F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > e39 M5 and e92 335i on the autobahn
Studio RSR

03-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

e39 M5 and e92 335i on the autobahn

I was heading home from Heidelberg today and merged into traffic in front of another BMW. It was a quick merge, and I remember hoping the guy didn't take offense and think I was driving like a jerk.
Well, when we hit the autobahn, he got in the fast lane and went past. I then noticed the M5 badge on the back. I thought to myself, "Better get used to this view cause that's all you will see from here on out."
I got behind him and traffic began to clear. When the lane was clear he hit it and I followed. I was surprised to find that he didn't leave me behind. In fact, I stayed with him very well with him only pulling about half a car length gap. Then we hit the exit.
Now the exit is a two lane 90 degree right hand turn, a straight and then a hard 90 left. He was in front and took the inside lane, so I decided to try him on the outside lane. I was able to gain an advantage on the brakes into the curve and ended up side by side through the right hander.
I look over and he is laughing and giving thumbs up
I gave him the thumbs up too; good to know that people like him are out there driving BMWs.
If you are on the board, thanks for a great drive home!

Cliffs: m5 and 335i on the autobahn
M5 pulls half car length in straight
335i catches up in entrance to curve on late brakes
Even through the curve.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Wow, inclusion of cliffnotes without request! Good on ya!

Also, that's awesome that you found a genuinely cool driver on the road who's willing to give the thumbs up every now and then. Cool story.
Appreciate 0