BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

12-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
Untouchable
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

South Motors BMW

Hello All, just want to leave some feedback for the stand up General Manager and others at South Motors BMW. My family have been customers at South Motors for many years, rough estimate about 16 years, and about 14 leased/purchased vehicles between my Father, Mother, Brother, My wife, his wife etc. Four years ago, a friend introduced me to the forums and awesome vendors like Steve Thomas BMW and awesome people like Ryan Amico, David Aviles, Golfrr, etc. I worked out a deal for an E90 M3. My father was skeptical about the process of ordering from another dealership across the country, and asked me to come with him to try to get the same or close to it deal from South Motors. Out of respect, I decided to humor him and we went to South Motors, my father insisted on doing the talking. I educated him about the dealership invoice, price of packages of the makeup of the car, and the deal Ryan Amico and Steve Thomas were offering (at the time $500 over invoice plus Maco fees). We did the whole song and dance, back and forth with the manager reviewing and counter offering. After not making any real progress, he then he says, ok, its your turn. I politely told the South Motors sales rep the deal I had on the table, and offered $1000 on top (figuring the cost of plane tickets for my wife and I, gas, tolls, convenience of not having to take off work etc of going to the performance center). They said at that deal, they were losing money, so we thanked them for their time and left. Since then, I have ordered my wife's 550i and now an X5 to replace the 550i. Both times, I offered them the same deal, since they were nice enough to let us test drive the cars, I offered $1000 over the deal I got from Steve Thomas (knowing they wouldn't accept, but come on, $1500-$1700 over dealer invoice for repeat customers of 12-14 years doesn't seem unreasonable). Anyways, I can't make a long story short, I've already babbled on for a bit, I have done performance center deliver twice and have been to two day M school. Although it is always a blast, I have two young boys now, leaving them with my parents and having to find someone to cover for me at work, is an inconvenience to too many people. I opted for courtesy delivery. I was informed by Steve Thomas BMW reps that South Motors had agreed to do courtesy delivery for $600, I happily agreed. The Next day, I get a message from a very nice young lady from Steve Thomas saying after seeing my name on the paper work, they rejected the courtesy delivery. Sour grapes for not getting mine or my wife's business sure, I can understand that, but my Mother and Father still lease/buy cars there regularly. After telling my father, I think they lost his business, so tack on two new customers for Steve Thomas BMW. I wanted to inform the rest of the forum how South Motors BMW does business. Steve Thomas BMW, David Aviles, Katie (I don't know her least name) are awesome, friendly, so easy to do business, I can't say enough good things about them, if you live in Miami, and you want a BMW, don't hesitate to give Steve Thomas BMW a chance at your business, its a no brainer.
Appreciate 0