F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Deposit with condition
Extreme Powerhouse

07-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
tubbyc
Rep
Drives: mazda3

Deposit with condition

Hi Guys,

recently, I paid $1000 deposit for a X3 at an BMW dealership. At that time, they did not have a Xdrive28 available for me to test drive, only the diesel version. Therefore, at that time, they put a subject line for my deposit "subject to viewing" on the contract, and told me that if I do not like the car and how it handles when the car arrives, they will gladly refund my deposit.

At that time, the dealership did not know about the Sparkling brown color and did not even ask me about the trim, and optional wheel that is available for the X3, they also did not have brochure for the 2015 at that time either. I only found out later that I could have picked the interior trim and optional wheel. So if the car comes and I do not like the car, will I have trouble getting my deposit back? I am not sure how much I should trust the dealership, even though they wrote "subject to viewing" on the contract and have me initial it besides the clause.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I found that you should have no problem walking away from the deal and getting your deposit back.
Appreciate 0