F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Healthy lunch options?
ARMA SPEED

08-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
I couldn't resist....Ummm...your first sentence and your second sentence was taken as a personal attack. If you read my first post I emphasize calorie intake v burning. What are you a "nutritionist"? Macronutrient !?

Why cut steak?
A 6-oz steak delivers about 40+ grams of fat and about 16 gr of them saturated. A salmon has about 18 gr of fat and only 4 gr of them saturated but just about the same amount of protein (salmon a bit less of course).
Why cut sugar in processed foods?
Combined with carbs and complex carbs your body will store these as FAT if you do not burn them off.

Yes, the debate about gaining muscle versus burning fat (?) Personally I have gained about 15% strength over the past few weeks, thus muscle has grown as I have lost a total of 20 lbs. One must provide the body with the appropriate nutrients to grow your muscles...balancing act between carbs and proteins.

PS...I am not going to site resources b/c I am not writing a Term Paper. My recommendations are based on my experiences and with coaches and trainers.
I liked your first sentence, that is why I said you should have just kept it at that.

I still don't see the point you're making about steak.

No, I'm not a nutritionist, I just learned what is correct and what has been debunked.

Combined with carbs and complex carbs your body will store these as FAT if you do not burn them off.

A caloric surplus will result in fat gain, not specific foods - your post was wrong.

I know it's not a term paper, but its important to state facts, not just your wonky suggestions that give newbies the wrong practices. It's obvious you have nothing to site because you are not writing anything factual.

Don't take it the wrong way that I'm chopping your posts up. I'm only trying to make sure the OPs get the proper advice.
      08-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #24
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
I know it's not a term paper, but its important to state facts, not just your wonky suggestions that give newbies the wrong practices. It's obvious you have nothing to site because you are not writing anything factual.

Don't take it the wrong way that I'm chopping your posts up. I'm only trying to make sure the OPs get the proper advice.
It's all about helping people and you are just a negative person that is very condescending in your remarks and not even a nutritionist. You've also hijacked this thread to blast me so have a good day and keep spreading your wealth of knowledge. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
I couldn't resist....Ummm...your first sentence and your second sentence was taken as a personal attack. If you read my first post I emphasize calorie intake v burning. What are you a "nutritionist"? Macronutrient !?

Why cut steak?
A 6-oz steak delivers about 40+ grams of fat and about 16 gr of them saturated. A salmon has about 18 gr of fat and only 4 gr of them saturated but just about the same amount of protein (salmon a bit less of course).

Why cut sugar in processed foods?

Yes, the debate about gaining muscle versus burning fat (?) Personally I have gained about 15% strength over the past few weeks, thus muscle has grown as I have lost a total of 20 lbs. One must provide the body with the appropriate nutrients to grow your muscles...balancing act between carbs and proteins.

PS...I am not going to site resources b/c I am not writing a Term Paper. My recommendations are based on my experiences and with coaches and trainers.
Your body can store most fats, proteins, and carbohydrates as fat. Whether your body does so or not depends upon your caloric intake, your basal metabolic rate, insulin/glucagon levels, etc -> which I think you are alluding to.

I personally lean towards minimizing fat and cholesterol intake, in order to maintain my cardiovascular health. The reasons for this are self-explanatory.

Also, certain carbohydrates, such as fructose (found in many processed foods) have some association to diabetes and obesity. The most recent study ("Ferder, L., Ferder, M. D., & Inserra, F. (2010). The Role of High-Fructose Corn Syrup in Metabolic Syndrome and Hypertension") suggests that fructose inhibits insulin release, leading to obesity. This is a hot topic of research, though.

Just infusing a bit of medical knowledge to the discussion.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #26
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's all about helping people and you are just a negative person that is very condescending in your remarks and not even a nutritionist. You've also hijacked this thread to blast me so have a good day and keep spreading your wealth of knowledge. Cheers

I have to be a nutritionist to tell you you're wrong? That's funny.

Helping people with correct advice is more important than giving them a mix of "what has worked for me is...".

I didn't hijack anything, I tried to get this thread in right direction by telling those following to take your advice lightly
      08-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #27
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black

funny how i debated another guy how total calorie intake had nothing to do with fat storage, that it was all hormonal, meaning the types of food you ate, and you at the other extreme that types of food have nothing to do with fat storage, its all calorie related.
my belief is that it is in the middle of the two that both have factors in fat storage. lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #28
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
funny how i debated another guy how total calorie intake had nothing to do with fat storage, that it was all hormonal, meaning the types of food you ate, and you at the other extreme that types of food have nothing to do with fat storage, its all calorie related.
my belief is that it is in the middle of the two that both have factors in fat storage. lol.
To an extent i agree. You need proper micronutrients in your diet. I support a diet of 95% whole foods ie not processed.

Everything in moderation - keep in mind one pop-tart or small McDonalds french fries (while fitting it into your calories and macros) is not going to ruin your progress.

Does that make my stance a bit more clear?
      03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
Handozizle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Go to www.bodybuilding.com and look up some information there. There's everything you need to know about fitness and nutrition on that site. Most of the info will be from professionals with a degree to back it up, so it's not just a bunch of bro-science. That's where i received all the info for my current meal plan.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #30
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 - SSII

I've been using this with great results: http://www.lookcut.com/

Takes all the thinking and measuring out of the equation.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #31
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiggs View Post
We talking whey protein? I've thought of that since I want to maximize my weight lifting and don't think I'm getting enough protein.
You can't I both at the same time. First increase your cardo to latest 45mins per day and decrease your calorie intake. Two months you should have a great 6 pack. Then you can switch up diets and go to gain weight. It's very tricky because if you add too much carbs fats into your diat to gain good size you may gain fat again. Therefore maintaining a cardio routine as part of regular workout is the key. Do not believe 1:1 ratio of carb to protein unless you are competitor and or juicer. Add shakes to your low card diet and you will be fine.
It's easy to gain weight. But it's hard to gain good weight. Good luck
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #32
platnumdesi01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

I have a personal trainer, he suggests also eating till your comfy and not over eating.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #33
exotics4life
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i (F30)

salad
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #34
Ajerthan
Bimmaaaa
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 325  [0.00]
Pasta, Chicken Breast & Veg.

Steak & Veg.

Can of tuna.

InstaGram: Ajerthan
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #35
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Supplements hard work and tons of water the ultimate bro advice
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #36
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

cooking spray + egg whites + vegies/lean meat in an omelet.

Sometimes a little low fat cheese.

salt/pepper/ketchup/hotsauce to add flavor.

Its a lot less monotonous than a sandwich and provides you a low cal (due to cooking spray and not oil) hearty meal.

For me its usually like 6 eggs whites, 4 oz lean grilled chicken breast, and some combination of onions, peppers, broc, spinach etc. This can easily be under 500 calories and keep you quite full. Cheese in moderation if you're feeling bored by it.
Appreciate 0