Z4 GT ever will a Z435is. Hell where BMW asked for engine exception and refuse to run what they are selling in dealerships. The corvette had to detune their engines to compete in race version. Ditto for Doge Viper GT. The Ferrari races the 458 GT version that is more closer to the car they sell engine wise. The Aston Ditto and how could i forget the 911 from Porsche . Why does bmw have to beg for engine exception in Z4 GT car obviously cause no confidence in their turbo N54 in racing guise.

Now before u and anyone else runs around and claims the guy is just saying cause ge wants a NA engine in Z4 M, lol if it will be ever produced in first place. Than answer is wrong....i am not bias against turbo engines as i own one that BMW sells and quiet enjoy it and modified it fir my needs, i know the inherent flaws of them but I know they can be raced successfully if proper effort is made by BMW. But BMW lacks the confidence and chooses to race engines that are not currently on sale in its products. I have a hard time routing for an engine vs engine rivalry in this situation. Also, the reason turner runs the factory BMW effort in GTD category because that is the configuration BMW supports them with. Ditto with team RL factory effort BMW Z4 GT.

Now go watch united Tudor racing series where these cars race u r missing out on great fun and rivalry. For BMW Z4 GT it does not get better than Bill Aubrlin in #56.

Maybe we can have more discussion one u have more experience watching that series and understand my point of view better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
???

Your post is so misplaced that it borders on absurd.

So wait.... Bmw need to step up their game with their turbos and make a car that can be raced?

Did you not understand that this car was purchased by , modified by , prepped by, and campaigned by TURNER MOTORSPORT?

Why in the heck are you blaming BMW when it is TURNER that modified this car car so it could be raced in the GTD CLASS.

I haven't seen a BMW race car in years other than DTM cars ( a series recently won by BMW Motorsport ) and the M235 Racing. What I have seen is cars that are prepared and campaigned by private Racing teams.

Heck years ago, back when BMW was making naturally aspirated motors only , a special exception was applied for to race the e46m3 with a V8 motor. So the same sort of one off design for racing has been in place for over a decade.

The most recent BMW DTM car of course resembles an actual e92 in as little a way as the turner z4 does an z435is.

By the way,,, please tell us how the competition , the corvette c6r and c7r are production based ..? I would love to hear you explain how little Pratt and Miller does.

In the past Cadillac cts models have resembled nothing like their street car counterparts.

The simple fact is that is very common that RACE cars are a mere shadow of the production vehicles in many race series whether it be ALMS , Grand am, NASCAR or TUDOR.

Apparently the only reason for your post was to stamp your foot and demand that Bmw create a naturally aspirated engine for you ?

PS. An M6 GT3 with 4.4 liter turbo v8 is coming.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 12-23-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #25
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I think it might be other way around u have no clue what eninge wise is common between on sale Z435is and BMW Z4 GT3/GTD or ALMS Z4 GT cars may i say nothing zilch, nada. The key is exactly what u said BMW as usual begged for exception when it came down to the engines cause nothing they sell in production cars can be tuned to race or they just lack the effort required to do so.

The ALMS Corvettes actually detune their production engines to race Ditto with Vipers and Ferrari race 458 with tuned 458 production engine, Ditto for Aston and Porsche 911.

Will be happy when tgat so called M6 appears seems like for now BMW is still running same configuration.

[QUOTE =tallshortguy;17098217]You clearly have no clue about FIA GT specs if you think the Z4 GT3/GTD has nothing in common with the road car while the others mentioned do. The Z4 got an exception for the engine based off of the S65, but everything else is in line with standard FIA homologation rules.

Also, BMW is currently building their M6 GT3 with the 4.4 twin turbo V8 based off of the S63 which will replace the Z4, so I'm not sure why you think they're afraid to race with turbos.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Kayani_1; 12-23-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #26
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1
I think it might be other way around u have no clue what eninge wise is common between on sale Z435is and BMW Z4 GT3/GTD or ALMS Z4 GT cars may i say nothing zilch, nada. The key is exactly what u said BMW as usual begged for exception when it came down to the engines cause nothing they sell in production cars can be tuned to race or they just lack the effort required to do so.

The ALMS Corvettes actually detune their production engines to race Ditto with Vipers and Ferrari race 458 with tuned 458 production engine, Ditto for Aston and Porsche 911.

Will be happy when tgat so called M6 appears seems like for now BMW is still running same configuration.

[QUOTE =tallshortguy;17098217]You clearly have no clue about FIA GT specs if you think the Z4 GT3/GTD has nothing in common with the road car while the others mentioned do. The Z4 got an exception for the engine based off of the S65, but everything else is in line with standard FIA homologation rules.

Also, BMW is currently building their M6 GT3 with the 4.4 twin turbo V8 based off of the S63 which will replace the Z4, so I'm not sure why you think they're afraid to race with turbos.
[/QUOTE]

I am sure that I speak for tallshortguy when saying that it's not even worth entertaining your responses until you understand te difference between factory support and factory prepared.

RLL, Turner and PTG are the former and not the latter.

The last BMW Motorsport factory run car I can think of that was run in us was the E46M3 GTR which won in 2001 and then was not allowed subsequently. Indeed that vehicle wasn't an actual motor and chassis combo that ever existed.

See you at COTA for Tudor next fall where once again team RLL will field vehicles for BMW.

Ps. It's Bill Auberlen
Appreciate 0