F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > 1Addicts.com Difficulties
proTUNING Freaks

10-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #1
///MG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '05 M3

1Addicts.com Difficulties

Not sure where a thread like this shouldl be posted, however, I am no longer able to visit www.1addicts.com from home.

I am at work now (Windows based PC), and I have a 10 month old Mac mini at home running Safari and Firefox. I can visit any website I wish from my Mac, except for www.1addicts.com. It always "tries" to find the site, then eventually a "Failed to Open Page" message appears.

Anyone know what on Earth could cause this, maybe an admin would know?

I've checked all the settings, re-booted, updated software, allwoed for cookies and privacy preferences... all did NOTHING.

For know I will onyl be able to post/visit from work now.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Hi grg.. It sounds like it's probably a DNS issue on your local machine.

Flush your DNS cache on the client. From Terminal, type in: sudo lookupd -flushcache

You'll be asked for your password, and you should be good to go. It flushes all stored DNS Server locations, and forces the machine to bypass anything stored, and get a new IP the next time you try to go to any site.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
///MG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '05 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Hi grg.. It sounds like it's probably a DNS issue on your local machine.

Flush your DNS cache on the client. From Terminal, type in: sudo lookupd -flushcache

You'll be asked for your password, and you should be good to go. It flushes all stored DNS Server locations, and forces the machine to bypass anything stored, and get a new IP the next time you try to go to any site.
Thanks larryn, I'll try that when I get home tonight. One question though... what do you mean by "terminal?"
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
gotgemini2000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 & E46 M3, 6 speed manuals

you could also just try resetting you browser/emptying the cache. Sometimes the browsers get hung up for whatever reason.

Terminal is the MS-Dos of the apple (it's unix). You can find the Terminal application in your Utilities folder which is located in Applications.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

If you have net nanny or some type of content filter make sure it doesn't have 1addict blocked as well.
      10-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Very strange, but I could see the www. DNS failing sometimes, so try http://1addicts.com (without the www.) and let me know if that works instead of the http://www.1addicts.com address ?