F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Losing 10-15lbs in 2 months a realistic goal?
proTUNING Freaks

08-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #67
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
80lbs in 3 months, u can win that 50k prize at my gym easily. they r running this 3 months transformation, 1st prize is 50k. lol
We've had "hunger games" contests at my office but I just can't do it anymore. It's really tough with a kid and a 730-630 job to find the time to work out. Running took a toll on my body that I won't do again.

I was such a psycho during that time that I had once eaten out at a Chinese restaurant and felt so bad about not eating a salad that I drove 45 min back home, grabbed my running shoes, drove another 15 min to the gym, ran a 5k, drove home, showered, and drove back 45 min to where my friends were. Keep in mind that I had already done my running for that day in the morning.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #68
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
1. Keto diet (absolutely no carbs, sugars, grains)
2. Lift (squats, bench presses, dead lifts, etc.)

I already lost 10lbs in around 6 weeks even though I'm half assing it in terms of dieting. I have been extremely strict in terms of carb intake (less than 20ish grams) even though my caloric intake hasn't dropped. That combined with the stronglifts 5x5 to start out lifting I've dropped a lot of body fat while gaining lean muscle and strength.

This is obviously anecdotal as I'm not an expert in anyway (this is my first time working out and dieting) but I have seen noticeable results (both visually and in strength).
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #69
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

Keto works! but you wont look as full as you would like...depending on type of training you are into. I like to feel a pump and thats where carbs fall into place (water) .. Im a National competitive bodybuilder and i tried KETO for prep before one of my shows...just to give it a shot, well i lost tons of body fat but my body was superrrrr flat like no muscle pop but for the average fat loss diet ..it does the job. This pic was taken 2 weeks before one of my contests 4 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #70
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
I've done it... I've lost 25 lbs in a month (not the time shown below, that was my first 15 from 217 lbs), 43 lbs total to 185 lbs through a homeopathic remedy, no side effects, no rebounds. Inbox me if you want details. Granted, I've gained a lot of it back when my dad died and got comfortable when I got a girlfriend, but it's possible AND I plan to start soon. Inbox me for details.
Attached Images

::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #71
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, C300, Audi Q7

Garage List
This thread is a bit old, but it certainly is possible to lose 10-15lbs over 2 months. I've dropped 30lbs in that amount of time - however, I almost evaporated.

I focused on a very lean Paleo diet and it worked period. However, its taken me much longer to recover and build decent muscle. I hated the flat look it gave me so I incorporated carbs again and over the last year or so have made the gains I was looking for.

In short, focus on what you eat and where you spend your energy and you will reach your weight loss goal. Lose focus and you will most likely gain it back.
      03-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #72
Branda Ehrhart
Registered
Rep
Drives: SUV

I followed a program where in I drunk a chocolate shake product for 5 days, 3 times a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner. In between meals, only fruits or veggies. On that 5 days alone, I lost 10 lbs. After the program, I only ate fruits, chicken and fish. I started exercising and lost a total of 15 lbs. in a month, 25 lbs. in three months.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #73
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
I have dieted before, but I will admit that it was not the most healthy way of doing it. I am 6ft tall and weigh about 195lbs and would love to slim down to 180ish before my fall classes start. I am not really trying to build muscle so I am mostly going to be focusing on cardio. My question is would I be better off doing this first thing in the morning or late at night?

Also can anybody give me a few ideas on what to eat during the day besides fruits? I can easily cut out sodas and the occasional Friday night beers, but I am mostly worried about what to eat during the day. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I've seen it too many times for me to say that it can't happen. Morning cardios are great, just don't run. Your knees will start to hurt with the extra weight. Any other cardio will be better. You can do it. I've seen people do it firsthand!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #74
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Low carb < 40 grams a day is the easiest thing you can possibly do. You don't have to count calories, just fill up on whatever proteins fats and veggies you want. Fat is not the enemy it is a perfectly reasonable source of energy, especially when you cut out the carbs. This is for reasonably clean fat loss. Like everyone else said, amp up your resistance training to really kickstart your fat burning. If you have a ton of muscle (like nicksm3 above!) you really need the carbs to promote the appearance of vascularity and shreddedness, but in your case with the primary goal being sustainable fat loss and not an actual body building competition low carb is in my opinion the best place for you to go.

I have been drinking socially (strictly Vodka sodas and Martinis, and if I'm way low on my carb count a glass of wine or 2) and maintaining about 1-1.5 lbs a week of weight loss, so you really do not need to totally cut out alcohol totally just keep in mind it is extra calories. I don't consider them empty since they are way more fun then other calories haha.

Read about Carb nite, its a great low carb solution with a lot of modern research behind it: http://carbnite.com/.

If you want to build muscle substantially while potentially burning fat, Carb Backloading offers a different twist that lets you get away with carbs, and a ton of them, after successful heavy resistance training. But if you're just looking to trim down skip the carbs altogether.

I go as far as skipping even the good carbs (sweet potatoes etc) during my heavy travel season for work, as I don't always have time to work out. . . That said, you STILL lose body fat just from the diet alone in any given day as long as you stick to it. The first 10 days you could drop as much as 5 lbs or so as your body drops water weight in a hurry and gets into high gear, but it will definitely slow down after that. 1-1 1/2 lbs a week is more than conceivable, so 2 months is not a hefty goal.

Just keep telling yourself that carbs are the devil, and stock up on deli meat and cheese.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 04:02 AM   #75
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
I lost around 25 lbs in a two month span and 43 lbs overall. I used intermittent fasting along with light cardio before work and Strong lift 5x5 at lunch. I'm a big proponent for Intermittent fasting as I've never seen results this fast before. I was averaging a 3 lbs a week loss without restricting my diet, I just hit a caloric goal of 2000 calories and 120 grams protein. I ate clean 90% of the time but did not cut out carbs and if I craved "fast food" I ate it.

Workout: I got up early and walked on a treadmill at 8% incline around 3 MPH for around 30 mins 3-5 times a week. On Mon, Wed, Fri at lunch I did Strong Lifts 5x5 which consist of Squats, Dead lifts, Bench, Row. Basically compound movements. On Tue and Thur at Lunch I would do HIIT Training for 30 mins. Generally just make an effort to be active.

Diet: Here's the best part you don't have to go on some crazy no carb or shake diet. Stop eating around 7 PM and don't eat till 12. Just water or plain tea or coffee till. I usually workout at 11 so I can eat at 12, but you can adjust your "fasting window" to suit your needs, just as long as you fast for a minimum 16 hrs straight. Eat clean 90% of the time meaning try to stay away from processed foods.

They only thing I tracked was Calories and Protein. You wanna make sure you're getting enough protein so you don't lose your "gains". I made most of my meals at home, but I did not hesitate to eat out with co workers if I wanted to at lunch. But usually I made an effort to get calories from each meal 50% protein, 30-40% carb/veggie, 10% fats. You need healthy fats and carbs, they are a good thing. Fats help regulate your hormones. If you cut either out you'll end up gaining the weight back as soon as you start eating them again.

That's about it. I still fast, it helps me maintain my weight. I went from 235 lbs to 195 lbs and walk around at 15% body fat. But I eat just about anything I want, just all in moderation. I slowed down on the light cardio in the mornings and I know if I get serious I can get below 10% BF, but I enjoy life to much to not eat a ribeye steak and mashed potatoes. I still left heavy and have not lost much or any "gains". It just takes dedication that's all. I will say this, if you plan on training fasted like I do, take it easy the first 2 weeks of training until your body adjusts to it. You don't have to train fasted, but it works for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #76
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Drink one of these every day
http://www.vemma.com

Eat complete proteins such as avocado's and hemp seeds. Avoid processed foods, and buy organic if possible.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #77
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
Keto works! but you wont look as full as you would like...depending on type of training you are into. I like to feel a pump and thats where carbs fall into place (water) .. Im a National competitive bodybuilder and i tried KETO for prep before one of my shows...just to give it a shot, well i lost tons of body fat but my body was superrrrr flat like no muscle pop but for the average fat loss diet ..it does the job. This pic was taken 2 weeks before one of my contests 4 years ago.
Old thread, but solid fullness man. Good job. How did you place in that particular show?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #78
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiike32 View Post
I did 20 lbs in 2 months, but I'm pretty active for a sedentary corporate job and a man of routine and didn't focus on weight but body fat %.

Swim in the morning - every morning.
breakfast/snack = yogurt or protein shake
lunch = chicken wild rice and veggies and go to gym (I'm lucky to have my gym across the street from my work) and circuit train 30 mins.
mid afternoon snack = granola
dinner = 2/3 veggies 1/3 meat 1/3 carb
don't eat after 8pm
Lift at least twice a week in the evening.

rinse and repeat.

Total I went from 230-185 in a little over 6 months. Don't eat after 8pm and be dedicated.
I didn't do any of that shit and lost the same amount in the same time. And i ate and still eat after 8pm every night. Calories in vs calories out. End of story with regards to losing weight.

Yes, there are macro ratios that are more healthy and even more so are responsible for how well one feels, energy levels, crashing, etc... but the bottom line is that you can sit on the sofa and eat ice-cream and cake for all your meals. Might be 2 or 3 bites each meal, but you'll lose weight so long as the calories from your cake and ice-cream are less than the calories you burn each day.

That said, your plan and execution is solid. Nice work!

Edit: old ass thread! lol
      02-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #79
Orson
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i XDrive Coupe

Thumbs up

I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks.

I'm 6'2" and weighed about 270 sumthin.

I rode my mountain bike in the hills for about an hour a day. I ate sensible. Avoided pasta and rice. Lots of home made soups and salads. Cut out desserts. No eating after 6 PM.

It helped that I was staying in a secluded mountain cabin about 30 minutes from town so, that helped avoid fast food joints.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #80
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orson View Post
I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks.

I'm 6'2" and weighed about 270 sumthin.

I rode my mountain bike in the hills for about an hour a day. I ate sensible. Avoided pasta and rice. Lots of home made soups and salads. Cut out desserts. No eating after 6 PM.

It helped that I was staying in a secluded mountain cabin about 30 minutes from town so, that helped avoid fast food joints.
Cliffs: You consumed less calories than you expended.
      02-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #81
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Maybe it was mentioned in here already but if not

Gallon a water a day
And also look into cryotherapy each session burns like 800 calories and also it ramps up your metabolism. It's pretty awesome for variety of other reason but for this thread it could be that little thing that pushes you to success. I go a couple times a week wish I could go more but the closest one is 30 miles away

Side note I go for muscle recovery not weight loss. Each session leaves me starving!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #82
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Don't touch sugar, alcohol, processed foods. Eat high protein, low fat foods like Mahi Mahi, Cod, Tiapia. Take Clomid (T3) and Clenbuterol. You'll melt away in no time.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 10:12 AM   #83
law2004
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

I would reccomend doing a beachbody program
Its called Insanity, its 60 days long and you can easily los 15-20 pounds in 2 month build muscle and get lean.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #84
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Cliffs: You consumed less calories than you expended.
This.

All of the fancy stuff (when you eat, big portions vs. small, etc) doesn't matter much relative to energy balance. That is, calories in vs. calories out. Eat healthy and consume fewer calories than you expend and you lose weight pretty much regardless of other stuff (like eating carbs and/or when you eat). Lots of scientific research supporting it
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #85
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by law2004 View Post
I would reccomend doing a beachbody program
Its called Insanity, its 60 days long and you can easily los 15-20 pounds in 2 month build muscle and get lean.
Eating properly and any HIIT style workout like Insanity (which, again, burns more energy and helps retain lean muscle than say steady state cardio based on lots of science backed stuff) and you lose lots of weight I've known lots of people do a Beachbody program and they do work... because they follow very basic principles of diet and the right type/amount of cardio and/or weights.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #86
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Stop Eating!!!

next time your hungry, drink water.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #87
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Losing weight is super easy. All these stupid diets distract from the real solution which is:

Ready?

Don't eat very much food. 6' and 130 lbs here so I'm the resident expert on this topic.

You do need to pay more careful attention to nutrition when on a calorie deficit so here are the basics: Your body needs protein and fat for basic operations so you'll end up eating these as your foundation, with whatever you want to round out your calorie goal. Protein powders can be useful if you don't overdo it, these also have vitamins which is convenient. Keep in mind, you can eat literally whatever you want and lose weight as long as you're not eating much of it, but unless you're packing in decent nutrition with those few calories you'll get sick.

There are calculators online that tell you how much you need to eat based on your body weight / level of activity to meet a weight loss goal. Google "weight loss calorie calculator"

Exercise will only help your weight loss and is highly recommended for general health and wellbeing. It is also entirely unnecessary if you're serious about sticking to not eating much.
Appreciate 0