F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > EPS replaced, still no communication
GetBMWParts

04-18-2024, 07:52 PM   #1
Grateful_Newt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i

EPS replaced, still no communication

I destroyed my EPS with an unfortunate slip of my floor jack a month ago. In the process, the bottom electrical connector (BOSH6P-F) took the brunt of the force, and was also destroyed.
After finally locating an eps motor with a matching part number, and soldering on a new connector, my car still has zero communication with the EPS unit.
A month ago, when I last drove the car, the EPS worked perfectly, and I have no reason to suspect a problem anywhere else in the system other than what was damaged by my jack. The only two things that have changed since then, are the replacement eps unit from a 2018 330e, and the Bosch 6 pin connector that I replaced. I'm trying to figure out what is causing my car's lack of communication with the new unit. It seems to me that the cause could be one or both of the following things, but I don't have a way to find out.
Either: I did the worst possible soldering job of all time, and the joints I made aren't conductive, or;
The seller who I bought the unit from sold me one which isn't functional.

I understand that the new unit needs programmed to my VIN number, and then the standard service functions performed/coded, but I can't get this done without being able to communicate with the unit, it seems. I have ISTA, E-SYS, and Psdzdata full, but do not know how to use them. If anyone has any advice, I would be eternally grateful. If anyone here felt like jumping in and taking a look, I'm happy to give access via Teamviewer or Utraviewer. Thanks in advance, my friends. I do hope to drive this car again someday.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 12:01 AM   #2
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Like on picture you can try to change wiring from flexray so mean on connector A67*1B change position pin 1 and 4 and do measuring on pin 6 if you getting power. If this didn`t help you and like you now port is open and eps in vcm written your eps die
Attached Images

Yesterday, 09:52 AM   #3
JuniorTech
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 340i Msport & G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful_Newt View Post
I destroyed my EPS with an unfortunate slip of my floor jack a month ago. In the process, the bottom electrical connector (BOSH6P-F) took the brunt of the force, and was also destroyed.
After finally locating an eps motor with a matching part number, and soldering on a new connector, my car still has zero communication with the EPS unit.
A month ago, when I last drove the car, the EPS worked perfectly, and I have no reason to suspect a problem anywhere else in the system other than what was damaged by my jack. The only two things that have changed since then, are the replacement eps unit from a 2018 330e, and the Bosch 6 pin connector that I replaced. I'm trying to figure out what is causing my car's lack of communication with the new unit. It seems to me that the cause could be one or both of the following things, but I don't have a way to find out.
Either: I did the worst possible soldering job of all time, and the joints I made aren't conductive, or;
The seller who I bought the unit from sold me one which isn't functional.

I understand that the new unit needs programmed to my VIN number, and then the standard service functions performed/coded, but I can't get this done without being able to communicate with the unit, it seems. I have ISTA, E-SYS, and Psdzdata full, but do not know how to use them. If anyone has any advice, I would be eternally grateful. If anyone here felt like jumping in and taking a look, I'm happy to give access via Teamviewer or Utraviewer. Thanks in advance, my friends. I do hope to drive this car again someday.
see PM