F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Need some help
ARMA SPEED

07-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Need some help

I used to be a very active person, doing a lot of professional sport, swimming for high school, basketball for college, and after i finish it - i said FUCK IT, and i stopped doing anything for about 8 years. Now i became a fatso, with weight of 220 pounds. So now, i`m trying to do some work outs in Gym, but i feel like i have no power (energy to do so). At work i`m falling a sleep, and etc.

Question is - is there a some kinda healthy energy (food, drinks), i can use to get mojo back?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
I used to be a very active person, doing a lot of professional sport, swimming for high school, basketball for college, and after i finish it - i said FUCK IT, and i stopped doing anything for about 8 years. Now i became a fatso, with weight of 220 pounds. So now, i`m trying to do some work outs in Gym, but i feel like i have no power (energy to do so). At work i`m falling a sleep, and etc.

Question is - is there a some kinda healthy energy (food, drinks), i can use to get mojo back?
what are u eating? how often are you eating? and congrats on coming back. its not easy but at least you've taken the first steps

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
what are u eating? how often are you eating? and congrats on coming back. its not easy but at least you've taken the first steps
i eat anything (no fast food tho), and i eat in morning around 7am, than launch around 11am and supper around 7pm
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Define healthy?
      07-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Define healthy?
not things like red bull
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
not things like red bull
Care to elaborate?

No bubbles?

Not in a can?
      07-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #7
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I can relate to you simply because I was a fatass at one point (227lbs; 6' and only 19 years old at the time) and now I consider myself pretty fit (180lbs; 21 and with a low bf %).

You have to start slow but stay consistent, and it's going to require a strong will. Keep reminding yourself that you want to change the way you look and feel.

How are your sleeping patterns and eating habits? Do you get at least 30 mins of rigorous physical activity a day?

A good starting point is to eat clean and eat smart. You don't have to do any diet bullshit. Just slow down when you're eating and manage your portions. Don't snack unless you have to and drink plenty of water. Eat fruits/veggies as snacks if you really have an urge.

Get plenty of sleep but don't oversleep. Too much/little will fuck with your metabolism.

Start walking/jogging at least 30 mins a day and begin some light resistance work. You'll feel like you're getting back into the swing of things and you'll experience that wholesome body feeling again. All you have to do is make sure you don't cheat yourself and stay consistent.

It's not rocket science and it worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Just doing cardio and running everyday won't really burn of that much fat or make you look good. I know because i tried it. My cardio went up, but my physical appearance wasn't at its best. Take a look into something called interval training. You have to make your heart rate go up and down like crazy to burn of maximum fat. Also remember this, what you eat accounts for 70% of your fitness and working out accounts for 30%.
      03-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:

How old are you?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #10
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 Loaded

Make your own superfood. Organic non gmo ingredients and mainly dark green leafy mixed with different colored fruits and vegetables. Either eat a good amount of fish or supplement with ultra purified organic fish oil.

I make a batch of superfood At the bbeginning of the week and try At least to drink one big glass a day of it everyday. Stay away from foods with commercials lol. Drink lots of water amd get enough rest. And remember its mind over matter so control your thoughts and mind states. Theres a flip button in your mind to get what you know you have to do done and you just have to find that switch and make it habitual.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #11
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yea and what quin said. Regular exercise. Mind over matter. Good luck. Feel free to pm me if you want to pick my brain. Check out paleodiet also.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Biggest problem I noticed is that, after working for myself (being an business owner). I don't have juicy to do any exercises. I work from 6.30am in the morning till 7pm. I do understand that I need to start with some sort of healty diet. Don't know where to start.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
Rep

Nutrition. Work less if you can. But if youre work completely consumes you Just Switch it up. Do something that allows the time you need to be happy.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

Easy to say, I realize, but you have to find a balance. If work is very important to you at present , then set a goal regarding when you can back off and start to focus on you...then stick to the commitment. I've been in business for myself before so I know how easy it is to focus on the biz. At the same time, life is short, and if you don't focus on balance then all you strive for goes out the window regardless. Pick some priorities and stick to the pan. Also, read the Traction book.

Last edited by strokeoluck; 07-28-2013 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #15
Hurricane
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 C63 507

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

What time are you working out? In the morning? I am in decent shape but I can't work out in the morning. I've tried but by the time 1:00 PM comes around I'm beat.
Appreciate 0