F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > starting the insanity system tomorrow
Studio RSR

06-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #23
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

though i will comment that the insanity commercials are a bit misleading, gaiz. you need a pull-up bar, dumbbells, and resistance cords
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #24
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

P90x is crazy effective. But this one is a bit harder with amazing results.
I have tried p90x few years back but some of the exercises gather unwanted attention at the gym
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #25
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
though i will comment that the insanity commercials are a bit misleading, gaiz. you need a pull-up bar, dumbbells, and resistance cords
No you don't, you are confusing p90 with insanity. I do insanity 5 times per week, the only one of the workout vids you need those things for are the upper body weight training. All 12 other videos require no equipment
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #26
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
No you don't, you are confusing p90 with insanity. I do insanity 5 times per week, the only one of the workout vids you need those things for are the upper body weight training. All 12 other videos require no equipment
Correct.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
and the informercial never said "you need dumbbells, resistance cords, and a pull up bar for one of the sessions"

btw, you also need the ladder. not sure what else might be needed since i only did the program for a week.

take a deep breath everyone, it's ok (you'd think i was attacking their jesus or something)

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 06-17-2013 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
and the informercial never said "you need dumbbells, resistance cords, and a pull up bar for one of the sessions"

btw, you also need the ladder. not sure what else might be needed since i only did the program for a week.

take a deep breath everyone, it's ok (you'd think i was attacking their jesus or something)
you didnt hear...? Shawn T is the resurrection of christ

But the ladder is also for Insanity Asylum, that is the second set of videos and they you do need them for. These videos are all available via torrents online
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

For Asylum 1 & 2, you need quite a bit. Ladder, jump rope, pull-up bar, dumbbells or resistance bands (dumbbells are better), optional is kettlebell.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #30
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

oh yeah, jump rope also. never got to a kettlebell session.

but like i said, the infomercial leads you to think you only need the dvds... and it's far from it. therefore, misleading. though that doesn't take away from the quality of the classes.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #31
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, C300, Audi Q7

Garage List
I actually liked the simplicity of the Insanity system. No equipment, very little space needed. Just pop-in the DVD and follow along.

Although, after about 1.5 rounds of it, I found the 45 to 1hr sessions to be far more than I needed to maintain or even improve.

So I went with weights combined with HIIT activities every other day to keep the fat in check and its worked quite well. I exercise no more than 30 minutes per session these days.

But...from time-to-time...I give the plyo DVD a run.

Good program for sure.
      09-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
martini
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Has anyone tried T25. I was doing P90x for over 6 months and it worked great but I was starting to get bored and couldn't get motivated to spend an hour every night working out. T25 is 25 minutes and it's awesome. I've heard its basically Insanity in 25 minutes rather than the full hour. I'm in relatively good shape and it's kicking my ass and I'm on week 2. Plus, 25 minutes goes by so fast so you actually seem to work harder cause you know it's going to be done soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #33
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Has anyone tried T25. I was doing P90x for over 6 months and it worked great but I was starting to get bored and couldn't get motivated to spend an hour every night working out. T25 is 25 minutes and it's awesome. I've heard its basically Insanity in 25 minutes rather than the full hour. I'm in relatively good shape and it's kicking my ass and I'm on week 2. Plus, 25 minutes goes by so fast so you actually seem to work harder cause you know it's going to be done soon.
I'm in a Gamma round of T25.

It's different. In a good way.
Gets my heart rate up and I have a long way to go before I could do everything they do with no breaks.
Don't compare it with Insanity because they are completely different programs designed for different purposes.
Alpha round will seem easy if you are an Insanity grad. I just did a week of that and jumped straight into beta round, which is fairly intense. Gamma is kickin my ass.
U will need dumbbells + mat. Pull-up bar is optional. You could use resistance bands, but I find them hard to use for such fast pace workouts.

Shaun T is coming with a Delta round, can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #34
martini
Private
Rep

I'm in 3rd week of Alpha round so I have a ways to go. Did you start off at Alpha? Have you noticed improvements?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #35
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Did you guys complete T25? I am nearing the end of Alpha Week 4. Never done anything like this before, always just ran. Each day of Alpha it's getting a little easier for me. What can I expect in Beta?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #36
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
I'm in 3rd week of Alpha round so I have a ways to go. Did you start off at Alpha? Have you noticed improvements?
Skipped alpha round after 1 week. Jumping from Insanity to T25 Alpha was too much of a slow down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Did you guys complete T25? I am nearing the end of Alpha Week 4. Never done anything like this before, always just ran. Each day of Alpha it's getting a little easier for me. What can I expect in Beta?
Beta is more core work. Gamma is more muscle work.

This is a good program to get you toned.

It won't give you any significant muscle gains (and it wasn't designed to), but you can't really do better in 25 minutes.

I'm off T25 for now and will go for another beta/gamma round once it's spring time for cutting.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #37
martini
Private
Rep

I'm on my 2nd round of Beta and I agree with koreez88, you can't really do better in 25 minutes. After doing 3 rounds of p90x, t25 really does a great job focusing on tone and core rather than p90x focusing on many different things. I'm also finding it much easier to go through the routines the more you do it, which is obviously what you'd expect. A friend of mine started gamma and said the same thing, it's more muscle work than core. I may try p90x3 once I get bored of T25
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #38
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
I've got a week and a half left of Beta. I thought I was going to trip over my feet and break my neck the first day of Alpha, but glad I have stuck with it.

I'm down a pants size and about 15 pounds.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #39
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

I just started back on Insanity this past week, so Saturday I will be beginning round 2. Last time I tried to do insanity I only did it for a week (moved and stopped exercising and eating terribly). I'm hoping for good results, not really looking to get ripped or toned, just trying to slim back down to what I was at during college.

Been doing Atkins and it's always helped me in weight loss, and also doing insanity. I haven't weighed myself but I feel better for sure. Sore because I haven't really worked out since high school (6 yrs ago now) I usually just diet to stay at a comfortable weight. I just hope I can keep it up, I have a bad habit of starting a diet and having one bad day and just going off the cliff
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #40
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

I did p90x and insanity back-to-back a few years ago and got into the absolute best shape of my life. But like a lot of people I got lazy, worked out less and less and ate worse and worse. I also got a lot more responsibility at work which added some stress and contributed to the lower quality lifestyle. I spent about a year or so at a weight that I was unhappy with. I finally decided I was fed up with it a few months ago and started eating better and re-started Insanity. I have one more week to go and as before, I am very happy with my results. I am not completely back to where I was a few years ago because I do not have the same muscle that p90x creates and my abs are not as defined, but I am finally at a weight and fitness level that I am satisfied with.

I would love to do the Asylum next, but I don't have enough space, mainly because a jump rope will hit the ceilings in the room where I work out. So instead I was thinking of doing T25 next, but then I came across p90x3, which I believe came out pretty recently. It might be the perfect program for me at this point because I would like to gain some more muscle, but I really can't bear the thought of doing p90x again, despite the great results I've had in the past. The workouts are just too long and Tony Horton is just not as dynamic and fun as Shaun T. However, p90x3 is similar to T25 in that it compresses the workout into a much shorter time frame, in this case 30 minutes! If that means I get essentially the same results as p90x, with half the corny Tony Horton jokes, then I'm in! Anyone else have any direct experience with x3?

Appreciate 0