F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > That last 5 lbs
ARMA SPEED

08-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

That last 5 lbs

Alright so here is my situation.

I was kinda of fat when I was young. I have been working out on and off for 3 years. Workout a lot during summer, than try to just keep somewhat active during school, and so on. For the past 2 months, I have been doing some upper body exercises and I def see the results. During each workout, I was also doing P90X Abs Ripper-X and I can see my upper abs.. but Jesus I can't rid of that stupid little belly I have left. It is not big, and when I press my abs it does not feel like fat, but at rest it does.

Anyways, I need to finally get rid of that. I am on break for 4 months now, so I was to get lose that ASAP.

Need some help! And my diet is good, don't worry about that!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Fat stores can provide feedback regarding hormonal regulation. The stress hormone, cortisol, is linked to the accumulation of belly fat. If you're looking to lose abdominal fat, identification of all life stressors is an important piece of your weight management puzzle. Your exercise program should be modified according to your stress burden. Although this study is done with women, the same applies to men.

http://www.psychosomaticmedicine.org...tract/62/5/623

Additionally, lower abdominal weakness (abdominals below the belly button) is very common among both male and female trainees due to society postural dysfunctions like anterior pelvic tilt (forward shifted pelvis) which essentially inhibits (or turns off) the lower abdominal (LA). If you have a weak or inhibited lower abdominal, you can have the appearance of a pooch belly. Crunches will not strengthen the lower abdominal as the LA is controlled by a different set of nerves (ilioinguinal and iliohypogastric). Correcting anterior pelvic tilt involves more than strengthening the LA so get a professional to help you as there are many things to consider. This video may help you.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Need some help! And my diet is good, don't worry about that!
Well, that's likely the culprit #1; you have to eat even less.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

sprints!
Appreciate 0