F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW's treated differently by pickup trucks?
Extreme Powerhouse
View Poll Results: Are BMW's treated differently by pickup truck drivers?
Yes 24 60.00%
No 16 40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

09-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #23
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 335i Msport-PPK, 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
EVERYONE gets treated differently by pickup drivers where I live. I have a theory that with respect to pickups and their drivers, there is an inverse relationship between tire size and penis size.
Is it just tires or also how high the truck has been jacked up?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuS View Post
I've noticed truck drivers love to dish it out, but cannot take it back. They get really, really upset when they try to own the road and lose - almost like big bullies in a way.
You summarized a lot of my experiences with that description. Thanks.

Probably because typically they might have more torque than the average sedan, even some luxury models, so they feel like they can own the road.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
Carmen SanDiego
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
EVERYONE gets treated differently by pickup drivers where I live. I have a theory that with respect to pickups and their drivers, there is an inverse relationship between tire size and penis size.
Whenever you see jacked up trucks with jerk drivers just say "Sorry about your penis!"
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #26
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidekickChuck View Post
Interesting post, but I have not had any issues with trucks in SoCal.
ive seen this kind of behavior around some of the coastal OC cities where things get a little "bro-y" and san diego, usually around the bases or if you go east county.
      09-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #27
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen SanDiego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
Whenever you see jacked up trucks with jerk drivers just say "Sorry about your penis!"
Lol girls can say that!

I have more trouble with prius drivers. I stay away from big trucks and suvs as they sometimes literally cant even see you.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
More like, to prevent carjacking. To prevent robbery. To protect myself and those that may be with me. And yes, in the event of road rage. I'd hate to cause harm to any human being, but unfortunately, all of society doesn't think like that.
If they can't figure it out on their own, they never will. That's the difference between "sheeple" and people.
      09-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #29
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Lol girls can say that!

I have more trouble with prius drivers. I stay away from big trucks and suvs as they sometimes literally cant even see you.
I stay away from lifted trucks and SUVs (even though I own a PUV) b/c a lot of times, the wider tires will stray into the shoulder, picking up debris and spraying it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #30
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname
Quote:
Lol girls can say that!

I stay away from lifted trucks and SUVs (even though I own a PUV) b/c a lot of times, the wider tires will stray into the shoulder, picking up debris and spraying it.
Yea ppl look at me strange when im strafing halfway into the next lane when passing huge trucks, bigrigs, buses exactly because of crap flying out of their tires.

Its funny because when i look back, you see a row of cars doing the same thing. Must be a good idea if it causes a mokey see monkey do chain reaction
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #31
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemenmocha View Post
I've driven economy cars most of my life until mid 30's when we could afford our first luxury car. Also still own a Nissan. So I'm coming from a historical baseline of different experiences as well as a current set of experiences.

Anyway, after many examples I really think pickup drivers have a thing for BMW's - speeding up so they can't be passed by a BMW especially, but also cutting off, tailgating, and a few other very direct & aggressive behaviors. Anyone else noticed this? I'm very conscious that I'm not causing anything either. Or maybe it's just Arizona... as some have told me we're basically a red-neck state without an identifiable slur of speech.

Poll to be posted here too.
All the freakin time. And when my family's is not in the car I often confront them! I always smile inside when I get out of the car and they see a large pissed of dude!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #32
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea ppl look at me strange when im strafing halfway into the next lane when passing huge trucks, bigrigs, buses exactly because of crap flying out of their tires.

Its funny because when i look back, you see a row of cars doing the same thing. Must be a good idea if it causes a mokey see monkey do chain reaction
That's one thing I really wish police would enforce more often - the illegal practice of putting on oversized wheels on pickup trucks without the flaps. They're damaging other cars every time they drive, whether it is windshield or paint damage. They know they're doing this too, but they just don't care.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #33
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen SanDiego View Post
I once left a note on a truck that said:

"Nice truck!!! Sorry about the small penis "
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #34
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemenmocha View Post
Is it just tires or also how high the truck has been jacked up?
Either.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #35
Desmo85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 / E87 / E89

We havent got Trucks/Pickups over here but the same kind of people drive Audi/VW Station wagons and seem to feel the need to "teach you whos boss" on the road
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #36
Carmen SanDiego
Rep
Drives: 135i

Had an issue today with some jerk in a big truck.

On the way home from work the guy following me in a big truck almost slammed into me when I slowed down so the car in front of me could turn. Then he decided to come around me in the center turn only lane and pace me and scream profanities.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #37
imyopusha
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP in Singapore Gray

Yes, pickup drivers do. The same goes for Mercedes- even more so. The Diesel F-250s ALWAYS want to race my GL450. ALWAYS. The last guy raced me to see who would win the merge. I won. After I let him pass when we both came onto the highway he king of just laughed as I passed as if he knew he would lose, but just wanted to race a "Mercedes-Benz"... I think the same goes for BMW too. Funny, though. This never happened in my 2010 IS350.
2012 335i (SOLD)
Instagram- AY_M3 My ED thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1176511
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #38
charles328
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive

My wife drives an F150 FX4, no wonder she's always riding my a$$ :-)

BMW is pretty common where we're at, I had more trouble when I had my 97 Cobra convertible than with any other car I've owned. Was keyed twice, dirty looks, merge trouble, people smack talking at red lights, etc...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #39
thai357sig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I drove my 2006 Limited AWD Sienna for 3 years and I drove it aggressively. In 2008 I ordered my 2009 M3. I sensed it then with the Washington DC Rednecks, but after the M3 not so much. I. Too busy cutting the mother F*****kers off to even noticed. They are just a distance memory in my rear view mirror.
      09-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #40
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
Yep, I noticed the same thing. I usually return aggression right back at them.

If they tailgate I get aggressive by slowing down on purpose and then speed up if they try to pass angrily. This makes them even more mad and I just enjoy enraging them. It gives me such pleasure!

They have threatened by getting into my line, flipping me off and signaling to pull over and get into a fight. I usually respond by going into their lane also or cutting them off.

Then again, I have anger management issues as well, which probably doesn't help, but sure feels good to annoy them to the fullest. I wish they all flipped over and totaled their worthless trucks. Considering how unstable and unsafe they are they drive way too fast.

Last edited by malter2.0; 09-16-2013 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #41
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
Yep, I noticed the same thing. I usually return aggression right back at them.

If they tailgate I get aggressive by slowing down on purpose and then speed up if they try to pass angrily. This makes them even more mad and I just enjoy enraging them. It gives me such pleasure!

They have threatened by getting into my line, flipping me off and signaling to pull over and get into a fight. I usually respond by going into their lane also or cutting them off.

Then again, I have anger management issues as well, which probably doesn't help, but sure feels good to annoy them to the fullest. I wish they all flipped over and totaled their worthless trunks.

Appreciate your honesty. I'm a courteous driver but will play "tit for tat" if others are not the same. Don't blame you at all. I wish more people would stand up to the bullies of the road, as someone else described them.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #42
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
Exactly. Tit for tat! I am also the nicest driver you'll meet if you treat me right. I wave to people who let me in. I move over immediately to people who are faster than me in left lane. I let others into my line readily and try to be patient as humanely possible with senior people.

With jerks though I turn into road rage myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #43
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Funnily enough, I sold my 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 diesel for an X5. I now also notice these giants trucks coming up on me pretty closely, especially when I'm driving my wife's 1-series.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #44
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Funnily enough, I sold my 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 diesel for an X5. I now also notice these giants trucks coming up on me pretty closely, especially when I'm driving my wife's 1-series.
perhaps you still have enough "cred" to go back to those truck people and set them straight?
Appreciate 0