F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > About to start bicycling
ARMA SPEED

01-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #45
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Good idea to try it and see if it fits. I hope the bike works out for you - getting the wrong bike at the wrong place can have unintended consequences that could put you off the sport. If you aren't fitted properly, you'll hate it. If you are uncomfortable in 30minutes, you will be absolutely MISERABLE after an hour and a half (that's 30 miles at 20mph average, which is pretty fast if you have hills anywhere near you).

Good luck Vlad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
Nice! I'm doing about 20 miles each time (22 miles today).

Sounds like you are moving ahead with your biking.

I got my bike for about ~$240 + 3 years extended warranty (includes 3 annual tune ups). I figured, I can try it out for year or so, and if I like it I'll get nicer bike later.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
xavier1000
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I don't even recall where I put my bike, has been about 6 years since I rode a bike for the last time.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #47
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

just started riding a few months ago. i ride a raleigh talus 29er on the trail, and a raleigh revenio 2.0 with shimano 105 components on the road. some pretty good trails in my area, i've been riding this one the past couple weekends. actually just broke my fork and had a few nasty falls doing this trail:

pretty fun trail, i really need to get a full suspension bike to freeride though.
Appreciate 0