F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW previews 3 key vehicls at Monterey Motorsports Reunion + Pebble Beach
GetBMWParts

08-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

BMW previews 3 key vehicls at Monterey Motorsports Reunion + Pebble Beach

I put this here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1017556
but thought it might be helpful in the General area as well

Press Release

Media Alert: BMW Media Preview of Three Key Vehicles Prior to Public Unveilings During Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance

•BMW i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition – prior to its crossing the block at the Pebble Beach Auctions by Gooding and Company on Saturday.

•BMW Vision Future Luxury – prior to its North American premiere on the concept car lawn at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance on Sunday.

•30th Anniversary BMW M5 – prior to its appearances at Legends of the Autobahn on Friday and the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion on Saturday and Sunday.

•Thursday, August 14 5:00pm - BMW Villa – Pebble Beach

BMW is pleased to invite credentialed media to a press preview prior to the 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance and Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. Three significant cars will be previewed before their public unveilings later that weekend. Speakers will include Ludwig Willisch, President & CEO – BMW of North America and Karim Habib, Head of BMW Automobile Design for the BMW Group.

BMW Vision Future Luxury

Offering a glimpse into the long-term view of modern luxury for the BMW brand, the BMW Vision Future Luxury stands for a forward-looking fusion of exclusivity and innovation as well as a driving experience that is at once emotional and exclusive. All of this is conveyed through its groundbreaking exterior and interior design along with its innovative technology, a pioneering lightweight engineering concept and a seamlessly integrated user interface and driving experience that caters to the needs of all occupants at once. “The design of the BMW Vision Future Luxury is the messenger of our philosophy of modern luxury, one in which innovative technologies play a key and vital role. These innovations deliver a new, multifaceted luxury experience that spans intelligent lightweight engineering, innovative interior design and a radically new user interface design,” says Karim Habib, Head of BMW Design, summing up the design approach to the BMW Vision Future Luxury.

BMW i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition

In celebration of the US arrival of the BMW i8, the world’s most innovative sports car, a one-of-a-kind 2014 BMW i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition during the annual Pebble Beach Auctions at Pebble Beach on Saturday, August 16. Proceeds of the sale will go to the Pebble Beach Company Foundation and the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

The i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition will be distinguished by a unique paint scheme and interior treatment as well as other features that will make it unlike any other BMW i8 in the world. The BMW i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition will be sold by Gooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

The 2014 BMW i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition will feature BMW Individual Frozen Grey Metallic exterior paint. The unique interior will boast Dalbergia Brown leather upholstery, which is tanned using dye derived from plant extracts. The upholstery is accented with stitching in BMW i Blue. The Pure Impulse Tera World interior includes other trim accents in BMW i Blue, including the seat belts, as well as having “BMW i8” embossed into the front headrests. A number of US firsts will be included with this special edition including laser headlights, pending government approval, a BMW i8 Display key as well as the first BMW Charging Station, professional edition.

30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5

The BMW M5 “30 Jahre M5” will be produced in a limited run of 300 examples worldwide, and 30 of them will be imported to the United States. With an output of 600hp and 516 lb-ft of torque, it will not only be the most powerful M5 ever sold but also the most powerful BMW production model ever.

Featuring a Frozen Dark Silver Metallic exterior, part of the BMW Individual palette of hues, the 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 is also identified with Black Chrome “30 Jahre M5” (German for 30 years of the M5) badges, appearing on the kidney grill surrounds, the front fenders, door handles and twin dual exhaust pipes. The exterior of the 30th Anniversary Edition M5 is further complemented by 20 inch, bi-color M light-alloy wheels.

“30 Jahre M5” badges are also featured in the interior, with a 1/300 identification number integrated into the Aluminum Trace trim strip on the front passenger side of the cockpit.

A black Alcantara/Leather combination graces the M multifunctional seats which also include embroidered “30 Jahre M5” badges. The center console and the door panels are also covered in black Alcantara, while the headliner features Alcantara Anthracite.

Press Conference Details

Thursday, August 14

Cocktails Beginning at 5:00pm
Press Conference 6:00pm – 6:30pm

The BMW Villa
1463 Cypress Dr (corner of Cypress Dr. and Stevenson Dr.)
Pebble Beach, CA

To confirm your attendance, please contact Dave Buchko at dave.buchko@bmwna.com or by text at 201-321-6857.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-12-2014 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
335m
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

Can't wait to see that M5
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Hoping to see some photos of these beauties by anyone here who attends the event!

The i8 is of particular interest to me, and will be coming on the auction block around 8:45pm PST / 11:45pm EST on Saturday, August 16th. I am hoping to catch the online streaming during this time and see if they show the Display Key ...

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335m View Post
Can't wait to see that M5
I want to see shots of it "in the wild" but this will do for now; I'm sure you've seen it already...

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehic...reEdition.html
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
335m
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I want to see shots of it "in the wild" but this will do for now; I'm sure you've seen it already...

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehic...reEdition.html
Ahh I hadn't seen it, was really hoping it was going to be dark gray not silver
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335m View Post
Ahh I hadn't seen it, was really hoping it was going to be dark gray not silver