F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Sat nav faulty: check antenna
Extreme Powerhouse

05-11-2024, 05:27 AM   #1
bmce
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330e

Sat nav faulty: check antenna

Hello, was wondering if anyone had a potential solution for my sat nav woes? Car is out of warranty so would rather fix myself if possible. Not long after my car (2017 66 plate 330e) was in for the last recall - starter motor - the built in sat nav ceased to work. I use car play so never noticed, I will be selling the car soon so would like to get it working again.

The map screen shows the location as just off the west coast of Africa, all navigation points are at 0°. Have had a look at the service menu and under GPS Status is says: check antenna. Would this suggest that my shark fin antenna is faulty and needs replaced?

Everything else in the car works, hands free calls, DAB radio, Apple car play etc. I pressed the emergency SOS button and the chap who answered could immediately see that my gps was not working. Have tried using BimmerCode to see if anything obvious flagged up but I can’t access the head unit. I wonder if the previous owner has had car play installed via a 3rd party? I’ll attach some pics for reference. Cheers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0