F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Fat Burners
ARMA SPEED

08-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Fat Burners

It seems I have hit a plateau. I'm not bulking up, just lean and cut.

Does anyone here take it? I took it here and there (2 mths on 2 mths off) and it did help me. Initially when I started using them I used Sub-Q it worked but lately not anymore. So I just bought Detonate but I haven't tried it yet.

I have my 4 pack but I just can't seem to get the bottom 2 . I eat generally healthy and usually have a cheat day during the week. I have a feeling I may need to do more of a "diet".

I do... weekly
Cardio 2-3x
HIIT - 2x
Weights - 2-3x
Yoga - 1x

EDIT: I'm not looking for a magic pill but I'm looking for a supplement. I hardly eat crap, I say I eat "generally" healthy since I can't say I eat 100% healthy all the time, perhaps I would say I eat "healthier" than the average person I guess...
I may need to increase my cardio.

Last edited by BRAISKI; 08-12-2013 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
stormzusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 15 Jag XFRS, 16 GLA45

Up cardio, increase weight, get out if your comfort zone. Do heavy deadlifts and squats, they will build your core muscles extremely well. Its not a diet, it's proper nutrition. Try upping your monounsaturated fat intake. Drink only water, tea, protein if you supplement. Stay away from sugar and whites unless pre and post workout. Eat your medicine and eat to perform.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport f30

The best was oxy elite original. Stuff was so potent it made it hard to sleep. Geranium extract aka Methylhexanamine, is a very strong stimulant/suppressant. On par with ephedra. It's all business, banned in many countries and on the chopping block in the US. Read the warnings and research. I prefer to use a meal replacement shake, eat paleo and exercise. Pre work out with cellular C4 and a gU pack, post with biorhythm aftershock, a daily vitamin pack and an iron supplement or beet juice. I get most my protein from my food, (lotsa eggs) and not us fat burners

GL
James

Last edited by jamesems; 08-12-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Took stuff before, but will never take it again. Blood pressure and resting heart rate were all messed up. Saw a doctor and they recommended I stop immediately. After I stopped, everything went back to normal. I'd rather eat better and work out and maintain an overall healthy system then try some BS to "look good" and wind up dropping dead. Different people might have different (or no) reactions, but with me it wasn't worth it.

The bottom line is that a six pack is made in the kitchen; there is no magic pill. If you're not getting results with a "generally" healthy diet, then you need to eat totally healthy. Or just live with the 4 pack. Nothing wrong with doing what you want to do, just need to manage expectations.

Just my 2 cents.
      08-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

The bottom line is that a six pack is made in the kitchen; there is no magic pill.
Just my 2 cents.

Word!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Good comments!

But ya I am not looking for a magic/miracle pill lol. If I have NO 4 pack and if I was fat AND if I didn't workout then yes I would be looking for a magic pill. I know what you mean sadly the comment for magic pill doesnt apply on what I'm looking for . They are called "supplements" for a reason, I workout and eat properly, not a couch potato and a drive through junkie .

I am very aware that those "fat burners" are never healthy and its terrible, I just need different "jump start"

At the end of the day everyone reacts differently to things, I know someone who eats shit and still has six-pack, works out here and there. BUT that doesnt mean he is healthy!

Anyways I rarely eat white bread, pasta and rice.

So here is the basic breakdown of my "generally" eating healthy...

Breakfast
- Smoothie (10+ different real fruits), hemp oil, flax oil, yogurt, walnuts, cashews, almond, carrot juice, coconut water to name a few
- Oatmeals (large flakes or steelcut oats, cooked with ground flax & chia seeds) with milk or almond milk, walnuts, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds and maple syrup to get it sweet.

Food usually lunch
- Brown rice with Quinoa and Amaranth and assorted vegetables
- Vegetable mix
- I usually bake my stuff or fry using coconut oil.
- Chicken, Tuna (not from can!). Beef soup with tendons and morrow and tons of veggies

Dinner
- Eggs
- Milk
- Usually no garnish
- After workout protein shake
- Usually no carbs

Snacks
- Fruits
- Nuts

And every month or so I do treat myself like going wings or some Chinese food with MSG! Weekly I have my sweet latte or ice coffee, sweets here and there. But I don't eat them often, just to keep my sanity.

I hardly drink beer or pop and eat chips.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesems View Post

Word!
Exactly and so as fat ppl
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post

I hardly drink beer or pop and eat chips.
Try to reduce drinking to 0, as I noticed that few beers / drinks on the weekends always diminishes my performance on Monday plus usually adds a couple pounds compared to Friday.

I'm in a similar boat, but I did not do cardio and was still losing weight which stopped recently, so now will add cardio on top of lifting.

On another note, tried Hydorxycut sometime before and I was just too wired, plus food tasted as nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by litxus View Post
Try to reduce drinking to 0, as I noticed that few beers / drinks on the weekends always diminishes my performance on Monday plus usually adds a couple pounds compared to Friday.

I'm in a similar boat, but I did not do cardio and was still losing weight which stopped recently, so now will add cardio on top of lifting.

On another note, tried Hydorxycut sometime before and I was just too wired, plus food tasted as nothing.

There was a time when I drank few beers a week and now maximum 1 (a week) and thats just because trying to socialized. When I drink I make my 1 drink last.

I actually tried Hydroxycut Elite Hardcore, it does work for suppressing your hunger/cravings this is usually great for people who can't control eating. It has tons of caffeine so it does raise your heart rate. I actually made a mistake in buying Hydroxycut without the "correct" info. I honestly bought it cause it was "popular" but when I told the guys at the supplement store, they said this is not for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

There's a book titled "Clean" by Junger (name's such a reveal, bwahaha). In this the good Dr. suggests (canned version ) our liver can only process so much toxin and that ETOH is stored in our fat until the liver can get to it. So our bodies will retain fat to store ETOH.

ETOH = Alcohol

Hope that point isn't too fuzzy.

Moral of story - lay off booze. Skirt complex carb, eat protein (1.Nutrition). Burn more than you consume (2. Exercise). Get quality sleep (3. Rest/Recover)
Also, don't be so restrictive you fail.

Consider a fitness device.
Fitbit Flex
Nike Fuel Band
Jawbone Up
Amiigo
Misfit Shine
GPS/HR monitor watch - Garmin, Nike, Magellan
WiFi Scale - Wahoo or Aria
B/P cuff

Track yourself like you would a household budget

GL
James
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
Exactly and so as fat ppl
Can I get an "AMEN"
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Great info!

I actually have a HRM from Polar, FT80 which track my calorie burn every exercise I do. Even calculates they VO2Max.

One of the things maybe for me is sleep, I usually sleep around 6 hrs maybe 7 if I'm lucky been trying to get 8 but seems to be difficult for me.

Few mistakes I made...
Not enough rest between workouts, late last year there was a time I was doing 20+ hrs a week both cardio and weights and only resting 1 day a week. I was burning about 15000 calories a week (based on my HRM). After few months I started developing shin splints. So this wasn't really good for the body.

On a side not my BF% is about 10.5%, based on those electronic measurement from the gym used by the trainers.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

Its a marathon not a race. Alot of folks get on a roll and overwork to injury or are so restrictive they become guilt fraught with any so called "cheat"; and either double down on the exercise to injury or just throw in the towel all together. I think seeing progress is the key to success. Seeing improvements is a huge motivator. But we all peak when focusing on one element, be it strength, cardio, or flexibility. The secret to consistent gains and improved motivation is to MIX IT UP!.

Weights, run, swim, cross fit, martial arts, dance, yoga. many different activities improves overall fitness; doing multiple activities will lend to one another and keep us motivated and focused. Go try something new. Find the time. no excuses..i have 4 kids under 8 and work 240 hours a month min and find time. you can too.

Just Do It. (NIke™....all logo permissions acquired prior to usage)

Last edited by jamesems; 08-12-2013 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
stormzusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

•The abs aren't magic special muscle, they're muscles just like your chest, biceps, tricepts etc. To force them to grow, follow the same rules for training as you would any other muscle group. Low reps, heavy weights.
•Doing high rep ab exercises does little to strengthen your abs or make them larger, it will however increase endurance.....Doing high rep ab exercises burns very few calories, and therefore, will do little to reduce body fat.
•To see your abs, you must reduce your BF%. Proper nutrition and exercise are the best way to reduce body fat. To burn the most calories per hour, you must exercise your large muscle groups, such as legs, and chest.
•Calories in<Calories out
•I'm telling you up your fat intake, your omega's and monounsaturated.
•DEADLIFTS AND SQUATS....you will not see them if you don't have any muscle. Time to change your routine, your body has adapted to what you're currently doing......

Don't believe me? Google this stuff.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

odd ending...
"Dont believe me"?

Why would anyone doubt that info?

P.S. Abs are not a hallmark of fitness. Be fit and eventually you will look the part
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
stormzusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

if he's asking a car forum for fitness advice then he could be possibly doubting the info. He is also saying he is not doing much heavy weight training. His nutrition is decent as he is incorporating many extremely beneficial foods that most people don't bother with (chia, flax, coconut oil, quinoa) but not spot on but he also does not know much about fats, though he is eating nuts and what not. When I mention adding monounsaturated fats as well as other fats people get skeptical when that's is mentioned. As now a days people automatically think if they eat fat and carbs they will get fat.

Indeed abs are part of a well balanced physique and more of a show for women and prove that you have low body fat.

Last edited by stormzusmc; 08-12-2013 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

I dont agree with heavy weight training either. I know too many cross fitters that have wrecked themselves doing heavy weights. Granted weight lifting is one the most efficient calorie burning mechanisms, it's also tough on ligaments, tendons, bones and muscle. To each their own but i prefer light weight/high reps. iso/plyometrics, cardio - paddle, surf swim, run and bike. But hey, there's not one answer to this question. But this old man has a lot of friends that use to lift heavy and cant raise their arms over they're heads any longer. While i'm as flexible and fit as my 20's
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also, monounsaturated fats are a ton more healthy than poly for certain, but tend to be calorie dense, e.g., nuts/avocados. so caution should be taken if trying to cut weight to consider their density. Omegas3s' derived from fish protein are a bonus but its fish is primarily a protein. so eat up. just be cautious of the mercury and eat line caught. Farm raised can be grain fed and hormone laden - be cautious.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep

oh and eat very little if any dairy and cereal grains
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
stormzusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesems View Post
I dont agree with heavy weight training either. I know too many cross fitters that have wrecked themselves doing heavy weights. Granted weight lifting is one the most efficient calorie burning mechanisms, it's also tough on ligaments, tendons, bones and muscle. To each their own but i prefer light weight/high reps. iso/plyometrics, cardio - paddle, surf swim, run and bike. But hey, there's not one answer to this question. But this old man has a lot of friends that use to lift heavy and cant raise their arms over they're heads any longer. While i'm as flexible and fit as my 20's
Crossfitters injuring themselves...? No way?! That's because they don't focus on proper form....

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...-benefits.aspx

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...ect-squat.aspx

Please continue to tell me that all these body builders you know who can't walk through door ways etc. Some may have decreased range of motion sure, if you're Jay Cutler....Most educated body builders will use proper stretching, rolling, recovery, massage, techniques, this will actually improve range of motion. Simply being alive is tough on your body lol but dead is worse.

Actually lifting weights improves bone density, improper form can however be bad on your bones/ligaments/joints if you don't listen to your bodies signals.

Pyolometrics and isometrics are apart of a good fitness plan. Cardio in some forms can be great, but recovery is just as important. I'm sure you know that running in long distances can be bad for you, paddling can give you tendonitis....

Now doing the same light weights or same heavy weights won't yield you the best results. Keeping your body guessing so it can adapt is what it needs. Otherwise it will get used to the same old light weights, same old heavy stuff...That's how you get better by challenging your body, giving it something to change for. There is a use for light weight....It's to change up your routine. Lifting heavy will increase your muscle, which in turn will help you in the long run, it will assist in injury prevention later down the road.

Nuts and avocados are calorie dense indeed. I'm not talking about having 6 of them a day with a jar of peanut butter.
Again I will defer to Mercola.com

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-benefits.aspx

Dairy is going to give you a bigger "gut" bloated feeling, cutting it out is best and replacing it with other types of calories, IE the fats I was talking about.

You have to take a ton of low quality fish oil to have any effects of Mercury poisoning. I take pharmacy grade liquid, not gel caps, but actual liquid. Some believe that Krill oil is better.

It does all boil down to what you want to do.

From someone who is:
30 years old
69"
190lbs
14% BF
1RM
Squat 535
DL 535
Bench 325
3 mile run fastest in 19:43
24 Pulls ups

My advice...constantly change, never have a routine but focus on the heavy compound lifts, eat well, don't skip the fats. Take a solid multi. Know your calories in and calories out. SLEEP!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, C300, Audi Q7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormzusmc View Post
Crossfitters injuring themselves...? No way?! That's because they don't focus on proper form....

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...-benefits.aspx

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...ect-squat.aspx

Please continue to tell me that all these body builders you know who can't walk through door ways etc. Some may have decreased range of motion sure, if you're Jay Cutler....Most educated body builders will use proper stretching, rolling, recovery, massage, techniques, this will actually improve range of motion. Simply being alive is tough on your body lol but dead is worse.

Actually lifting weights improves bone density, improper form can however be bad on your bones/ligaments/joints if you don't listen to your bodies signals.

Pyolometrics and isometrics are apart of a good fitness plan. Cardio in some forms can be great, but recovery is just as important. I'm sure you know that running in long distances can be bad for you, paddling can give you tendonitis....

Now doing the same light weights or same heavy weights won't yield you the best results. Keeping your body guessing so it can adapt is what it needs. Otherwise it will get used to the same old light weights, same old heavy stuff...That's how you get better by challenging your body, giving it something to change for. There is a use for light weight....It's to change up your routine. Lifting heavy will increase your muscle, which in turn will help you in the long run, it will assist in injury prevention later down the road.

Nuts and avocados are calorie dense indeed. I'm not talking about having 6 of them a day with a jar of peanut butter.
Again I will defer to Mercola.com

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-benefits.aspx

Dairy is going to give you a bigger "gut" bloated feeling, cutting it out is best and replacing it with other types of calories, IE the fats I was talking about.

You have to take a ton of low quality fish oil to have any effects of Mercury poisoning. I take pharmacy grade liquid, not gel caps, but actual liquid. Some believe that Krill oil is better.

It does all boil down to what you want to do.

From someone who is:
30 years old
69"
190lbs
14% BF
1RM
Squat 535
DL 535
Bench 325
3 mile run fastest in 19:43
24 Pulls ups

My advice...constantly change, never have a routine but focus on the heavy compound lifts, eat well, don't skip the fats. Take a solid multi. Know your calories in and calories out. SLEEP!
Good points. If there was anything I could do better is SLEEP! I am dreafull at it for whatever reason.

That said, and back on topic. I've used Oxyelite Pro (original stuff) with great results. Although the original mix is becoming hard to find these days.
      09-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #22
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

EC Stack / end thread.

Seriously, try to change diet and increase cardio first. If you're adamant about a diet pill supplement you can't beat EC/ECA in terms of efficacy and price.
Appreciate 0